Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

F*ck it anyway, Delta Work’s price gone to the dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

"Santini lost a shoe yesterday and our vet poulticed it as a precautionary measure. I have been away from the yard today but have spoken to my staff and they report him fine and we see no reason why he won’t run in the RSA. Should that change, I will update accordingly."

Nicky on Twitter. Maybe similar to the Altior scare last year. Market does seem to have corrected itself and he's just a handful of ticks away from what he was yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anybody have any idea on Rathvinden ? Was looking at the national. 20s could be worth a few Bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

The Mig wrote: »
    Ruby said Benie Des Dieux is his best ride of the week so I'd imagine Laurina will defo go CH

Ruby's friends in Paddy Power are offering a special price of 6/4 on BDD for the Mare's Hurdle (max bet €200), best price elsewhere is 5/4. NRNB, obviously. As long as AJ and Laurina stay away, she looks like a good thing, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Ruby's friends in Paddy Power are offering a special price of 6/4 on BDD for the Mare's Hurdle (max bet €200), best price elsewhere is 5/4. NRNB, obviously. As long as AJ and Laurina stay away, she looks like a good thing, in fairness.

This is their big one for the week I think. Let the punters wade in and go to town on the 6/4. If she wins then Powers have 3 full days to get their money back, if she’s beaten then their week is off to a flyer. Win win for them. Is it an online only special? If not I might venture into a couple of shops tomorrow and load up and then lay it off at hopefully long odds on in running on the day (in a perfect world that is).

• Advertisement

Can't find that BDD special anywhere lads I'm gone stone thick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Angliru wrote: »

Neither can I, it sounds like waffles. Paddy Power are offering 4/5 on Benie de Dieux. See link below for best price.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/mares-hurdle/winner

If something sounds too good to be true it usually isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Neither can I, it sounds like waffles. Paddy Power are offering 4/5 on Benie de Dieux. See link below for best price.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/mares-hurdle/winner

If something sounds too good to be true it usually isn't.

B365 are 11/10 BDD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Angliru wrote: »

It's an in shop today only special also pushing faugheen out to 6s from 7/2 as his NB for the week 200 max stake on each

It's an in shop today only special also pushing faugheen out to 6s from 7/2 as his NB for the week 200 max stake on each

Never seen €200 max stake. Normally 20 quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Is Limini running in the mares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

BDD special ended at 6pm in shops

Boylesports are 11/10 on Benie Des Dieux. So are Ladbrokes but they are too scared to take a good bet, in Galway anyway.

BDD special ended at 6pm in shops

What would you know???!!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

BumperD wrote: »
    Top festival jockey looks open 3/1 +the field

Boyles have: Ruby 5/2, Geraghty 3/1, Russell and Kennedy each 5/1, Nico 10/1, Townend and Mark Walsh 12/1

cant believe Ruby is fav, though on the other hand i guess they have to do that, sucker bet imo.

I love the spectacle of Cheltenham but try not to get too caught up in it, imo it's a bookies paradise tho last year i had a good profit. the year before got cleaned.

I'm tempted to take a stab on Kennedy at 5/1

ruby and Barry are probably the 2 jockeys i have cursed at more than any but Barry's been doing well lately and he could have a big say this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JagoMoon

Backed Lisnagor Oscar today for the AB. Looks to have good tactical speed and there will be no doubts about him staying. What's people betting strategy now? Is anyone now just waiting for decs and extra places etc?

Cilaos definitely out according to David Casey. Another kick in the teeth although I was already half over it. The hope always stings ya though!

Lads does anyone know where Fakir D’oudaries is going? Seeing a different race mentioned for him everyday ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Lads does anyone know where Fakir D’oudaries is going? Seeing a different race mentioned for him everyday ffs

You’d imagine Supreme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

JagoMoon wrote: »
    Backed Lisnagor Oscar today for the AB. Looks to have good tactical speed and there will be no doubts about him staying. What's people betting strategy now? Is anyone now just waiting for decs and extra places etc?

Look at the Chepstow race replay, dickie diver was the one to take out of it, I don’t know how he didn’t get it in stewards room.
    He’s gone under the radar and I think he’s a huge chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 JagoMoon

Look at the Chepstow race replay, dickie diver was the one to take out of it, I don’t know how he didn’t get it in stewards room.
    He’s gone under the radar and I think he’s a huge chance.

He may have been the one to take out of the Chepstow race but that was 2 and a half miles. What Oscar came out and did at Haydock over 3miles would suggest he is even better over 3. Dickie Diver may improve for the step up in trip but I'd prefer to see him do it first. 2 hurdle runs before an AB not for me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

He's my bet for the supreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

He's my bet for the supreme.
    Any chance they’d try him in the Ballymore? Big price! / less competitive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Kevin Blake has all but said they will be going supreme on the FF Podcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

pugw wrote: »
    Any chance they’d try him in the Ballymore? Big price! / less competitive?

Personally think the Ballymore is the more competitive of the two, supreme the right race for FD

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Klassical Dream has shortened considerably on the exhanges for the Supreme. They must be having a re- think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Klassical Dream has shortened considerably on the exhanges for the Supreme. They must be having a re- think.

I think its the weather forecast tbh, lots of rain forecast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Hope nobody has any antepost bets with BetBright. Seems like they just voided everything as they are closing up shop and sold their technology to 888 who did not buy the business outside of the Software.

I suspect there will be repercussions as people on twitter going wild.
    Personally i am not able to bet with them but keep on top of it anybody with any bets. Do not accept a void bet!! Load of bollix.

isnt betbright Rich Ricci's ?

• Advertisement

Correct Roger.
    They sold the technology for €15m to 888bet and the bookmaking side of it is being closed and by the press release they have sent out they will be voiding all outstanding bets from today on and anyone with an account has 30days to withdraw the funds.

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    Correct Roger.
    They sold the technology for €15m to 888bet and the bookmaking side of it is being closed and by the press release they have sent out they will be voiding all outstanding bets from today on and anyone with an account has 30days to withdraw the funds.

He will be grand once Faugheen hacks up Thursday week!!

Not sure if anyone has as i said but i would advise anyone who has bets pending to sit on it and keep an eye on both @gondorfhenry and @BoycottBetfred on twitter. This matter has been referred to the Gambling Commission in the UK according to Paul F.
    As BetBright is an Irish entity it may be a bit messy imo but i would hold tough on cashing out those funds related to bets for the moment.

Unless of course you want to cash out your **** antepost bets in which case go quick :D

Don't betbright sponsor Notts Forest
    and don't 888 sponsor Derby
    And don't Forest and Derby hate each other!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Are betbright a different crowd to Betfred ?

BetBright gubbed me after a handful of bets. Don't even think I made a profit, they're simply ***** if it looks like you're trying to take some value. They're as bad as Stan James tbh.

See Samcro has taken the tiniest amount of support on the machine and the slack isn't as big as it was. Say a prayer the beauty is going to show his face. Would piss me off stupid if he skipped and Top Notch ended up winning after switching from the Ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Paddy Power special today is Sir Erec @ 11/8 for The Triumph. Best price Evens elsewhere.

Balls, bet365 wont let me cash out my ap bets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Just announced by Gordon Elliott .
    Samcro doesn't run next week !!!

Just announced by Gordon Elliott .
    Samcro doesn't run next week !!!

THE MACHINE IS BACK AND IN FULL WORKING ORDER

The horse better hack up the RSA and Gold Cup the next two years. Heart broken :pac: I guess I should be happy they aren't trying to ruin the horse by rushing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just seen this free flight to the UK around Cheltenham time listed on Adverts should anyone want it:

https://www.adverts.ie/travel/return-flight-to-bristol/17446936

We're looking at a soft ground festival again lads, the forecast is brutal for the next week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is this bad for presenting Percy the forecast?

Nah good for him. Really going to bring Native River back into the reckoning too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

A lot of owners, trainers & maybe even some horses :D have been doing the rain dance. All but guaranteed soft, good to soft in places from Clerk or Course on Day 1. Then lets see what some jockey's say after the 1st race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Slattsy wrote: »
    Nah good for him. Really going to bring Native River back into the reckoning too.

Soft ground, and Presenting Percy is the only possibility of getting native river beat. He holds everything else comfortably.

Percy will have to be what some think he is , anything less and Native river wins. i.e. If its soft Native river should be FAV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

aidankkk wrote: »
    Soft ground, and Presenting Percy is the only possibility of getting native river beat. He holds everything else comfortably.

Percy will have to be what some think he is , anything less and Native river wins. i.e. If its soft Native river should be FAV.

Would have thought you'd be all over Elegant Escape on soft at the current prices Aido!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Would have thought you'd be all over Elegant Escape on soft at the current prices Aido!

one of the first ruled out, i just think he is a plodder. Maybe he'll place, but if he couldn't get near percy on soft ground last year he has no chance in this race. Annabelle Fly is the same price, and far more likely . If he's near 20/1 on the day with 4 places, i wouldn't put anyone off unloading EW.

Think Native River is a hugely likely winner on soft, and im not sure what gets close. On good ill be on Myte Byte at a big price.

Anyway after all that ill be roaring Thistlecrack on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

aidankkk wrote: »
    one of the first ruled out, i just think he is a plodder. Maybe he'll place, but if he couldn't get near percy on soft ground last year he has no chance in this race. Annabelle Fly is the same price, and far more likely . If he's near 20/1 on the day with 4 places, i wouldn't put anyone off unloading EW.

Think Native River is a hugely likely winner on soft, and im not sure what gets close. On good ill be on Myte Byte at a big price.

Anyway after all that ill be roaring Thistlecrack on .

Sorry.. I thought you were a big EE fan, obviously mistaken!

Properly run race see's his jumping improve imo and he'll plod home best of all.

Going by the latest forecast, it's nothing but rain rain rain. Ground already gone good to soft, soft in places.
    Could be looking at soft to heavy for the week if the forecast materialises. Disaster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement