Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renew 4EUFAM card?

Options
  • 30-11-2018 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

crossposting this from the travel-subforum:
    anyway, my wife is living with me (EU citizen) in ireland since 2013. she has always been on a 4EUFAM card.

it had to be renewed in 2016, easy peasy, we got documents, show it there, and she gets a new card. and now it has to be renewed in january of 2019.

we went to the local garda station this week to renew it, a bit early, because we had time.

but this time, they are telling us to downlaod a new form from the inis website!? an EU1 form, a "Residence Card for a qualifying family member of
    a European Union national"? which has a processing time of 10 months?!

is that necessary? we have to send this form to dublin, and upon receipt of a response we are to go back to the garda station to get the card.

however in january of 2019 my wife will be in ireland for 5+ years, so we will apply for citizenship.

cant we simply get the 4eufam card renewed? is this new eu1 card necessary?

nobody seems to know what to do - i write to INIS, and get a response telling me to submit en entirely different for, a EU3 form. "Application for a Permanent Residence Card for non-EEA national family member."

what the hell do we do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Silas

If your Stamp 4EUFAM is due to expire you are required to apply for permanent residence (EU3 form). This form is to be completed by each non-EEA national applying for a permanent residence card, having resided in the State for five
    years or more as the family member of a citizen of the European Union, Switzerland or an EEA Member State, under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) Regulations 2015.

Advertisement