Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management company say its my responsibility to have valve located in common area rep

• 30-11-2018 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have recently purchased an apartment in Dublin. Since moving in the mains water pressure has been very weak and since last week it has completely stopped. On inspection of the piping within my apartment there doesnt appear to be any issues. I took it upon myself to check the service riser located in the lift lobby on my level and I see that one of the pressure reducing valves is quite corroded and showing signs of leaking so I presume this supplies my apartment and is the cause.

I contacted the property managment company as this located in a common area. They responded by saying as this valve only supplies my apartment it is my responsibility to have it fixed. To me this seems completely wrong, I was under the impression that for apartments anything inside my apartment walls is my responsibility, while anything outside is theirs.

My question is, do the management have any justification to their claim that it is my reponsibilty to have it fixed.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

I have recently purchased an apartment in Dublin. Since moving in the mains water pressure has been very weak and since last week it has completely stopped. On inspection of the piping within my apartment there doesnt appear to be any issues. I took it upon myself to check the service riser located in the lift lobby on my level and I see that one of the pressure reducing valves is quite corroded and showing signs of leaking so I presume this supplies my apartment and is the cause.

I contacted the property managment company as this located in a common area. They responded by saying as this valve only supplies my apartment it is my responsibility to have it fixed. To me this seems completely wrong, I was under the impression that for apartments anything inside my apartment walls is my responsibility, while anything outside is theirs.

My question is, do the management have any justification to their claim that it is my reponsibilty to have it fixed.
    Thanks.

What does it say in your lease?

Advertisement