Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitored house alarm

Options
  • 30-11-2018 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,
    I am in the market to get my home alarmed. Are monitored alarms worth it? Who is the better option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

84john wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am in the market to get my home alarmed. Are monitored alarms worth it? Who is the better option?

All installation and monitoring stations have to conform to the same standard.

Shop around is the best advise you can get as prices will vary depending on supplier.
    Also beware some system are designed pacifically to be used by some company's so you could be locked to that company.
    Loads of threads on here relating to this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

84john wrote: »
    Hi all,

Monitored alarms are worth it as long as you are not getting yourself tied into long term contracts.
    Shop around and check the contracts.
    Generally the cheaper option upfront is going to cost more in the long run.
    There are plenty of good companies out there that will offer you good monitoring on a rolling contract with no long term commitments

Advertisement