Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs of Birth Cert

Options
  • 30-11-2018 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,
    I am due to get a birth cert for reach of our newborn twins.
    The cost for standard cert is 20 euro and the cost for a copy for social welfare purposes is 1 euro.
    Should I get one or both? what does one need to 20 euro version for, does the 1 euro version cover all requirements?
    thanks for anyone with info.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Triman111 wrote:
    Hi all, I am due to get a birth cert for reach of our newborn twins. The cost for standard cert is 20 euro and the cost for a copy for social welfare purposes is 1 euro. Should I get one or both? what does one need to 20 euro version for, does the 1 euro version cover all requirements? thanks for anyone with info.

Its the same cert, you need a letter from welfare stating they need a cert in order to avail of the 1euro prove. If no letter it costs 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Triman111 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am due to get a birth cert for reach of our newborn twins.
    The cost for standard cert is 20 euro and the cost for a copy for social welfare purposes is 1 euro.
    Should I get one or both? what does one need to 20 euro version for, does the 1 euro version cover all requirements?
    thanks for anyone with info.

You and your twins will need the full birth cert when applying for Passports and it is also still acceptable as proof of age for lots of things. Medical cards require a copy of a full birth cert when adding a new baby to a family medical card/GP visit card/drugs scheme card for example.

Found this on the registrars website:

When do I need an Irish Birth Certificate?

An original Irish Birth Certificate will be required by your Solicitor when purchasing property
    If you are getting married always ensure that you have a copy of your Irish Birth Certificate available
    If you are applying for a Separation / Divorce you will be required to submit your Irish Birth Certificate
    Many Schools / College’s request a copy of a pupil’s Irish Birth Certificate
    Some religious activities e.g. Communion / Confirmation may require that you produce a Irish Birth Certificate
    Applying for certain benefits from various government departments will require a Birth Certificate to be submitted
    To obtain a Passport an Irish Birth Certificate is among the documentation required
    As a general means of identification when applying for certain services or opening bank accounts, a Birth Certificate may be requested.
    Adoption (in Ireland or Inter-Country Adoption) requires a number of copies of Irish Birth Certificates for the individual / couple who plan to adopt.

Advertisement