Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2019 - General Discussion Thread

1606162636466»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭weisses

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Verstappen wasn't really better than Ricciardo in the RB when Daniel's car didn't throw a conrod or some suspension bits, notwithstanding the absurdly clear preference Red Bull showed for the former. "

Verstappen was the quicker driver .... the data showed that ... your dislike for the man seem to cloud your ability to look at the facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

weisses wrote: »
    Verstappen was the quicker driver .... the data showed that ... your dislike for the man seem to cloud your ability to look at the facts

Faster does not necessarily mean better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

weisses wrote: »

Quicker isn't the same as scoring more points, and scoring points wins championships. Max is quick and getting quicker but Ricciardo was the better package when they were in the same car IMO. Over one lap I'd probably put my money on Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

Infoanon wrote: »
    Button proved himself a worthy champion competing with success against Hamilton at McLaren

He certainly did. I always loved his driving style, so chilled and smooth...but very quick too. He was pretty sensitive to quirks in cars though if I recall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

The double diffuser have them the early advantage they needed to build a sizeable lead before the others caught up. In the end Barrichello fell away to 3rd or 4th in the championship.

True. Although many cars had the double diffuser. Apparently it was the “outwash” front wing that made most use of the double diffuser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Inviere wrote: »
    He certainly did. I always loved his driving style, so chilled and smooth...but very quick too. He was pretty sensitive to quirks in cars though if I recall

Button was very sensitive to quirks in the car. He was prone to a full weekend howler where he just blamed the car all weekend but couldn't find a solution to the problems. I thought that trait got progressively more common as his career came closer to the end (last season with the Honda excluded for obvious reasons).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I see that over the last decade

Mercedes has scored the most points

with 5112

Then

Red Bull with 4468

then

Ferrari with 4164

then

Mclaren with 1972 points

and in 5th

Racing Point with 1099 points.

I myself think the Racing Point one is very contentious as they are not around that long.

If it was still Force India ok but its not.

So I wonder who is 6th that should probably be 5th?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Probably Williams thanks to 2014-6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

AMKC wrote: »
    Racing Point with 1099 points.

I myself think the Racing Point one is very contentious as they are not around that long.

If it was still Force India ok but its not.

So I wonder who is 6th that should probably be 5th?

Racing Point includes the Force India points. Kudos to them for keeping up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If they weren't allowed to keep their Force India points last year why should Racing Point' points count here? Sorry, but in my opinion they are a new team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

flazio wrote: »
    If they weren't allowed to keep their Force India points last year why should Racing Point' points count here? Sorry, but in my opinion they are a new team.

Cause it's unofficial and has no consequences?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

flazio wrote: »

They didn't keep their points in that season but they kept their historical championship results so they get the long term payments. But also as pointed out above, it's not an official stat with consequences. It's just a bit of craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Max has signed with Red Bull for another 3 years - going to be a short silly season at this rate...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement