Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money lost in lodgement machine

Options
  • 01-12-2018 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi, I recently made a cardless lodgement of 150 into my own account in the Wexford Street branch in Dublin. I did not keep the lodgement slip.
    The money did not go into my account and the manager says there is no record of it. I definitely lodged it. What can I do now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Ask to see the CCTV I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

wush06 wrote: »
    Ask to see the CCTV I would say.

Thank you, I'll try that on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

That happened me on one occasion, I had tried lodging late at night. The machine had jammed before lodgement completed and I only got a receipt for some of the lodgement , the remainder being stuck in the machine.
    I was about to go into the branch when they rang me to advise me they had found my money stuck in the machine and they would lodge it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    That happened me on one occasion, I had tried lodging late at night. The machine had jammed before lodgement completed and I only got a receipt for some of the lodgement , the remainder being stuck in the machine.
    I was about to go into the branch when they rang me to advise me they had found my money stuck in the machine and they would lodge it for me.

Same thing happened to me once. I'm getting very tired of in-branch BOI service; they force you to use machines or the online service for everything, and way more problems occur. Think this is about the 4th time I've had problems due to errors with the lodgement machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi, I recently made a cardless lodgement of 150 into my own account in the Wexford Street branch in Dublin.  I did not keep the lodgement slip.
    The money did not go into my account and the manager says there is no record of it.  I definitely lodged it. What can I do now?

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us today.

Can I ask you to please contact our customer service team on 0818 365 365 and explain to the advisor what has happened. They will then contact the Wexford Street branch for you to see what additional checks can be done to trace this lodgement.

Many Thanks.

John

• Advertisement
Advertisement