Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New RTE Player

Options

Comments

So will LG smart tvs get the player as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

zorro2566 wrote: »
    So will LG smart tvs get the player as well?

I have it on my Lg tv, its a 2020 model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

My 2016 Samsung TV doesn't have it

It's a pity the press release doesn't give more details about which TV models will be able to get it

https://www.tg4.ie/en/information/press/press-releases/2021-2/tg4-launches-new-smart-tv-app/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just checked it out on the Fire stick.
    Very nice with a live feed, +1 & +2. Very easy to interact with. A lovely collection of tiled box sets etc.

Not sure if you can set up an account so you can pick up where you left off watching.

TG4 player is a dream to use whenever I’ve used it. It does what it’s supposed to do. It works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

GIMP wrote: »
    I have it on my Lg tv, its a 2020 model

I don't have it either.
    I think mine is a 2018 or 2019 model.
    Did you have to search the content store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

I don't have it either.
    I think mine is a 2018 or 2019 model.
    Did you have to search the content store?

Can;t see it on the content store with my LG anyway.. do you have to point it at an Irish one specifically?
    If so, how?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

vidapura wrote: »
    Can;t see it on the content store with my LG anyway.. do you have to point it at an Irish one specifically?
    If so, how?

Thanks

I have a 2020 LG. Went to the content store and it was there to install. The LG services country is set to Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Downloaded TG4 Player during the week, it makes RTE Player look like something from 1986. How can such a small organisation completely knock RTE out of the water in comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I have the Broadcast country and LG Services Country both set to Ireland and there is still no TG4 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

I have a 2018 LG tv but it isn't present but is on the 2020 tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭vidapura

I have the Broadcast country and LG Services Country both set to Ireland and there is still no TG4 player.

Yah, me too.. my LG is a 2017 model ...I've the satellite zone set to UK so I get the EPG for the UK stations...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭MenloPete

GIMP wrote: »
    I have a 2018 LG tv but it isn't present but is on the 2020 tv

I've sent TG4 an email requesting that they make it available to older smart tvs.Hope they respond!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Apologies Mods as the new TG4 player is what is being talked about recently on this thread

I set up a 2019 LG Smart TV - 32LM6300PLA - over the weekend for a relative and the new TG4 player is available through the Content Store

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Rte player on our Samsung TV plays sounds for ads but a black screen, sometimes the show works, usuay a black screen though. Did this happen to anyone else lately? Our LG TV is fine.
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

RTE player not working on Sony android TV and lg TV. When you open it I get a black screen. Reinstalled it and it is the same. Anyone else having the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

On the shield I rarely have a problem, but if I do I usually clear the cache.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/01/26/rte-player-down-after-9-people-attempt-to-stream-at-the-same-time/

Been trying the RTE player on a chromebook. The App is flaky often stuttering, but works fine from the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

beauf wrote: »
    On the shield I rarely have a problem, but if I do I usually clear the cache.

https://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/01/26/rte-player-down-after-9-people-attempt-to-stream-at-the-same-time/

Been trying the RTE player on a chromebook. The App is flaky often stuttering, but works fine from the website.

Thanks I will try clear the cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭kala85

Is there a list of tellys it actually works on LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Installed the latest version from the Play Store on android device. It worked perfectly to catch up on Smother.

I couldn't believe it because of past experience!

Have they finally got it right or was it just a fluke?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

RTE player not working on Sony android TV and lg TV. When you open it I get a black screen. Reinstalled it and it is the same. Anyone else having the issue.
    I've had similar issues as of late on a Sony Android TV. Clearing Cache + Data usually sorts issue, but didn't last night. Possible server issue on RTE side?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hitchens wrote: »
    Installed the latest version from the Play Store on android device. It worked perfectly to catch up on Smother.

I couldn't believe it because of past experience!

Have they finally got it right or was it just a fluke?
    Got a Now TV dongle a while back and am generally impressed with how the RTE Player is working on that. It really has come on in leaps & bounds in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Quackster wrote:
    Got a Now TV dongle a while back and am generally impressed with how the RTE Player is working on that. It really has come on in leaps & bounds in recent years.

Can you get live TV on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Jonathan wrote: »
    I've had similar issues as of late on a Sony Android TV. Clearing Cache + Data usually sorts issue, but didn't last night. Possible server issue on RTE side?

mines not working either on a samsuny and Lg TV :mad:

It plays the content with sound but no picture on the Samsung, and just a black screen on the lg when you open the app

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Ian OB

Can you get live TV on it?

No.

Apparently its a work in progress. Don't understand why as the app for phone/tablet allows live viewing.

Had an issue with the antenna last year & to watch something live, I had to use chromecast from the phone to the telly because the nowtv version of the RTEplayer can't do it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

Had this issue with my Samsung TV. After making numerous attempts to get it going, I phoned Samsung and gave them remote access to the TV. It took a while but they did a system re-set and I was then able to re-download the app and it’s now working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Works fine on my Sony television.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've got the RTE Player runnng on a Firestick 4k.

It's a bit temperamental sometimes but it does work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone side load the RTE Player on a Philips TV? I can't see it on the Android Store on my tv.

• Advertisement

Can't get live TV working on my Nvidia Shield by casting or by the app. It seems like they've purposely blocked it.

Advertisement