Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my appointment letter for tallaght hospital

Options
  • 01-12-2018 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I am new here. I dont know where to post this, but I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me how to solve the following; I'm meant to attend Tallaght Hospital sometime in December. But I lost the appointment letter, so I don't know when I have to attend. It's for surgery.
    Can anyone tell me what I could do? As I dont even know what dept. I am meant to go to.

Thanks in Advance Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Do you know what surgeon? Contact their Secretary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

stevenR84 wrote: »
    Hi, I am new here. I dont know where to post this, but I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me how to solve the following; I'm meant to attend Tallaght Hospital sometime in December. But I lost the appointment letter, so I don't know when I have to attend. It's for surgery.
    Can anyone tell me what I could do? As I dont even know what dept. I am meant to go to.

Thanks in Advance Guys

Jesus wept. Ring them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Thanks in Advance Guys

Call them, explain what you just said, give your name, and they'll redirect you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

fxotoole wrote: »

Don’t ya know they people are unable to think for themselves these days. They can’t be doing the whole personal responsibility thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

The admin staff have a computerised record of each patient's appointments etc
    if you can tell them your name date of birth it will take less than 1 minute to find your appointment. also ask to sign up for the appointment text alert

It can be difficult to get an answer to the main switchboard in the hospital. Don;t do it out of hours. ring at 9am on the dot and keep trying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

fxotoole wrote: »

I was gonna go with that but it's still early and I'm slightly hungover so thought I'd be nice.

But yes, are people really that helpless or afraid of actually talking to others without the medium of text?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks in Advance Guys

Get out of here, get out quick, that's my advice

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do you know what you are having surgery for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Do you know what you are having surgery for?

Lobotomy by the looks of OP.

Mother of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,435 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Just give a helping hand, not abuse. Everybody's circumstance is different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Your GP might have a hotline to the Hospital if you can't get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Water John wrote: »
    Just give a helping hand, not abuse. Everybody's circumstance is different.

He is ill and if in pain everything takes on a great hardship and panic sets in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Thanks in Advance Guys

You need to report to the crematorium first thing on Monday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Thanks in Advance Guys

Let me guess; you ain't paying for any of this, are you?
    If you had to fork out a few bob for this "surgery", I get the sense you would remember when it was going to happen, and what department you had to attend. But don't fret. When you don't show up; I'm sure that others on the waiting list will love you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Kivaro wrote: »
    If you had to fork out a few bob for this "surgery", I get the sense you would remember when it was going to happen, and what department you had to attend. But don't fret. When you don't show up; I'm sure that others on the waiting list will love you for it.

Most likely on waiting lists for a number of issues.

Nobody pays for surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Graces7 wrote: »
    He is ill and if in pain everything takes on a great hardship and panic sets in..

So he goes on the internet and instead of googling "tallaght hospital phone number" he joins boards? Nah, pure laziness, like the people who ask for a takeaways number on Facebook.....

kneemos wrote: »
    Nobody pays for surgery.

Of course they do, you gobshíte

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Anyone got the number for Mizzonis takeaway in Dorset St ?

01 830 7077

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

0118 999 881 999 119 725…3!

01 830 7077

Are they open yet ?

Of course they do, you gobshíte

No they don't. The health service is there for everyone.
    People choose to take out insurance,but they don't pay for surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Of course you are paying for it through tax.
    Ps. GP s do not have a hotline. Ha ha

You will find that you're talking shíte. Yes of course we pay for (elective) surgery, either that or the surgeon robbed me blind 6 weeks ago...

0118 999 881 999 119 725…3!

That's Prince Akimwanda of London , Nigerias number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Nobody pays for surgery.

There are 2 segments in Irish society.
    One group consists of those with the belief (demand) that everything is for free; free houses, free travel, free healthcare etc. but they don't want to work to pay for it.

The other group is made up of those of us who have to pay for the first group.
    If you believe that nobody pays for surgery, then I know which group you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

They do if they want to go private but don't have health insurance.

There are 2 segments in Irish society.
    One group consists of those with the belief (demand) that everything is for free; free houses, free travel, free healthcare etc. but they don't want to work to pay for it.

The other group is made up of those of us who have to pay for the first group.
    If you believe that nobody pays for surgery, then I know which group you are in.

Well said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

OP has forgotten how to access the thread.

Advertisement