Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Headford road?

Options
  • 01-12-2018 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's any CCTV around by McDonald's on headford road? I got taken out by a car whilst cycling and would like to pursue the issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

topcat77 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any CCTV around by McDonald's on headford road? I got taken out by a car whilst cycling and would like to pursue the issue.

Call into a Garda Station and ask them. They should know where there is CCTV in the City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭bobbyss

topcat77 wrote:

Were you hit? Hope you're ok and hope you catch em.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

I hope you are okay OP.

While walking around town on Friday I was nearly hit by a car twice. Now this is not a rant against drivers as I drive myself but I have noticed a craze that has overcome people lately. I believe it is part of the madness leading up to Christmas and people really need to chill a little. Shops are busy, roads are busier.
    Everyone needs to calm down, we will all get there in the end. Hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'd say your best bet is to go back to the scene of the crime and see what cameras you can spot pointing in that direction the go to the Gardai and tell them which cameras should have captured it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Not aware of any.
    That is nasty stretch of road on the bike, central islands create pinch points. Need to take full lane when on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Need to take full lane when on the bike.

Don’t be that kind of cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Better to be that kind of cyclist than a dead cyclist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Better to be that kind of cyclist than a dead cyclist.

I think we have all seen some cycling behaviours that’s Darwin would be proud of

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not aware of any.
    That is nasty stretch of road on the bike, central islands create pinch points. Need to take full lane when on the bike.

Please do take the full lane. And use your lights and wear light-coloured clothing.

Central islands make road crossing a lot safer for pedestrians.

Don't be that kind of moron motorist who overtakes at pinch points.

• Advertisement

Central islands make road crossing a lot safer for pedestrians.

True - but along that stretch of road most of the Islands are not for that purpose. Only one dished kerb crossing on that whole stretch. It really should have 2/3 raised Zebra crossings instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

If you get to see the CCTV and you see a goat you might provide an update

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057932671

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

As mentioned previously, involve the guards if you haven't already.
    Given the number of retail units in that area id be shocked if there wasn't cctv. The mechanic/tyre place across the road might have a good angle, they have cctv.

Best bet would be to go the spot where the accident occurred and look around, even try google streetview, even though its quite old pictures.

Also, dont expect a retail unit to hand you over their cctv footage, they dont have to give it to you, this is another reason why you need the guards

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Thanks for all your reply's. I checked yesterday for any CCTV but i couldn't see any that would of been directed at the incident.

I'll just count my luck stars i got off with no injures

Thanks

Thanks for all your reply's. I checked yesterday for any CCTV but i couldn't see any that would of been directed at the incident.

I'll just count my luck stars i got off with no injures

Thanks

Have you reported the incident to the Gardai anyway?
    They might be aware of CCTV in the area that is not so visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't use this thread to start a another argument about cyclists/cars/traffic/blah

Advertisement