Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window Gifts and Sales

• 01-12-2018 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

One month to go before the halfway house scramble by sides in poor form, poor positions or with ambitions to get a bit better by spending probably far too much.

Who's in and who's out?

Herr Klopp has already stated their will be no incoming and sadly I have to believe him as bar VVD who was unfinished summer business and Steven Caulker to fill an emergency gap he has never used this window to top up talent. Will likely see one or two leave though - Origi looks off, with talk of Clyne going before the summer.

Would be shocked if Wolves do not buy someone to actually score a goal or two.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not a January deal but supposedly lined up for next summer...

https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/1070817085704552448

https://twitter.com/ybthebest/status/1070835250077548544

Would hate for him to end up at City as I think he'd be a huge signing for them. PSG are crying out for quality in that area of the pitch so it makes sense they'd be interested. Reportedly Mbappe and De Jong have been in contact, which if true suggests Mbappe isn't planning to depart Paris any time soon. I still fancy Neymar to be the one on his way to Madrid in the biggest summer deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Subscription article in L'Equipe on Fekir starts
    The captain of Lyon lives a difficult time and is not even guaranteed to hold in C1, Wednesday. OL would not oppose a departure this winter.

Someone will take a chance on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Newcastle looking to sign Borini from AC Milian.

He must love the North East.

Good chance PSG will look to offload Rabiot in January. He's told them he wants to leave at the end of the season for free.

https://twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/status/1074744020218339335

Barca, Juve and Tottenham have been linked with him.

Not sure he's worth the hassle. He can be great, but can also cause trouble. He's fallen out with Deschamps this past year, and fell foul of Tuchel a few weeks back for turning up late.

Will be interesting to see if PSG dip into the transfer market for a midfielder. You would think they'd have to, especially with Verratti being a yellow card magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't expect any in or outs at Liverpool anyway.

United will be the interesting one, if they are sticking with Mourinho they'll have to buy. If they aren't they'll let it go till the summer and get the manager they really want in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

rob316 wrote: »
    Don't expect any in or outs at Liverpool anyway.

Pulisic announced for the summer maybe?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Pepe is a free agent after having his contract cancelled because Bestikas can't afford to pay his wages.

https://www.goal.com/en-sa/news/besiktas-confirm-departure-of-former-real-madrid-defender/19td8uujsdgoy1hshdqkcpc680

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Novalee Gigantic Escalator

Good chance PSG will look to offload Rabiot in January. He's told them he wants to leave at the end of the season for free.

https://twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/status/1074744020218339335

Barca, Juve and Tottenham have been linked with him.

Not sure he's worth the hassle. He can be great, but can also cause trouble. He's fallen out with Deschamps this past year, and fell foul of Tuchel a few weeks back for turning up late.

Will be interesting to see if PSG dip into the transfer market for a midfielder. You would think they'd have to, especially with Verratti being a yellow card magnet.

his mother is his agent and she's a pain in the a*se, demanding he plays in a certain role..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Newcastle looking to sign Borini from AC Milian.

He must love the North East.

Christ he'd be in for some serious vitriol after being a cult hero for Sunderland!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/1075454931912548353?s=19

He's good but can't help feel Bayern are clearly desperate for a good centre back right now.

• Advertisement

It's nonsense of course but the Mirror have linked Insigne with Liverpool. I didn't even bother click the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Betis doing their best to sign Bakambu, he would have to take a big wage cut though from the money he is on in China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/1075454931912548353?s=19

He's good but can't help feel Bayern are clearly desperate for a good centre back right now.
    That deal means Hummels will be looking for a new club - he's hardly a regular starter as it is.

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1075877399408115712?s=19

Can see this happening tbh. If Chelsea are interested as much as Sarri. Since he missed the penalty and lost his head vs Juve he's not done zilch. Plus Milan have absolutely no intention of paying for him this summer.

Jamie Vardy having a moan about Claude Puel's game tactics not suiting him. Expect transfer rumours any second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Expect Puel to be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,620 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1075877399408115712?s=19

Can see this happening tbh. If Chelsea are interested as much as Sarri. Since he missed the penalty and lost his head vs Juve he's not done zilch. Plus Milan have absolutely no intention of paying for him this summer.
    Yeah ,Morara,s been a flop at chelsea

Barca basically slapping PSG around, first taking Rabiot and now snapping up one of their top targets in De Jong.

Speaking of PSG, I see Ramsey is being linked with a January move.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1078244335513149440

Doing a bit of long-term thinking here but if that move goes ahead, what are the chances Bale joins his compatriot in Paris next summer with Neymar going the other way?

Spurs have triggered Alderweireld extension which means he can leave for an accepted bid of 25m in the summer. He is 29 so Man utd will surely snap him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Samir Nasri joins West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

pjohnson wrote: »
    Samir Nasri joins West Ham.

Great he'll do wonders for their dressing room. Totally unlikable character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Holgate gone on loan to west brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

POKERKING wrote: »
    Holgate gone on loan to west brom.

Well he could come in handy if the rest of the squad try to steal a taxi, him threw firmino out of the stadium faster than any taxi could have taken him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1080052287102468096

"Adrien Rabiot will not consider move to Tottenham as PSG midfielder feels Premier League side is 'below' his level "

So playing in a one team league is his level?

Leicester City will reportedly have to pay £36m to land Shoya Nakajima in January.

The winger was linked with a move to City in October with Wolves also said to be keen earlier in December at a time when the price was said to be around £17m.

Now A Bola say his club Portimonense will only sell if his 40m euro release clause is activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

€40m for a player from Portimonenese!
    I remember taking them to the champions league final on championship manager back in the day, took me a good 20 years and dont think i had players worth 40m then!7

"Adrien Rabiot will not consider move to Tottenham as PSG midfielder feels Premier League side is 'below' his level "

So playing in a one team league is his level?

His Mum he apparently has a deal agreed to join Barca on a free this summer. Nothing signed but Spurs are not a side that would tempt him turning that down.

Djilibodji and ndong, the two wasters that went on strike and had their contracts terminated at sunderland, have both signed for Guingamp, bottom of ligue1

Pulisic completes a € 60 million move to Chelsea.

• Advertisement

• Pulisic completes a € 60 million move to Chelsea.

Guess he didn't want to join the Premier League champions after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Guess he didn't want to join the Premier League champions after all

I can't see why he would tbh, he's never getting in the team ahead of Sterling, Silva x 2, Mahrez, Sane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pulisic completes a € 60 million move to Chelsea.

And is loaned straight back to Dortmund, thats the most annoying part of the deal.

We're down a few wingers/attackers at the moment through short term injuries but I can imagine the deal was only going to be a runner once Dortmund got what they wanted and that was keeping him for another 5 months.

Theyve done really well to sell Aubayemang and Pulisic in January and make a killing and they've managed to keep Pulisic for the remainder of the season.

I reckon Chelsea moved on him early too avoid fighting with Pool and City for him and in case we get a transfer ban, its handy to have players tied down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Guess he didn't want to join the newly crownd Premier League champions elect after all

FYP mate 😂

58 m quid according to the Guardian. It's a lot of money for a player who has yet to really display consistent high level ability.

I've seen comparisons to Jesus Navas which may be harsh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surely they can’t do the usual and just send him out on loan again in the summer at that price?

And if he does stay you’d have to assume that Hazard’s constantly fluttering eyelashes have caught Madrid’s attention and with his contract running down he’d be available for what they believe he’s worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Looks a great deal for Dortmund atm unless Pulisic greatly improves his end product.

Paper gossip:

Wolves lead the chase for Tammy Abraham as he prepares to cut short his loan spell with Aston Villa.
    West Ham are exploring the possibility of signing Everton midfielder James McCarthy on loan and remain in talks over a deal to sign Guy Medel from Besiktas.

Crystal Palace will consider loan options for Nya Kirby this month, amid interest from Charlton and Blackpool.

Fulham boss Claudio Ranieri is close to winning the race to sign Chelsea defender Gary Cahill.
    Chelsea have been handed a blow in their plans to sign Mateo Kovacic on a permanent basis, with former club Inter Milan reportedly plotting a move.
    Inter Milan are preparing a two-year deal to land Ashley Young on a free transfer.
    Wolves have accepted a bid from Aston Villa for defender Kortney Hause.

Southampton midfielder Steven Davis has agreed an initial 18-month contract with Rangers.

Monaco are hopeful of sealing a January transfer for Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MD1990 wrote: »
    Looks a great deal for Dortmund atm unless Pulisic greatly improves his end product.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see a Kagawa or Gotze situation where he’s back at Dortmund in a few years for half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pulisic was pretty **** hot this time last year wasn't he? Sancho probably stolen his spot light this season but still a good player you'd imagine. You'd imagine he'll fair better than their last yank miazga....

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1080436730845716480

"Milan Škriniar | Inter Milan defender could be available for €80m, suggest Tuttosport today."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

"Milan Škriniar | Inter Milan defender could be available for €80m, suggest Tuttosport today."

Cracking player, what's that, about £65-70m? Not too bad with the way inflation is going

Chelsea have been proper mugged off with that signing. Can't believe it. Outstanding business from Dortmund moving on a squad player for that sort of money. They'll probably get a similar fee for Weigl as well. If I were a Chelsea fan I'd rather see Hudson-Odoi get a proper chance. I thought he looked very promising in the pre-season games.

If they were intent on buying then they should have tried to get Eden's brother Thorgan back who has been one of the Bundesliga's star performers and can play either flank. Wouldn't be surprised if Dortmund go for him now. With the money for Pulisic you'd get most Bundesliga talents except for Bayern's contingent and the top Dortmund talents. And if you're going to go for a Dortmund player why not go all out and bid 100m on Sancho. He'll be well worth it.

Sheffield wed have 'signed' steve bruce as manager, to start in feb 1st - presumably due to some gardening leave clause after being sacked by villa.
    How does that charlatan keep getting employed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,339 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United should be all over that.

If I were a Chelsea fan I'd rather see Hudson-Odoi get a proper chance. I thought he looked very promising in the pre-season games.

Odoi will play alright.

Willian and Pedro will be 31 and 32 by the time next season starts and both are out of contract in 18 months time.

Given Hazard is also out of contract in 18 months time, Odoi, if he really fancies will beomce a main stay in the Chelsea side if he makes do with a bit part role for the next 5 months or so as its likely one if not two wingers will be leaving in the summer.

It all really depends on what happens with Hazard, if he signs an extension and stays, I can see Willian being sold off and Pulisic and Hazard being the main wingers, Odoi and Pedro will be back ups.

Even if Sarri makes the move full time to a false 9 and Hazard playing there, it will do nothing but help Odois chances at playing even more. Hes unlucky at the moment as he came on for an injured Pedro against Watford only to get injured himself otherwise he'd probably have played against Palace and tonight against Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Would Pulisic not be a Hazard replacement? I mean obviously not a direct replacement since Hazard is something else entirely, but if Hazard was to join....oh i dont know......lets say Real Madrid, in the summer ahead of his contract expiring next year, Chelsea have a new up and coming young English speaking attacking midfielder/no 10 to base the team around. Could be a load of conjecture on my part, but would make sense to me anyway!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Odoi will play alright.

Willian and Pedro will be 31 and 32 by the time next season starts and both are out of contract in 18 months time.

Given Hazard is also out of contract in 18 months time, Odoi, if he really fancies will beomce a main stay in the Chelsea side if he makes do with a bit part role for the next 5 months or so as its likely one if not two wingers will be leaving in the summer.

It all really depends on what happens with Hazard, if he signs an extension and stays, I can see Willian being sold off and Pulisic and Hazard being the main wingers, Odoi and Pedro will be back ups.

Even if Sarri makes the move full time to a false 9 and Hazard playing there, it will do nothing but help Odois chances at playing even more. Hes unlucky at the moment as he came on for an injured Pedro against Watford only to get injured himself otherwise he'd probably have played against Palace and tonight against Southampton.

Isn't Hudson-Odoi being heavily linked with a move to the Bundesliga? I've read Bayern are interested in him. I think it would be poor business for Chelsea if they go ahead with that.

https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/1080734419688833024

"RB Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff says that they will sell Timo Werner this summer if he does not sign a new contract, telling kicker: "A club like us can not afford to have Timo Werner go into his final contract year."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Novalee Gigantic Escalator

https://twitter.com/swearimnotpaul/status/1080734419688833024

"RB Leipzig CEO Oliver Mintzlaff says that they will sell Timo Werner this summer if he does not sign a new contract, telling kicker: "A club like us can not afford to have Timo Werner go into his final contract year."
    Wouldn’t mind Chelsea going for him - feeling he’ll end up at Liverpool

Pter wrote: »
    Would Pulisic not be a Hazard replacement? I mean obviously not a direct replacement since Hazard is something else entirely, but if Hazard was to join....oh i dont know......lets say Real Madrid, in the summer ahead of his contract expiring next year, Chelsea have a new up and coming young English speaking attacking midfielder/no 10 to base the team around. Could be a load of conjecture on my part, but would make sense to me anyway!

Ideally, Hazard stays but if we finish outside the top 4 and dont win the EL, he'll be off I reckon.
    Isn't Hudson-Odoi being heavily linked with a move to the Bundesliga? I've read Bayern are interested in him. I think it would be poor business for Chelsea if they go ahead with that.

Chelsea wont sell him, they've apparently rejected 2 offers from Bayern, by wont sell him I mean we dont want to lose him. If he doesnt sign a contract extension in the coming months, hes free to talk to other clubs come next January, I dont think it will get that far though and he will extend his deal.
    Wouldn’t mind Chelsea going for him - feeling he’ll end up at Liverpool

Chelsea desperately need a goal scorer. I'd nearly re-call Bayshauyi and or Abraham at this stage and flog Morata whos just flopped and Giroud is too old at this stage, neither will have more than 10 goals in them a year and thats pretty pathetic compared to the other top 6 CFs and could ultimately cost us a place in the top 4.

If Chelsea could do a deal to get Werner in now it would be massive but everyone in Europe knows we need a CF and would bend us over a barrel so I think we'll probably plow on with what we have and go after a CF in the summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement