Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window Gifts and Sales

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I see Burnley rejected a loan bid from Preston for Hart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Necro wrote: »
    Did I dispute the injury proneness of Ox, Wilshere or Gibbs? Mentioning Ozil, RVP and Fabregas in the same vein is simply fake news.

RVP was definitely injury prone.

RVP always lost long portions of seasons up until his final
    season and a half with Arsenal which was his longest unbroken run of near constant availability.

His average amount of appearances per league season at Arsenal was just above 24. So basically on average he didn't make it for a third of every season: that's an injury prone player.

He only played 30 league games once, his final season. Twice he didn't even make twenty league games. I can remember RVP being out for long stretches in both 07/08 and 09/10 when he was absent for ages during those campaigns. The RVP injury felt like an inevitable feature of most Arsenal seasons while he was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Paully D wrote: »

Challenge for titles.... LOL.

I'm sure growing up as a boy in Austria winning the Chinese super league title was a big part of his dreams.

I've no real problem with him negotiating a move if it's best for him, and of course he had a short career to earn as much as he can, but be fvcking honest about it.... Let him come to Dundalk for a grand a week if he's interested in winning a title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If someone offered him the chance to move to Dundalk or the chance to move to China, i wouldnt blame him for opting for China.....

100% more Chinese Walls in China, if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco_EN/status/1083433653689090055

Very good signing for Monaco. He's been one of the best LBs in Ligue 1 this season. He's leaving a Lille side second in the table for a Monaco team second-last. Will he regret it? Probably not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea turning down Barca bids again for Willian is the most frustrating thing we've since the exact same thing happened in the summer.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Chelsea turning down Barca bids again for Willian is the most frustrating thing we've since the exact same thing happened in the summer.

:rolleyes:

You're a bigger fool for believing the rags

You're a bigger fool for believing the rags

I dont believe the rags per-se but theres a raft of good Chelsea journos on Twitter that I do believe.

I dont see Chelsea selling him anyway given we've only 4 wingers at the club and 3 of them, including Willian could all be gone in the next 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Betis have signed Diego Lainez for 15 million. 18 years old and swiped from under the noses of Ajax, whose fans are seriously raging on the reddit soccer forum. Hopefuly we can bring in a striker as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Betis have signed Diego Lainez for 15 million. 18 years old and swiped from under the noses of Ajax, whose fans are seriously raging on the reddit soccer forum. Hopefuly we can bring in a striker as well.

All the 2nd tier teams (2nd tier in terms of referring to teams just below the level of the big money teams PSG, Real, Bayern, Liverpool, ManU etc.) are going for the young & promising south American and European talents before they can even prove themselves properly at home, in the hope of finding the next best thing they can then sell on for a huge fee.

Along the same line Dortmund seems to have signed 19 year old Argentinian Defender Leonardo Balerdi from Boca Juniors for some 16 mil. Euro. He has played 450 minutes for Boca so far and is expected to sign for 4 1/2 years next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

That'd be a big loss for West Ham. And you'd have absolutely no faith in the £35 million being spent well on a replacement.

Famously, that gets you exactly one Andy Carroll.

Thankfully for West Ham they won't be able to waste that amount of money on that particular player (at least not this time round)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They're going to buy Divock Origi for 30m. or Daniel Sturridge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sturridge would be a good shout for West Ham

Fabregas to Monaco is official.

https://twitter.com/AS_Monaco/status/1083781875200638977

He should provide the quality to get his mate Henry out of relegation trouble.

I see they're being linked with Batshuayi as well. He'd be a good acquisition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Well that was a crap unveil video.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

rob316 wrote: »
    Well that was a crap unveil video.

Still better than the Sanchez one where he's out of breath just walking out onto the pitch after playing the piano :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That’s an unfortunate typo from Monaco! eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Paully D wrote: »
    That’s an unfortunate typo from Monaco! eek:

It's in French...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gabbiadini completed his transfer to Sampdoria for £10.8 million from Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ryan Babel to Fulham is being reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ffs......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Wasnt bad for the netherlands in the WC. I would think a defender would be top priority for them though.

Gabbiadini completed his transfer to Sampdoria for £10.8 million from Southampton.

Hasenhüttl doing the right things at Southampton. Look forward to his business in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

can't believe he's only 32 he's been around for donkeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Wasnt bad for the netherlands in the WC. I would think a defender would be top priority for them though.

Which WC?

Which WC?

Your right they werent in the WC, it was the friendlies i seen him

Tippex wrote: »
    can't believe he's only 32 he's been around for donkeys

He’s been an inspiration for donkeys...

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1084843460748890113

Would be an interesting signing. Third-highest scorer in Ligue 1 despite not always having great service and I thought he was excellent against Marseille a few weeks ago before the winter break. Strong in the air which would suit Cardiff but not the most graceful of players, and I'd be worried about his ability to hold up the ball in the physicality of the Premier League. Think it's one that could go either way but I suppose they feel they have to gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Did he get a warm welcome from Warnock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Atleast post credible links. That's some twat in his bedroom making up transfer stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1084843460748890113

Would be an interesting signing. Third-highest scorer in Ligue 1 despite not always having great service and I thought he was excellent against Marseille a few weeks ago before the winter break. Strong in the air which would suit Cardiff but not the most graceful of players, and I'd be worried about his ability to hold up the ball in the physicality of the Premier League. Think it's one that could go either way but I suppose they feel they have to gamble.

I know nothing of this guy but it has dud all over it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Do athletico need morata ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

retalivity wrote: »

Costa has struggled since he's gone back, so they do need a striker.

Whether Morata is the answer to that is another question.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Two big ifs for me, if he performs and if they get him cheaply, they'll see it as a good deal.

I think his first club was Atletico before ending up at Real too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Two big ifs for me, if he performs and if they get him cheaply, they'll see it as a good deal.

I think his first club was Atletico before ending up at Real too.
    I was in the Bernabeu for Morata's full debut - think it was Rayo Vallecano or someone of a similar level. Scored after three minutes - looking like it was going to be a great game. Then Ramos got sent off after around 15, Mourinho took Morata off for Essien or someone. Shut down the game and spent the next 70 mins kicking the ball away.

Priick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spurs linked with a pay as you play move for Guiseppe Rossi who is training with United.

Barcelona reported to be trying to gazump Morata move to Atletico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Think Fulham should get Cahill and drinkwater on loan from Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1087027242465722368?s=19

This would be quite a strange arrangement to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1087027242465722368?s=19

This would be quite a strange arrangement to say the least.

Probably happens already tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ac Milan signing Piatek from Genoa for €35m as a replacement for higuain.
    Genoa only signed him for €4m in June, nice bit of business!

Ac Milan signing Piatek from Genoa for €35m as a replacement for higuain.
    Genoa only signed him for €4m in June, nice bit of business!

That's who Chelsea should have gone for instead of the Argentinian Morata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That's who Chelsea should have gone for instead of the Argentinian Morata.

Piateks only had one good half season in Serie A for Genoa

Higuains done it for how many years between Spain and Italy, and under Sarri for a couple too

For the next season or two I’d imagine Higuain is still the better punt, and the better fit for Chelsea

Piateks only had one good half season in Serie A for Genoa

Higuains done it for how many years between Spain and Italy, and under Sarri for a couple too

For the next season or two I’d imagine Higuain is still the better punt, and the better fit for Chelsea

A good great half season > a flop season.

sugarman wrote: »
    AH come on now! Wherever Higuain goes he scores a **** tonne. Hes a solid 20+ goals a season player whos proved it in 2 of the top leagues. You dont just fall to **** the moment you hit 30.

Piatek has been good, but he hasnt proved anything yet at a high enough level to warrant that kid of price tag.

Id have Higuain any day of the week.

Have you watched him this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He's 31 guys. And he doesn't exactly take care of himself. He's an old 31. He looks in good shape at the moment but even so when you watch him.....he isn't exactly mobile.

Higuain is just another example of top forwards who don't have the discipline to control their weight which has effected their career....Rooney, Adriano and Benzema being examples that most people here are familiar with.

As I said he looks okay physically at the moment but of all the options out there .....is he really the right man for chelsea? Another striker who may be past his best. It reeks of Shevchenko and Torres to be honest. I feel Sarri might end up being pretty disappointed.

I suppose the risk is mitigated by the fact that its a loan but his wages are reported to be absolutely absurd. It's a gamble make no mistake about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Higuain would have struggled 10 years ago in the PL.
    I'll keep an open mind and we'll see what happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement