Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Transfer Window Gifts and Sales

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Kevin Prince Boateng set to join Barcelona according to sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kirby wrote: »
    Higuain is just another example of top forwards who don't have the discipline to control their weight which has effected their career....Rooney, Adriano and Benzema being examples that most people here are familiar with.

Romelu-Lukaku-Weight-Gain-Featured.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Kirby wrote: »
    He's 31 guys. And he doesn't exactly take care of himself. He's an old 31. He looks in good shape at the moment but even so when you watch him.....he isn't exactly mobile.

Higuain is just another example of top forwards who don't have the discipline to control their weight which has effected their career....Rooney, Adriano and Benzema being examples that most people here are familiar with.

As I said he looks okay physically at the moment but of all the options out there .....is he really the right man for chelsea? Another striker who may be past his best. It reeks of Shevchenko and Torres to be honest. I feel Sarri might end up being pretty disappointed.

I suppose the risk is mitigated by the fact that its a loan but his wages are reported to be absolutely absurd. It's a gamble make no mistake about it.

Anyone out there right now is a gamble, there's no striker available now who would guarantee a top club the 1 in 2 rate that they need from their number 1 striker, Higuain is as good as it gets right now imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This would be a hell of a deal for Chelsea - 48m Morata option on Atletico loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/dcfcofficial/status/1087394394536214529

Legit thought this was for coaching and not playing

It looked quite happy in the Californian sun last time I saw him on the telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

pjohnson wrote: »
    Kevin Prince Boateng set to join Barcelona according to sky?

Confirmed now.

Very very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

Awful whiff of Paulinho about that Boateng deal. Wonder if we might see Boateng go to China via Barca in the summer. Something weird going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wouldnt be surprised alright if he ended up in China for triple what Barca will pay for him in the next 12/18 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's a loan deal to Barca, no? Makes little sense anyway whatever they're up to

GavRedKing wrote:
    I wouldnt be surprised alright if he ended up in China for triple what Barca will pay for him in the next 12/18 months.

Nah he's just a cheap option as they aren't awash with cash right now. Only a loan for 1 million with an option to buy.
    He did well at Frankfurt, Las Palmas & Sassuolo in recent years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Seems every year Barca are linked with a cheap signing to take pressure off their main stars in second half of the season. Makes a lot of sense, get a player in who was actually plsying and is happy to get a chance at the club,. Might be better thsn keeping a player on the books all season who does not play enough to be happy or sharp when needed in the post winter break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1084843460748890113

Would be an interesting signing. Third-highest scorer in Ligue 1 despite not always having great service and I thought he was excellent against Marseille a few weeks ago before the winter break. Strong in the air which would suit Cardiff but not the most graceful of players, and I'd be worried about his ability to hold up the ball in the physicality of the Premier League. Think it's one that could go either way but I suppose they feel they have to gamble.

That lad has gone down in a light plane crossing the English channell late last night. Sad news, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

John obi mikel gone to Boro? What a strange transfer window

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona_es/status/1088119327889473536

Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible 11 in add ons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Zaha to dortmund in the summer for 50m is now doing the rounds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible 11 in add ons.

I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De Jong turns them down for Barca.

Apparently they're going to pip Chelsea to the signing of Zenit midfielder Leandro Paredes.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1088127915450085376

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De Jong turns them down for Barca.

Messi to PSG incoming :pac:

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/1088123797381808128?s=19

astradave wrote: »
    Messi to PSG incoming :pac:

I remember reading rumours that they'd supposedly make a play for Rakitic in the summer as revenge for being outmanoeuvred but I'm not sure Barca would be too bothered to lose him as he's 31 soon. They'd likely be moving him on in the near future anyway.

PSG land Spurs (?) target Paredes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PSG land Spurs (?) target Paredes

It was Chelsea looking at him wasn't it?

https://twitter.com/ATLUTD/status/1088557304083996672?s=19

Does this say a lot of the quality coming out of South America now or am I too harsh.
    He's 25 so isn't too young to rush out of River Plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Arnautovic staying with west ham

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Victory Moses gone to Fenerbache on 18 month loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Victory Moses gone to Fenerbache on 18 month loan

I'd say he'll be a success over there :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1090909160491888640

Peter Crouch to Burnley,Sam Vokes to Stoke.

Fellaini passes medical and is off to China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Wolves have signed Jonny Otto from Atletico Madrid for £18m.

• Poor old Sky

Wonder what spoofing they will come up with today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Fellaini passes medical and is off to China.

Good news for Utd, Fellaini is a useless donkey and sort of epitomises the mediocrity that has set in with the club in the last 5 years, he'd be the poster boy for it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Probably the least eventful winter window I can remember. Nothing beat the Carroll, Torres transfer for drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Poor old Sky

Wonder what spoofing they will come up with today

So far Redknapp has declared that Everton should sign Batshuayi on loan (impossible as Everton already have Zouma on loan from Chelsea) and website just announced that Idrissa Gueye WONT be joining Everton :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Denis Suarez to Arsenal is done. Is Miguel Almiron to Newcastle actually happening?

Is that it for this window? I know people say there's no value in the January market but this has been particularly drab.

Dominic Solanke at £19m and Chris Mepham at £12m are the biggest signings that I can think of, in terms of cost. This is excluding Pulisic as he isn't joining Chelsea until the summer. Outside, the high profile loans of Higuain/Morata/Suarez and eh... Clyne?

EDIT: Almiron done deal for £21.5m.

A few years ago BBC 5live and the red button would have a round up and hope for some last minute excitement but there is nothing at all radio, tv, or online bar a standard feed on the BBC football website.

How's Sky coping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

You got to feel sorry for their reporters stsnding outside all day and despite being told that nothing will be happening they have to spout the same rubbish every few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Good news for Utd, Fellaini is a useless donkey and sort of epitomises the mediocrity that has set in with the club in the last 5 years, he'd be the poster boy for it imo.

Your opinion would be wrong sir. For a useless donkey at a club entrenched in mediocrity he has more medals in that period than many other much more deified individuals elsewhere have. Plus he is going to get over €200k a week marauding around asia like Godzilla with a fro.

You'd also want to be careful about referring to people as animals as well sir, it's not taken to kindly around these here parts.

Surprised Leicester have taken Tielemans on loan. He's been very poor for the past two seasons. Henry knew him from the Belgium squad and wasn't able to get anything significant out of him. Occasionally he shows flashes of quality but often games pass him by. I think like with Ghezzal they've been mugged off there.

https://twitter.com/MHChehade/status/1091388141360107520

"Turkish second division side Elazigspor had their transfer ban lifted just two hours before the end of the transfer window, in those 2 hours they have set a new record singing and registering 22 players. Twenty Two".

• Advertisement

Timo Werner to join Bayern in the Summer.
    Lucas Hernandez also headed there from Atletico Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Timo Werner to join Bayern in the Summer. Lucas Hernandez also headed there from Atletico Madrid.

Some deals for Bayern

sugarman wrote: »
    AH come on now! Wherever Higuain goes he scores a **** tonne. Hes a solid 20+ goals a season player whos proved it in 2 of the top leagues. You dont just fall to **** the moment you hit 30.

Piatek has been good, but he hasnt proved anything yet at a high enough level to warrant that kid of price tag.

Id have Higuain any day of the week.

Piatek looks the real deal to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Munich broke there transfer record today signing Lucas Hernandez for £68m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Munich broke there transfer record today signing Lucas Hernandez for £68m

Yeh I saw that, with Pavard also joining, two new FBs who can play across the back. I wonder if they are looking to part with one of two defenders to make room? Surely not Kimmich, but maybe Alaba? At 26, he could do with a fresh challenge, and I think Bayern would cash in to control the budget...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Kimmich probably move into cm I'd say.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Kimmich probably move into cm I'd say.

Right wing more likely. Alaba can play centre mid handily enough. I'd certainly try to keep both, excellent players and they have a lot of aging midfielders and wide players

Advertisement