Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless alarm engineer code

Options
  • 02-12-2018 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

have I a legal right to my engineer code from my alarm company installer I can see why they don't want you to have it but need it to delete msg in timer going to tackle them tomorrow there office just around corner all advice welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

baw510 wrote: »
    have I a legal right to my engineer code from my alarm company installer I can see why they don't want you to have it but need it to delete msg in timer going to tackle them tomorrow there office just around corner all advice welcome

Not that I know of.
    A lot of devices would have some sort of engineer code that end users wouldn't have any access too.
    You could get the installer out to change the systems code back to the default code.
    He wouldn't be obliged to do this so expect to pay a call out for same.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would not be giving it out to anyone without them signing a disclaimer. An installer is installing the system and certifying the system to the required standards. Any changes made in engineer menu could affect that or the correct operation of the system.
    There are engineer codes on everything these days along with manufacturer codes and more.
    As an installer there are also codes on systems that we would not be entitled to either.

Advertisement