Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target Shotgun Disciplines - Rules

Options
  • 02-12-2018 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

I have been thinking quite a lot recently about trying my hand at some form of Target Shotgun Shooting. I have a semi shotgun but it has been the least loved child as my 308 and the 40 have definitely been my main focus over the last few years. Time for a new direction perhaps.

I see that the NASRPC are holding competitions in these disciplines, at least they were during 2018.

GRM1TP1 ] M1 Gallery Rifle - T&P1[GRM1MT ] M1 Gallery Rifle - Multi Target
    [TSGMTP1 ] Target Shotgun - Manual - T&P1
    [TSGMMT ] Target Shotgun - Manual - Multi Target
    [TSGMEMB ] Target Shotgun - Manual - Embassy Cup
    [TSGSTP1 ] Target Shotgun - Semi - T&P1
    [TSGSMT ] Target Shotgun - Semi - Multi Target
    [TSGSEMB ] Target Shotgun - Semi - Embassy Cup

I have two questions (I) can someone give me the rules and requirements for each or any of these and (ii) where are the next major competitions being held so I can have a look see.

I know that a Restricted Semi or Pump is required. I'm soon changing my Shotgun anyway so I've considered that already.

All information helpful (extra costs - memberships, special shells, belt and loading systems, anything else to consider etc.)

Thanks
    freddieot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Go over to the UK NRA site,there is a manual there"The target shotgun",gives all the disiplines,and seems to be whats used here. Competitions...Good question....Find it very hard to find info on when and where.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

freddieot wrote: »
    I have been thinking quite a lot recently about trying my hand at some form of Target Shotgun Shooting. I have a semi shotgun but it has been the least loved child as my 308 and the 40 have definitely been my main focus over the last few years. Time for a new direction perhaps.

I see that the NASRPC are holding competitions in these disciplines, at least they were during 2018.

GRM1TP1 ] M1 Gallery Rifle - T&P1[GRM1MT ] M1 Gallery Rifle - Multi Target
    [TSGMTP1 ] Target Shotgun - Manual - T&P1
    [TSGMMT ] Target Shotgun - Manual - Multi Target
    [TSGMEMB ] Target Shotgun - Manual - Embassy Cup
    [TSGSTP1 ] Target Shotgun - Semi - T&P1
    [TSGSMT ] Target Shotgun - Semi - Multi Target
    [TSGSEMB ] Target Shotgun - Semi - Embassy Cup

I have two questions (I) can someone give me the rules and requirements for each or any of these and (ii) where are the next major competitions being held so I can have a look see.

I know that a Restricted Semi or Pump is required. I'm soon changing my Shotgun anyway so I've considered that already.

All information helpful (extra costs - memberships, special shells, belt and loading systems, anything else to consider etc.)

Thanks
    freddieot.

Rule book http://galleryrifle.com/handbook/handbook-2017/

T&P1 all firearms (.22lr, 38spl, 12g, M1) >
    25m 12 shots to include a reload in 2 min,
    15m 12 shots in strings of 1 shot, 2 sec for each shot, 5 sec interval. 6 in the mag with time to reload.
    10m 6 shots in strings of 2 shots, 3 sec for each string, 5 sec interval.

Multi Target 2 targets on the backstop all firearms >
    25m 6 shots in 15 sec LH target.
    20m 3 shots on each target 10 ec
    15m 6 shots in strings of 2 shots in 3 sec for each string, 5 sec interval RH target
    10m 6 shots on each target 8 sec

Embassy Cup Man/Semi SG. 2 targets up
    25m Loaded with min of 4 rounds. 20 sec total. Standing 2 rounds on each target, reload min of 4 rounds, goto Prone 2 rounds on each target.
    20m Loaded with min of 4 rounds. 20 sec total. Standing 2 rounds on each target, reload mi of 4 rounds, goto Sitting 2 rounds on each target.
    15m Loaded with min of 4 rounds. 20 sec total. Standing 2 rounds on each target, reload min of 4 rounds, goto Kneeling 2 rounds on each target.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Go over to the UK NRA site,there is a manual there"The target shotgun",gives all the disiplines,and seems to be whats used here. Competitions...Good question....Find it very hard to find info on when and where.

NASRPC run the comps. but only at certain ranges during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Competitions...Good question....Find it very hard to find info on when and where.[/QUOTE]

All NASRPC National comps are advertised here in Target shooting and their web site and face book site prior to them taking place and members of associated clubs receive email notification if they have provided mail details.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭NASRPC

Only some ranges support Target Shotgun - so NASRPC can only offer Nationally graded competitive opportunities in those sports, when hosted by those ranges.

Lough Bo, Co Sligo
    MTSC, Co. Limerick
    An Riocht, Co. Kerry
    MNSCI, Co. Offaly
    Bracken, Co. Tyrone

As far as I remember

All of those have National matches scheduled in 2019, check out the NASRPC calendar for info on those.

NASRPC issue the match notice for all their events at least 2 weeks prior. To be notified of those you can subscribe to our mailing list, follow our facebook page or keep an eye on TargetShooting@boards

The clubs will also, no doubt, have club competitions, so get it contact with them directly, for information on those.

In terms of practice, if your own club doesn't facilitate it, then contact some of the clubs that do and ask. (Just bring biscuits!!)

NASRPC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

NASRPC wrote: »
    Only

NASRPC issue the match notice for all their events at least 2 weeks prior. To be notified of those you can subscribe to our mailing list, follow our facebook page or keep an eye on TargetShooting@boards
    NASRPC

PM sent.Re mailing list.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭NASRPC

Many people may be subscribed to the mailing list but not have given us permission under GDPR to send them emails.

If not sure, visit nasrpc.ie and hit the subscribe button - enter your email and if it says already registered, then edit your profile where you can give us permission to send you emails.

Then brace yourself.

NASRPC
    (We don't actually send that many emails)

Advertisement