Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Sherwen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Raam wrote: »
    Reading on Twitter that he has passed away.
    https://twitter.com/Sonjamclaughlan/status/1069310583286243328

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

RIP Paul Sherwen. Grew up watching the Tour de France evening programmes with him, Gary Imlach and Phil Liggett on Channel 4.

Great memories of his commentary from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

One of the legends of cycling both on the bike and behind the Mic.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bax4556

A very nice ordinary guy May he rest in peace

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Very sad news

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

RIP Paul Sherwen
    Paris-Roubaix 1983

5707196970_071e6424ec_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

RIP. Despite the damage that Ligget's blind loyalty did to them as a pair (and they were very much the one ticket in my view), there's no doubt he was one of the voices of cycling I grew up with.

It also shouldn't be forgotten that he made it as a pro the hard way, at a hard time for an English speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

RIP.
    I have great memories of listening to him on Channel 4 during the 1995 TdF just after we had got 'the channels' in our house

Advertisement