Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial settlement.

Options
  • 02-12-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a question about my separation/divorce. It's been 2 years since I've left my wife, there wasn't another person involved, things just died out between us. Now I've got an email from her where she is claiming I owe her 20k. She listed all bank transfers from her's to my bank account over a period of 5 years, rent paid and 2 small loans that she took. She is saying that because I had a workshop and office for my business in the house which we've been renting, she "invested" in my business and she wants the money back. Can you please tell me if her claim has any lawful grounds?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

She can claim whatever she wants. Doesn't necessarily mean she'll get anything ultimately.

p.s. Get proper advise.

Advertisement