Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods Unsatisfactory Service

Options
  • 02-12-2018 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Long story short - I set up a LW account last year - bought some items in November and didnt use them again until yesterday when I submitted an order for clothing to the tune of €215. The ordering process was fine , I was even offered credit of €700 which I declined and paid with my debit card. The order was completed and I was given a reference number, and the funds were debited from my bank account.
    Today I checked my order history , to see each item I ordered yesterday was declined. Checked with LW webchat and was informed the account was closed - I hadnt closed it , apparently if its inactive for 6 months , this is what happens. I wasnt informed. I questioned why this was'nt flagged at any point of my placing the order - and why is it possible to take further customer details, and deduct money from their account , if its supposedly CLOSED ???
    Customer Service was a total waste of time - they had no explanation as to why this happens and couldnt answer my queries relating to data protection , apart from offering to delete my info . I was told 2 different accounts of when the monies will be returned to my account ...this morning it was 3-5 days , this evening they said 24- 48 hours . The account cannot be reactivated, so if you still want the goods you need to set up another account with a different email address which takes 3 days ...Grrrrrrr:mad:..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

I ordered things last month and I couldn’t tell you when the account was previously used (there’s nothing even listed in the account history) and I didn’t have any issues. I used credit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Perhaps thats they're preferred way of doing business ...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

I usually just buy them on credit and then pay off in full whatever I’m keeping. They don’t gain anything from interest but keeps my money from being tied up for a few weeks through the delivery/return process

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Ah for sure ....its just a bummer to be without the dosh and the clothes ...:(

Advertisement