Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand purchase

Options
  • 02-12-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't have all the specs but a relative is off-loading his current set up and I'm thinking of picking it up for my 12 year old. He's into tech but wouldn't be playing any demanding games yet.

At a high level, it has an i7-3770k, a GTX 760 and the PSU is Corsair CX 750 (80 plus bronze certified). Not sure what HDD is in it and he just realised it came back from a repair minus it's SSD.

Any thoughts on what a reasonable price for this would be based on the above?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Maybe 300-350.

Should definitely follow up on that missing SSD though; maybe it's just a mistake but could just as easily be theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Maybe 300-350.

Should definitely follow up on that missing SSD though; maybe it's just a mistake but could just as easily be theft.

Perfect. Thanks.

I'll probably get it for 250/275 and it will come with a 28 inch monitor that he bought for 240 euro 2 years ago. He was going to give it for free but I would rather make a contribution to his new PC.

The SSD is a strange one as the I think the OS would have been on it. Hard for it to be a mistake but it was 12 months ago. He thought it was slower starting up, but only had it open recently and noticed it was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If buying it pick up a SSD yourself as they make a massive difference. Even a cheap 120GB one and install windows on it and transfer each game to SSD when playing them and store them on HDD. Then once cash comes available in future pick up a decent sized one 500GB+.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wouldn't even bother with 120Gb SSDs anymore.
    You can get 240, 480 & 960 Gb drives for under 15c/Gb now, while even the cheapest 120 is 19c/Gb

Advertisement