Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook /iMac recommendation

Options
  • 03-12-2018 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I’m looking to switch to a MacBook or an iMac, have had a few issues with windows computers in the past. Can anyone reccomend me a cheap Mac? Preferably one that still gets updates ect. I’d buy second hand or refurbished too so please do reccomend some older models..thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's no such thing as cheap Macs I'm afraid. But check out the Apple refurb store. Stock updates daily, so keep checking it. It's a good option if you can afford it as you get a 1 year warranty.

https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/refurbished/mac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

If you're willing to buy off eBay, the best budget MacBook Pro going is the mid 2012 Core i5 model. Still supported on the latest MacOS Mojave and a solid, upgradable machine.

Advertisement