Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Agent Issues - Help please

• 03-12-2018 10:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Guys I have Googled and I can't figure where to go to with this.
    We booked flights to the US with Mytrip.com ... I did check reviews but they seemed OK ... anyways, long story short, I have been trying to contact them since I booked but the only response I am getting from Facebook DM is saying to contact Customer Services - I have sent 2 requests early last week and still no response.
    The issue is we are travelling with kids with Special needs, also they have our surnames / first names in reverse on the confirmation (from Googleing I see others saying they did the same on other bookings).
    I contacted Air Canada whom have helped me as much as they can but I need to add bags etc and to be honest I have no trust in Mytrip at all now ... where can I complain?? I googled and I'm even thinking now going through my credit card and see if I can get the flights refunded and book direct with Air Canada ... lesson well and truely learnt not to go through an agent :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Normally when flying to America or Canada you have a good bag allowance. 23kg each. Did you get a confirmation number so you can access itinerary through airlines website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

mad m wrote: »
    Normally when flying to America or Canada you have a good bag allowance. 23kg each. Did you get a confirmation number so you can access itinerary through airlines website?

Hi,
    We booked without bags as we will be travelling light and don't need a bag each - we intended to add just 2 bags on then instead of paying for ones we wouldn't use included in the more expensive ticket price.

Meant to say that yes we have a Confirmation number and can see our tickets on the Air Canada site but cannot make changes or add bags there. I called Air Canada and they tell me I have to go through the Agent ... but no response from MyTrip ... we booked on 23rd November so almost 2 weeks ago ... I'm really not happy with MyTrip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

What's the point in going through your cc ? They have provided you with what you purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

What's the point in going through your cc ? They have provided you with what you purchased.

I thought the fact that they have provided tickets in the wrong names i.e Only John, Only Mike, Only Ann rather than John Only, Mike Only and Ann Only it may be an option (so not what we purchased).... could be totally wrong but looking at all options to fix this ... Apparently now I read more this is a regular occurrence with them getting names backwards on tickets.
    Anyways, I just checked and tickets were actually paid by Debit card so thats not an option I think .....

Advertisement