If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55 C8 OLED

Options
  • 03-12-2018 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi there.
    Am very interested in replacing my beloved Panasonic VT50 (which I got from you in 2012) with the LG 55'' C8 OLED.  This looks like a stunning TV and a worthy successor to the Plasma flagship from 6 years ago which has served me very well.
    What's the availability and best price for delivery to Dublin?
    And what's the time to deliver after ordering?

Cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

fozz wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Am very interested in replacing my beloved Panasonic VT50 (which I got from you in 2012) with the LG 55'' C8 OLED.  This looks like a stunning TV and a worthy successor to the Plasma flagship from 6 years ago which has served me very well.
    What's the availability and best price for delivery to Dublin?
    And what's the time to deliver after ordering?

Cheers!
    Hi fozz,

The OLED55C8 is an incredible TV and definitely the only option if you're replacing a plasma.

The best price would actually be our Euro price at the moment at 1699 including shipping. I have stock ready to ship from our main warehouse and delivery usually takes 3-5 working days.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203216-lg-oled55c8pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with this.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

Hi David.
    1699 inc. shipping is a very good price.
    My issue is there's only someone home of a Friday generally to collect so how can we arrange for delivery to occur then?
    I want to avoid the nitemare of it showing up without anyone home to collect it and I live in an apartment so need it to be taken up the lift and left in the apartment (it would be my wife at home so she can't lift it in on her lonesome!).

Can you advise on that please?

Cheers.
    Ciaran.

Hi David.
    1699 inc. shipping is a very good price.
    My issue is there's only someone home of a Friday generally to collect so how can we arrange for delivery to occur then?
    I want to avoid the nitemare of it showing up without anyone home to collect it and I live in an apartment so need it to be taken up the lift and left in the apartment (it would be my wife at home so she can't lift it in on her lonesome!).

Can you advise on that please?

Cheers.
    Ciaran.
    Hi fozz,

If you were to order that today I could arrange shipping for Friday for you.

The courier will usually just drop it off for you, you can ask if the driver can help bring it up in the lift when he's there?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi David.
    Just talked to the wife and she is only home Friday until about lunch - do you have any control on your delivery time?
    If we can guarantee a morning delivery then I am happy to proceed.
    Cheers!
    Ciaran.

Hi David.
    Just talked to the wife and she is only home Friday until about lunch - do you have any control on your delivery time?
    If we can guarantee a morning delivery then I am happy to proceed.
    Cheers!
    Ciaran.
    Hi Ciaran,

I can't guarantee a delivery time, it depends where you are on the Drivers run however they will usually phone you with an ETA.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

OK, cheers but I can't take the risk as there'll be nobody home all afternoon.

Do you deliver on a Saturday?

Cheers,
    Ciaran.

OK, cheers but I can't take the risk as there'll be nobody home all afternoon.

Do you deliver on a Saturday?

Cheers,
    Ciaran.
    Hi Ciaran,

I can check and see if a Saturday delivery is possible but you're usually looking upwards of £40 for Saturday delivery as our deliveries are Monday - Friday 9am-5pm.

Kind regards

David

OK, cheers for that but how would Thursday suit?
    If I can arrange to work from home and ordered the TV today, could you guarantee a Thursday delivery?  I'd be there all day so the delivery time would be irrelevant.
    Please advise and I'll see what I can arrange with work for Thursday.
    Cheers!
    Ciaran.

Update - confirmed I will be home all day Thursday so if you can assure me of a delivery then, I'll pull the trigger.
    Cheers!
    Ciaran.

OK, cheers for that but how would Thursday suit?
    If I can arrange to work from home and ordered the TV today, could you guarantee a Thursday delivery?  I'd be there all day so the delivery time would be irrelevant.
    Please advise and I'll see what I can arrange with work for Thursday.
    Cheers!
    Ciaran.

Update - confirmed I will be home all day Thursday so if you can assure me of a delivery then, I'll pull the trigger.
    Cheers!
    Ciaran.
    Hi Ciaran,

Our deliveries into Dublin city are usually next day so if you're based in Dublin and order today I can have it shipped tomorrow and it should be out for delivery with you on Thursday.

Kind regards

David

Sounds good.
    I'm happy to order straight away.
    Will I just go onto the site and process it there?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Sounds good.
    I'm happy to order straight away.
    Will I just go onto the site and process it there?
    Cheers.
    Hi fozz,

You can process the order online or if you PM me your contact number I can process it over the phone.

Kind regards

David

Cheers David, order put into the website there so we are GO!

Regards,
    Ciaran

Cheers David, order put into the website there so we are GO!

Regards,
    Ciaran
    Thanks for the order Ciaran!!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...We have primed the couriers to confirm Thurs delivery..

...all sorted, 

..What could possibly go wrong :)

Thanks for the Biz Fozz - much appreciated,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

...all sorted, 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Glad to hear it!
    I'll try not to think about what could go wrong...

Roll on Thursday :)

...all sorted, 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Glad to hear it!
    I'll try not to think about what could go wrong...

Roll on Thursday :)
    No problem Fozz.

Let us know when you are up and running and what you think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just dropping a post her as it's C8 related ;)

Received the TV this morning, it's replacing a high end Samsung LED on my wall.
    I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this set, it is hands down the best PQ I've seen.
    Easy set up, and now that I'm back with LG a much better picture calibration menu and ISF settings than the previous Sammy.

To Kenny, John and the crew at RS...
    Thanks for the service, excellent as always :)
    I am sitting her looking at just the gallery feature at the moment and smiling like a 6y.o at Xmas :D

banie01 wrote: »
    Just dropping a post her as it's C8 related ;)

Received the TV this morning, it's replacing a high end Samsung LED on my wall.
    I am absolutely blown away by the quality of this set, it is hands down the best PQ I've seen.
    Easy set up, and now that I'm back with LG a much better picture calibration menu and ISF settings than the previous Sammy.

To Kenny, John and the crew at RS...
    Thanks for the service, excellent as always :)
    I am sitting her looking at just the gallery feature at the moment and smiling like a 6y.o at Xmas :D
    Hey Banie01.

Thanks for letting us know how much you are enjoying the new set.

They really are something else.
    I have the B6 and I tempted to get my the 8 for Christmas :D

TV up and running and is stellar.
    Love my VT50 Plasma but this is a step up.  Just can't find any flaws with the image and the 4k HDR youtube stuff is jaw-dropping.
    1080p movies also look amazing so it's not like that lower def content is obsolete, as the TV does an amazing job with those - the colours pop, blacks are inky and motion etc is amazing.

I'll have more time on Sunday to really dig in with sports etc. but so far, so amazing.

Cheers lads for the delivery - the guy was friendly and helpful and took the TV in t the lift, was easy from there for me.

TV up and running and is stellar.
    Love my VT50 Plasma but this is a step up.  Just can't find any flaws with the image and the 4k HDR youtube stuff is jaw-dropping.
    1080p movies also look amazing so it's not like that lower def content is obsolete, as the TV does an amazing job with those - the colours pop, blacks are inky and motion etc is amazing.

I'll have more time on Sunday to really dig in with sports etc. but so far, so amazing.

Cheers lads for the delivery - the guy was friendly and helpful and took the TV in t the lift, was easy from there for me.
    Hi Fozz,

Glad you got sorted and delighted to hear you're happy with the TV!

Let me know if you need anything else!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.