Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now TV box

Options
  • 03-12-2018 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I got a Now TV box because I believed that I could buy an access pass whenever it suited me. I have been in hospital since beginning of November. Yesterday I signed into my bank account only to discover that they had taken money when my pass had expired! I did not sign any agreement to this and it's not the first time this has happened... I really wish I could keep my cash in a box under my bed! Banks will give your money to anyone who asks as long as they have your card number but if you don't have a bank account you are screwed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Isn't NOW TV always on a rolling 30day subscription? Mine's a UK sub, but I doubt it's much different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭JohnC.

They do auto-renew unless cancelled. It's all over the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trishabon

JohnC. wrote: »
    They do auto-renew unless cancelled. It's all over the website.

I did contact them once before and asked them not to. I have lost a month of viewing, still in hospital until the end of the week and while 15€ is not a large amount of money, it is when there has been no income for a month and you were planning to spend it on food!
    I am just pissed off cos it's advertised as a pay as you go thing. But sure it's controlled by Sky so I shouldn't be surprised... Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The one and seven day Sky Sports passes are non-renewing, I think everything else renews automatically. You cancel as soon as the last payment is taken and they cut you off when the next payment would have been due.

Advertisement