Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - not taking Calls or Emails and Chat closed?

Options
  • 03-12-2018 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi
    It seems it's not possible to talk to anyone in Eir anymore. I've been on hold on their 1901 number for 40 minutes.
    Their 'Email Us' Option is closed. The Chat is Unavailable. The Boards Forum has been closed since November.
    There is literally NO WAY to communicate with Eir as a Customer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tracy responded in the Eir forum a while ago. That closed on Friday the 30th, for the weekend, which it always does. Their CS on the phone is appalling at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I had an issue with Eir recently and was getting no where with Chat, Talk to or Customer Service so I emailed the CEO, the next day I got speaking to a very help person in complaints who solved my issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Like eave them ASAP their customer care is abysmal,really piss poor

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

whiterebel wrote: »
    Tracy responded in the Eir forum a while ago. That closed on Friday the 30th, for the weekend, which it always does. Their CS on the phone is appalling at the moment.
    The majority of responses on the Boards Forum are copy and paste responses and utterly useless. They are usually
    a) PM me your account details incl your mothers maiden name
    b)We are sorry but we cannot deal with your query here. Please dial 1901(and this after the poster had told Tracey that they had spent hours on numerous days previously on hold only to be cut off)
    c) contact our chat line (Again another useless exercise as the chat line will tell you that they cannot help you and tell you to ring 1901)
    d0 We are sorry that you are experiencing long delay in contacting Éir etc. etc. The whole exercise is totally fruitless. The best thing that happened recently was that the Éir forum on boards was closed as it was/is serving no purpose whatever similar to their so called "helpline" on 1901 and their "chat to".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

amcalester wrote: »
    I had an issue with Eir recently and was getting no where with Chat, Talk to or Customer Service so I emailed the CEO, the next day I got speaking to a very help person in complaints who solved my issue.
    Can you post the CEO's email address. It may be helpful to all and will give another avenue to vent our utter disappointment at their lack of customer care
    Please disregard as I just found it It is easily found on Google.
    carolan.lennon@eir.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Emmersonn wrote: »
    Can you post the CEO's email address. It may be helpful to all and will give another avenue to vent our utter disappointment at their lack of customer care
    Please disregard as I just found it It is easily found on Google.
    carolan.lennon@eir.ie

That’s the one, like you I just googled it but I can comfirm that it works.

I’d spent hours on hold, been into the shop, tried the chat and the Talk to forum here and kept getting a computer says no answer.

One email to the CEO and a short conversation with a person in complains and I got pretty much what I had asked for initially.

Turns out the computer could say yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Eir's service seems extremely poor - this starts at the top though, it's not the fault of service agents who get the brunt of the frustration.

I don't get why people have a problem with the response "private message your account details" though. The advisor cannot know what the issue is until they see the account. And they can't discuss the account publicly.

What I don't get is people posting a query or complaint publicly when it's going to have to be done privately anyway, and it's not like the advisor is gonna have a clue who they are.

Advertisement