Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time teaching 6th Year History - What should I have covered by the Mocks?

Options
  • 03-12-2018 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

This year is my first year teaching Leaving Cert History to a group of 6th Years. They covered all of Soverignity and Partition and Dictatorship and Democracy last year with another teacher. So far this year, I have covered all three case studys, almost wrapped up the research projects and have started USA and the Wider World (We're about a 1/3rd of the way through that book I would estimate). I'm just a bit concerned about having enough covered for the Mocks in February. What's everyone elses progress like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

You are absolutly flying it if thats what you have covered. Essentially you need three topics (2 European/world and 1 Irish) covered. The Document question is prescribed and is Government, Economy and society in the Republic.

I am usually about 1/2 way through my final topic with them by the time of the mocks. No teacher will have course completed by time of mocks. Only section I help them with in regards to questions asked in the mocks is the section they have only half done by that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

You are absolutly flying it if thats what you have covered. Essentially you need three topics (2 European/world and 1 Irish) covered. The Document question is prescribed and is Government, Economy and society in the Republic.

I am usually about 1/2 way through my final topic with them by the time of the mocks. No teacher will have course completed by time of mocks. Only section I help them with in regards to questions asked in the mocks is the section they have only half done by that stage.

Okay, great. Glad to hear I'm on track. So is it basically just the case that students will have to work with limited essay question options for the USA and the Wider World essay section (or whatever your final topic is)?

And also, so from what you're saying, do you just leave them to revise the final topic before the mocks and leave the rest up to them to revise on their own?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement