Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Joy Con Controllers

• 03-12-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all, my son has the nintendo switch and the joy con controller(s) are brutal. I remember reading somewhere there was an issue with them (or the blue one) originally so is it worth my while to buy new controllers now or can i expect to see the same issues? I am not spending €80/90 if he will have the same problem.

Appreciate the help. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll help the mods out by moving this to the Nintendo forum. :)

What do you mean by "brutal"? Are they broken? Drifting? Or do you just not like the size or how they feel in your hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

Mr E wrote: »
    I'll help the mods out by moving this to the Nintendo forum. :)

What do you mean by "brutal"? Are they broken? Drifting? Or do you just not like the size or how they feel in your hands?

Thanks Mr E appreciated.

I should elaborate. I dont play the switch except when my son wants to play 2 player minecraft when he uses the pro controller.
    I cant control the movement as, it appears, the left controller has a mind of its own and seems stuck in constant circling mode. It keeps moving without the toggle being touched. I have resynced and sometimes this helps for a short while.

I was just wondering if the same thing would happen with a new joy con controller or was this issue fixed, or should i by a new left+right set?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a known issue on early models. I don't think it's an issue on store-bought joy cons.

Read this post and the 7 or 8 posts that follow it:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108721798#post108721798

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

Mr E wrote: »
    It's a known issue on early models. I don't think it's an issue on store-bought joy cons.

Read this post and the 7 or 8 posts that follow it:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108721798#post108721798

thanks Mr E.

Advertisement