Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cancel Account

• 03-12-2018 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hello

I have been trying to get through to your customer service on 1901 for the past week to close my account
    Can you please advise what i can to to close my account

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Hello

I have been trying to get through to your customer service on 1901 for the past week to close my account

Thanks
    Hi roverjoyce, 

I'm sorry to hear this, they are experiencing a high volume of calls and is causing long delays in getting through. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to close accounts from here, you can view all details on cancellations here

Thanks

Tracey 

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

roverjoyce wrote: »
    Hello

Thanks
    Hi there, I rang just after 1pm today and was only on hold for a couple of minutes (I was expecting a lot longer from all I've read on boards). Spoke to a nice girl and all was done and dusted very quickly. Not sure if I just got lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Hi,

When I ring it says I can cancel online. Do you have a link to this page? 

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭RobiePAX

h2005 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Online you can find information or talk to Eir online agents. But only over the phone you can cancel your service. You will have to give them 30 days notice.

If you are switching provider, then the new provider can cancel your eir account automatically. This way you can avoid 30 days notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

h2005 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Hi h2005, 

RobiePAX is correct here with this information, a cancellation has to be processed over the phone via a 1901 customer care agent. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement
Advertisement