Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue with Eir Vision Go

• 03-12-2018 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi, I'm having some issues with my telly at the moment so started to use Eir Vision Go on my phone last Friday. I wanted to use my laptop to use it yesterday and logged in on Chrome to be told that browser wasn't compatible with the service.

So I then logged into Firefox to see if that would work. When I did that it told me that the device I was using wasn't registered even though it was the same laptop I had logged in on Chrome with. Anyway, I deleted the icon that it said was registered and clicked to add it again. When I went to get the screen up, I was told that I needed to install Microsoft Silverlight for the app to work. I did this but every time I tried to load a programme a got the same message telling me to install Microsoft Silverlight.

So I decided I'd try Internet Explorer and see if that would work. When I logged in there I got the same message as I got when I logged into Firefox first time telling me that my device wasn't registered! Same device as both previous log ins but clearly the service reads a log in from a different browser as being a different device. Anyway, I deleted the device again but when I went to re-add it, was then told that I could not do any more device swaps as I'd used my one swap this month and to try again next month! So I can't log onto it on the laptop at all now to even check if it might finally work on Internet Explorer!

I then got onto chat service to be told that they couldn't help me and that l needed to ring 1890 260 260 to get it sorted. Did that and spent the next 5 minutes pressing button after button before being told by an automated voice that customer care was now closed.

Can you please get back to me and sort this out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Big Game wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having some issues with my telly at the moment so started to use Eir Vision Go on my phone last Friday. I wanted to use my laptop to use it yesterday and logged in on Chrome to be told that browser wasn't compatible with the service.

So I then logged into Firefox to see if that would work. When I did that it told me that the device I was using wasn't registered even though it was the same laptop I had logged in on Chrome with. Anyway, I deleted the icon that it said was registered and clicked to add it again. When I went to get the screen up, I was told that I needed to install Microsoft Silverlight for the app to work. I did this but every time I tried to load a programme a got the same message telling me to install Microsoft Silverlight.

So I decided I'd try Internet Explorer and see if that would work. When I logged in there I got the same message as I got when I logged into Firefox first time telling me that my device wasn't registered! Same device as both previous log ins but clearly the service reads a log in from a different browser as being a different device. Anyway, I deleted the device again but when I went to re-add it, was then told that I could not do any more device swaps as I'd used my one swap this month and to try again next month! So I can't log onto it on the laptop at all now to even check if it might finally work on Internet Explorer!

I then got onto chat service to be told that they couldn't help me and that l needed to ring 1890 260 260 to get it sorted. Did that and spent the next 5 minutes pressing button after button before being told by an automated voice that customer care was now closed.

Hi Big Game, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to investigate support issues from here, the support team would need to troubleshoot with you directly to identify the issue to resolve it. 

The support team are open 24/7 on 1890 260 160 so I'm not sure why you got a message advising they were closed. Apologies for this. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Hi Big Game, 

Unfortunately, we are unable to investigate support issues from here, the support team would need to troubleshoot with you directly to identify the issue to resolve it. 

The support team are open 24/7 on 1890 260 160 so I'm not sure why you got a message advising they were closed. Apologies for this. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

That's strange, I've had an automated message about 4 minutes into my call (still haven't spoken to anyone) saying that Tech Support is only available from 8am to 10pm from December 3rd. I definitely got told that customer care was closed yesterday at around 5pm. 

After half an hour talking to a rep, I'm no further to having my problem solved. He able to de-register my laptop so I could re-add it but every time I log out and log back in it thinks my laptop is a new device and this also happens every time I log in on another browser.

The recommended browsers on Eir's Vision Go website are Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer yet apparently there's a known issue with the SIlverlight plus in on Firefox and Safari and every time I try to play a programme on Internet Explorer (which I'm told should be working), I'm getting an "error message 3222" which is preventing anything from playing. Tech support has told me that isn't their problem as it's a browser issue and they can't do anything about it.

The Android app is working but the PC version is clearly not fit for purpose. Yet more issues with Eir's service offering, been a customer since February and it's beyond laughable at this stage. Never experienced anything like it when it comes to shoddy technology and shoddy customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Big Game, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

That's strange, I've had an automated message about 4 minutes into my call (still haven't spoken to anyone) saying that Tech Support is only available from 8am to 10pm from December 3rd. I definitely got told that customer care was closed yesterday at around 5pm. 

After half an hour talking to a rep, I'm no further to having my problem solved. He able to de-register my laptop so I could re-add it but every time I log out and log back in it thinks my laptop is a new device and this also happens every time I log in on another browser.

The recommended browsers on Eir's Vision Go website are Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer yet apparently there's a known issue with the SIlverlight plus in on Firefox and Safari and every time I try to play a programme on Internet Explorer (which I'm told should be working), I'm getting an "error message 3222" which is preventing anything from playing. Tech support has told me that isn't their problem as it's a browser issue and they can't do anything about it.

The Android app is working but the PC version is clearly not fit for purpose. Yet more issues with Eir's service offering, been a customer since February and it's beyond laughable at this stage. Never experienced anything like it when it comes to shoddy technology and shoddy customer service.
    Apologies for the confusion here, the technical support team have changed their hours to 8am-10pm from yesterday the 3rd. 

I can understand your frustrations here, however, our support team will need to assist you directly. They are the dedicated team for these issues.  

Apologies again. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement