Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new car [MS related]

Options
  • 03-12-2018 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm looking into buying a new car (shared between my wife and I) and trying to see what support and assistance I might be able to avail of.
    While I do have MS, I'm not expecting to immediately require a modified car (though that may change sooner rather than later so it's worth looking into now)
    Can anyone here recommend some course of action?
    Loving any gadget or gizmo as I do, I was looking into getting an electric car and if I go down that road (no pun intended) it would immediately remove the VRT. but VAT would still be present.

I'm finding myself a little overwhelmed though I'm still going through Citizen's Information and Revenue sites so any anecdotes or suggestions you can offer would be very welcome.
    Apologies for the vague question and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

The Irish wheelchair association offer an on road assessment with a qualified occupational.therapist who can then give you tailored advice

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I was diagnosed in 2001 and still drive an unadapted car.Are you thinking in terms of automatic or hand controls?

Advertisement