Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long does the EIR need for installation assembly in the 21st century?

• 03-12-2018 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Back in March 2018 I have made order  fibre broadband
    I have received a confirmation of such order on 4th April, reference no.3*********CH. After few days Technician called in to proceed with an installation of the service. Following few hours of work, it turned out there is a minor issue with connectivity from main street into an estate, which would require additional visit from different crew. Technician informed me that someone will call in within a week. This has not happened and so I have phoned in to inquire on the status of an order two weeks after technician's visit. I was informed by customer service that additional work in my area is scheduled and shall be performed up until 11th May 2018.

Unfortunately this has not taken place. After some time I have queried with Eir about the order status. I was baffled to hear that my order was cancelled. I have not received any information as to why. When I pressed for the reason of cancellation, customer service representative has put me on hold never to return.

Fast forward several months I has made new order under same address (order no. 28******50 ) . Installation date was set for 30/11/2018 and indeed technician from KN Group has arrived at 8am. After initial chat they went about their business to install the fibre. However installation was again unsuccessful. I was told that some other crew needs to do some additional work and it will take week or so.

Eight months passed. How long does the EIR need for installation assembly in the 21st century?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

cancer3 wrote: »
    Back in March 2018 I have made order  fibre broadband
    I have received a confirmation of such order on 4th April, reference no.3*********CH. After few days Technician called in to proceed with an installation of the service. Following few hours of work, it turned out there is a minor issue with connectivity from main street into an estate, which would require additional visit from different crew. Technician informed me that someone will call in within a week. This has not happened and so I have phoned in to inquire on the status of an order two weeks after technician's visit. I was informed by customer service that additional work in my area is scheduled and shall be performed up until 11th May 2018.

Unfortunately this has not taken place. After some time I have queried with Eir about the order status. I was baffled to hear that my order was cancelled. I have not received any information as to why. When I pressed for the reason of cancellation, customer service representative has put me on hold never to return.

Fast forward several months I has made new order under same address (order no. 28******50 ) . Installation date was set for 30/11/2018 and indeed technician from KN Group has arrived at 8am. After initial chat they went about their business to install the fibre. However installation was again unsuccessful. I was told that some other crew needs to do some additional work and it will take week or so.

Eight months passed. How long does the EIR need for installation assembly in the 21st century?
    Hi cancer3, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account/order number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cancer3

Hello Tracey,

I sent you this data via Private Message. Thank you for your help. The issue that your company has is your sub-contractor  KN Group. KN Group have been destroying the image of the EIR for a long time. When will your company notice that KN Group is actively working against EIR?

KN Group technicians are fine when installation is about joining two cables and switching the thing on. However when there is a smallest departure from standard procedure, they walk away. On my personal example - there was an issue with pushing fibre cable a bit further (from street to my house - maximum of 10 metres). Lovely technician from KN Group has not even bothered to bend his back to look inside of the drains. They glanced on the drain, spent 10 minutes on the phone, spent another 10 minutes sitting in a car and after that they came back to me saying nothing can be done. I have no doubt they billed EIR for the installation whilst not doing a single thing.

I recomend looking on the web what customers are saying about KN Group. Not one I found that would be happy with their service. This is impacting on the EIR as customers are joining KN Group's performance with yours. So perhaps it is a time to do something about it.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello Tracey,

I sent you this data via Private Message. Thank you for your help. The issue that your company has is your sub-contractor  KN Group. KN Group have been destroying the image of the EIR for a long time. When will your company notice that KN Group is actively working against EIR?

KN Group technicians are fine when installation is about joining two cables and switching the thing on. However when there is a smallest departure from standard procedure, they walk away. On my personal example - there was an issue with pushing fibre cable a bit further (from street to my house - maximum of 10 metres). Lovely technician from KN Group has not even bothered to bend his back to look inside of the drains. They glanced on the drain, spent 10 minutes on the phone, spent another 10 minutes sitting in a car and after that they came back to me saying nothing can be done. I have no doubt they billed EIR for the installation whilst not doing a single thing.

I recomend looking on the web what customers are saying about KN Group. Not one I found that would be happy with their service. This is impacting on the EIR as customers are joining KN Group's performance with yours. So perhaps it is a time to do something about it.

Regards
    Thanks, I'll come back to your PM soon. 

I understand your concerns, I'll be sure to pass this feedback on. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Hello Tracey,

Regards
    If there is a problem with ducting or possible cabling on main road where licenses may be required, then KN might not be in position to complete this work as it could be directly responsibility of Open Eir.

If there is a problem with ducting or possible cabling on main road where licenses may be required, then KN might not be in position to complete this work as it could be directly responsibility of Open Eir.
    It is not a problem with ducting/cabling of the main road. Fibre cable is at the street level going into my estate. It is a matter of pushing cable into my box, which is NOT main road but estate. So it it not a matter of licensing.

It is solely the matter of KN Group not meeting their responsibilities as sub contractor. Technician comes in, states follow up crew will arrive next day. Day passes, week, month and still no follow up crew in sight. Finally after 6 months I hear that my order was cancelled. By whom? I have never cancelled anything.

And on the matter of licencing my town streets are notorously being dug in by every company imaginable including Eir/KN Group). So it clearly is not an issue and I would appreciate if you could refrain from posting off topic in my subject.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Regards
    My post was not off topic, it was reference to the many challenges customers face (which also you face) in terms of securing a connection. Quite often there would be circumstances where customers could be waiting for service due to ducting, cabling, pole erection, licensing issues, planning approval......the list goes on and is fairly substantial. Yes there can also be poor staff who may not have customer service skills, they are technicians to be fair.

In terms of your order being cancelled, this can occur due to delays in fulfillment, customer not available, product unavailability, lack of rescheduling installation appointment.........

However if you don't wish for a bit of guidance into some of the challenges being faced in delivery of service, then np ill leave it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

KN are not contracted by eir but by OpenEir (the wholesale company) that own and are in charge of the infrastructure in Ireland
    Eir make a request to OE for a connection and it is then up to OE to make the connection
    Eir retail are just a reseller same as Vodafone, Sky etc.
    Anything beyond a tech "pulling" cable from the local chamber to the house is then the responsibility of the civils dept - which may require licencing from the council for access (if duct access is required for replacement etc)
    Generally a big problem in new estates where only a small amount of cabling is brought in to start servicing houses. If that is the case then a year plus for connection is normal

fritzelly wrote: »
    KN are not contracted by eir but by OpenEir (the wholesale company) that own and are in charge of the infrastructure in Ireland
    Eir make a request to OE for a connection and it is then up to OE to make the connection
    Eir retail are just a reseller same as Vodafone, Sky etc.
    Anything beyond a tech "pulling" cable from the local chamber to the house is then the responsibility of the civils dept - which may require licencing from the council for access (if duct access is required for replacement etc)
    Generally a big problem in new estates where only a small amount of cabling is brought in to start servicing houses. If that is the case then a year plus for connection is normal
    For over 1.5 years Eir website claims that fibre broadband is available at my address/line. If there were any licensing issues, it would not say register address/line as valid.

First technician that came into my house (c. year ago) said that there is an issue with pushing cable from drains into house due to drains having too much concrete or something along that line. So there was a need for 'heavier equipped' crew to literally spent 5 minutes and clear the drains to allow for cable to be pushed through. Now this crew has never arrived. Instead order was cancelled after some time, without even notifying me of such.

Now I have ordered a new fibre last week. Technician came last Friday and said that drains are flooded and that installation won't take place until additional crew comes in and clears it. This is getting a bit riddiculous we are talking about two bucketfuls of water here.

All this is pretty simple. Technicians from KN Group are not interested in doing work if there is even smallest challenge.

What is most important to me is that I am party in this situation yet nobody is bothering to inform me of anything. It feels that I am cash cow to Eir and am treated as such. Perfect example of such attitude is that I have tried calling Eir today. I was put on hold for over an hour at which point I managed to connect to customer service representative who told me he needs to transfer me to different department where I spent another hour on hold until call abruptly ended. This is an utter joke, I do not know any other company that allows for such mistreatment of their customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The claim of available and actually been possible are two different things, blame OE. Would be the same problem regardless of who you signed up with

Advertisement