Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early upgrade

Options
  • 03-12-2018 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

hi my contract is up soon is there a chance of an early upgrade ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Depends on your definition of soon, If it's 3 or less months left then yes you should be eligible for early upgrade for your mobile which you can get from any Eir or Carphone Warehouse store. Unfortunately I wouldn't advise doing it over the phone, as queue times are a bit.... long at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭manutd2007

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Depends on your definition of soon, If it's 3 or less months left then yes you should be eligible for early upgrade for your mobile which you can get from any Eir or Carphone Warehouse store. Unfortunately I wouldn't advise doing it over the phone, as queue times are a bit.... long at the moment.
    its less than 3 months alright can someone from eir message me here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

manutd2007 wrote: »
    Hi manutd2007, 

RobiePAX is correct with the information above. If you have less than 3 months left on your contract then you should be able to upgrade. If you call into your local eir store they will be able to arrange this for you and advise you on all. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi manutd2007, 

RobiePAX is correct with the information above. If you have less than 3 months left on your contract then you should be able to upgrade. If you call into your local eir store they will be able to arrange this for you and advise you on all. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    would i need anything with me to bring to the shop 

Driving License or Passport :)

• Advertisement

thats the thing i dont drive and cant find the passport :) unreal i know, would they give it without these 

Sorry for delay responding, I had to login to my work email to check this for you. It's fine if you can't find the ID. In your case you can bring your Eir bill. That's all we need to give you eir upgrade in Carphone Warehouse. I imagine actual eir stores follow the same requirements as we do.

Samsung A9 is probably the best deal on Eir right now. Crazy specs for the cheapest plan.

Cheers :)

thats the thing i dont drive and cant find the passport :) unreal i know, would they give it without these 
    Your eir bill with all account details on it should be enough for them to process this manutd2007. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Your eir bill with all account details on it should be enough for them to process this manutd2007. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    thats good thanks, i am looking at the mate 10 pro so that will be 399 in total in shop too ?

just an update on the new disaster from EIR, i rang around a few shops asking did they have a mate 20 pro in stock telling them i wanted an early upgrade they said there was one in Drogheda, drove up to the shop and waited about 20 mins to be told I would have to wait until my contract is up even tho 3 people had told me I didn't, I was raging after this and just left, I seen a carphone warehouse up in Drogheda too i thought id chance it and see, everything was going fine until they checked on the system and told me my contract wasn't up until may MAY, what kind of a company is this after all the trouble ive had i thought this would be easy. i didn't want to leave Drogheda without a phone so i rang eir but the absolute diaster of answering machine system  they have you'd be 1 hour just to talk to someone if your very very lucky, i will be filing a complaint to ComReg about this and canceling my contract in FEBRUARY and my phone and broadband.

• Advertisement

also every time i ask eir to do something they say a bloody problem has come up something is showing on my account for an appointment for openeir I HAVE CANCELLED THIS YEARS AGO AND HAVE CANCELLED IT SEVERAL TIMES SINCE some please remove it thanks..

I am sad to hear that you went through so much trouble. Normally what I said previously is correct. If you have 3 months left on your contract then you should be eligible for early upgrade. It's possible you confused early upgrade date as end of contract date.

I work for Carphone Warehouse, if you need information if a specific branch has a phone you interested in, in stock then you can PM me I can check that for you.

I am sad to hear that you went through so much trouble. Normally what I said previously is correct. If you have 3 months left on your contract then you should be eligible for early upgrade. It's possible you confused early upgrade date as end of contract date.

I work for Carphone Warehouse, if you need information if a specific branch has a phone you interested in, in stock then you can PM me I can check that for you.
    i got my phone on the 8th feb 2017 i assume its a 24 month contract when i click check for upgrade it says the 8th feb 2019, i know my fibre and phone contract is up in may for some reason in your shop it said may for my mobile i dont know why, i was interested in the mate 20 pro is there a way i can do this online or does it have to be a shop 

i wonder could someone from eir contact me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Navan Ladies HC

My contract was up at the end of November and I phoned them with maybe 3 weeks left on my contract as my current phone had completely given up on life. I was told by 2/3 different departments that early upgrades were a thing and to speak to the Loyalty team. 
    Then, once I finally got through to someone from Loyalty, I was told that early upgrades are no longer offered. I explained that I had spoken to someone online, on twitter and sales and customer service and they had all told me that early upgrades are possible. But the girl from Loyalty said the only department that can decide on whether early upgrades are offered are the Loyalty team and apparently they stopped that promotion a couple of months ago........

I have since cancelled because a) no early upgrade and b) thye didn't stock the phone I wanted.

My contract was up at the end of November and I phoned them with maybe 3 weeks left on my contract as my current phone had completely given up on life. I was told by 2/3 different departments that early upgrades were a thing and to speak to the Loyalty team. 
    Then, once I finally got through to someone from Loyalty, I was told that early upgrades are no longer offered. I explained that I had spoken to someone online, on twitter and sales and customer service and they had all told me that early upgrades are possible. But the girl from Loyalty said the only department that can decide on whether early upgrades are offered are the Loyalty team and apparently they stopped that promotion a couple of months ago........

I have since cancelled because a) no early upgrade and b) thye didn't stock the phone I wanted.
    thanks for the reply, yes same story for me was on chat with a few people says no problem, rang loyalty they said no problem, on here to a couple one from eir and carphone warehouse said should be fine, ended up driving 40 mins there to be told no baffled me,have to be the worst run company in the world at the minute absolutely incompetent, nobody seems to have an ounce of common sense anymore, in fairness the ladies in carphone in Drogheda were great it was probably eirs fault with the wrong bloody date my contracts over on their system, don't know what to do now I'm 50/50 about canceling the whole lot when its up.

just an update on the new disaster from EIR, i rang around a few shops asking did they have a mate 20 pro in stock telling them i wanted an early upgrade they said there was one in Drogheda, drove up to the shop and waited about 20 mins to be told I would have to wait until my contract is up even tho 3 people had told me I didn't, I was raging after this and just left, I seen a carphone warehouse up in Drogheda too i thought id chance it and see, everything was going fine until they checked on the system and told me my contract wasn't up until may MAY, what kind of a company is this after all the trouble ive had i thought this would be easy. i didn't want to leave Drogheda without a phone so i rang eir but the absolute diaster of answering machine system  they have you'd be 1 hour just to talk to someone if your very very lucky, i will be filing a complaint to ComReg about this and canceling my contract in FEBRUARY and my phone and broadband.
    I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your upgrade, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your upgrade, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    hi Tracey did you receive my pm

Thanks 

Tracey 
    hi Tracey did you receive my pm
    I have received this and responded there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement