Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher malahide June 16th

Options
  • 03-12-2018 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

Noel Gallagher high flying birds supported by doves blossoms and dmas coming to malahide next summer. Tickets from €49.50 plus the usual charges

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Surprised Noel is back ,he couldnt sell the 3arena out in May .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Malahide was badly organised for Liam Last Year - 1 or 2 darts back and then delays lead to people walking tracks

huge ques at bars and bars closing early

busses home were a trek out of the way to get to and then took ages to get in

and not the greatest place for a gig

and generally loads of complaints in the local area after it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭CPTM

Zardoz wrote: »

He's going to keep touring everywhere to avoid getting back with Liam :D

Zardoz wrote: »

it was a poor concert compared to liams at malahide even with all the issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What a line up

Doves not toured in 9 years, dmas and blossoms two the best up and coming bands atm and noel gallagher and for under 60 quid.

Cant fault it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

I just love Doves , now they are playing 20 mins from my house !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Nowso wrote: »
    Malahide was badly organised for Liam Last Year - 1 or 2 darts back and then delays lead to people walking tracks

huge ques at bars and bars closing early

busses home were a trek out of the way to get to and then took ages to get in

and not the greatest place for a gig

and generally loads of complaints in the local area after it
    The knuckle draggers that Liam and probably his brother attract are the problem. There were no issues at the concerts attended out there by civilised people.

Peter File wrote: »
    The knuckle draggers that Liam and probably his brother attract are the problem. There were no issues at the concerts attended out there by civilised people.

the lack of bar people , the Limited toilet facilities and transport set up 3 people in the dart station - no cues just a free for all - thats the organisation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Worth it to see Doves again. Hope they play their own show as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Nowso wrote: »
    it was a poor concert compared to liams at malahide even with all the issues

I agree with you there , massive fan of them through the years. Liam was superb at malahide. Noel was brutal at the 3arena.
    Gonna hold off buying a ticket early for this one and pick up one cheaper closer to the time .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Will give this a miss. God I love Oasis, loved Noel's first two solo Albums but I'm not paying 60 quid for some bird to be playing a siccors into a mic..... Wish Noel would just go on the road with an acoustic guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

piplip87 wrote: »
    Will give this a miss. God I love Oasis, loved Noel's first two solo Albums but I'm not paying 60 quid for some bird to be playing a siccors into a mic..... Wish Noel would just go on the road with an acoustic guitar.

Doves will be worth fee alone . Amazing band !

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Tickets in the bag this morning, with the supporting bands it should be a good day out. I am a big fan of his solo stuff.... scissors and all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

exilec wrote: »
    Doves will be worth fee alone . Amazing band !

So close to getting a ticket just for them, but I'm holding off on the hope they announce their own gig over here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

No interest is seeing Gallagher but hoping Doves announce their own shows ... I'll be there in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I'm looking forward to this gig. Really enjoyed the gig in the Point last year.

Who Built the Moon was my favourite album of 2017 and I didn't take it out of the car in 2018. He's building up a decent back catalogue of his "own" material.

I would love to see him do a full acoustic set at some stage - I could listen to him sing all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Doves alone are worth it and Blossoms are really good, some excellent tunes. I like Noel as a person and he's got plenty of good tunes.
    Pity it's a Sunday though but I will be going

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paddy2012

Still don't know why people think Noels last record was some weird radical departure, just sounded like a decent Primal Scream album to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Still don't know why people think Noels last record was some weird radical departure, just sounded like a decent Primal Scream album to me.

It was attempt at something radical, it failed

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Paddy2012 wrote: »

Straying from em7 G a7sus4 must have been a huge deal to him in fairness! :)

I think the new record is very solid!
    The best solo material he's put out imo. But I take your point it's not the cosmic pop psychedelic extraganza it was made out to be!

The amorphous androgenous stuff he was going on about a few years back may have been a radical departure and from what I've heard it's utter ****e!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭FaxingBerlin

What condition are people expecting the ground to be in come Sunday? I see a bit of rain forecast for this week and two gigs on before Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What condition are people expecting the ground to be in come Sunday? I see a bit of rain forecast for this week and two gigs on before Sunday.

I was their last Friday after the week and the day of rain and the ground was solid. He very worried for Sunday after this week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Massive Oasis fan, but think I am more excited about the support bands

Was really disappointed by Noel at the 3 Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Massive Oasis fan, but think I am more excited about the support bands

Was really disappointed by Noel at the 3 Arena

It was my first time seeing Noel at the last 3arena gig so I was impressed but the setlist just isn't doing it for me for Malahide. Too much from "Who built the Moon" for my liking and "If I had a Gun" left out. Really looking forward to seeing Blossoms and Doves. I am going to Liam the week after so itll be an oasis filled week for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Any suggestions for parking?

statto25 wrote: »
    It was my first time seeing Noel at the last 3arena gig so I was impressed but the setlist just isn't doing it for me for Malahide. Too much from "Who built the Moon" for my liking and "If I had a Gun" left out. Really looking forward to seeing Blossoms and Doves. I am going to Liam the week after so itll be an oasis filled week for me!

Will be very surprised if If I Had a Gun isnt played, seems like only the last gig it was left out.

I could comfortably miss the first 6 songs of the set :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Its first come first serve for car parking on the grounds but you are probably better off getting the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Will be very surprised if If I Had a Gun isnt played, seems like only the last gig it was left out.

I could comfortably miss the first 6 songs of the set :p

Noel usually picks a setlist and doesn't deviate for the entire tour. The only exception was the hometown gig last Friday where he played 2 extra tracks including IIHAG.

statto25 wrote: »
    Noel usually picks a setlist and doesn't deviate for the entire tour. The only exception was the hometown gig last Friday where he played 2 extra tracks including IIHAG.

He played it in Norwich, Cardiff and Newcastle

Very disappointed in the lack of variety in the covers from the O2 show

• Advertisement

Pick a housing estate on the Swords side that is a 20 minute walk away and park there

Advertisement