Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I think this whole affair is nonsense. Roger Stone will be a free man soon. He has always been an enemy of the establishment because of his views about the deep state. He is a conspiracy guy who has views that I support.

Someone tipped off CNN and the FBI showed up in force, it was a PR exercise. Muller is desperate if he going after Roger Stone. There no evidence Stone worked for the Russians or took bribes.

I mean, they do seem to have a lot of evidence, particularly about obstruction.

On or about April 9, 2018, STONE wrote in an email to Person 2, “You are a rat. A stoolie. You backstab your friends-run your mouth my lawyers are dying Rip you to shreds.” STONE also said he would “take that dog away from you,” referring to Person 2’s dog. On or about the same day, STONE wrote to Person 2, “I am so ready. Let’s get it on. Prepare to die [expletive].”

On or about May 21, 2018, Person 2 wrote in an email to STONE, “You should have just been honest with the house Intel committee . . . you’ve opened yourself up to perjury charges like an idiot.” STONE responded, “You are so full of [expletive]. You got nothing. Keep running your mouth and I’ll file a bar complaint against your friend [the attorney who had the ability to contact the head of Organization 1]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I think this whole affair is nonsense. Roger Stone will be a free man soon. He has always been an enemy of the establishment because of his views about the deep state. He is a conspiracy guy who has views that I support.

Someone tipped off CNN and the FBI showed up in force, it was a PR exercise. Muller is desperate if he going after Roger Stone. There no evidence Stone worked for the Russians or took bribes.

He's been charged with numerous crimes including witness tampering. I'm pretty sure that Mueller wouldn't charge someone with serious crimes without evidence.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Looks like a deal has been done. Government shutdown over, for now, no money for he wall.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

If there was no evidence how could he be indicted? There is evidence, for multiple wrong doings. Roger Stone is cutting a deal or going to prison.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

lol what you think they were doing waiting in news van for 24 hours, hoping he be arrested on Friday. Nobody would have known the time or when it was going to happen. CNN were told to show up. CNN is putting out this to now to fool people.

lol what you think they were doing waiting in news van for 24 hours, hoping he be arrested on Friday. Nobody would have known the time or when it was going to happen. CNN were told to show up. CNN is putting out this to now to fool people.

He was indicted by the justice department. You think this was done with no evidence?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1088888030901882880?s=19

I guess he won't be listening to her show anymore....

The last few times Coulter criticed him he done a complete U-turn to please her. This will hurt him.

As for the increasingly inchorent public speeches (they weren't great to begin with) if imagine the Stone story has him ****ting bricks at this point.

Finally, CNN have been sitting on Stones house in Florida for a while now apparently. I'd imagine they're as surprised as anyone.

Oh, and one last thing. I though Stone had loads of cash. He was arrested in a modest looking gaff with a fairly bog standard, few years old Mazda 3 outside. Not as rich as he makes out to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Anyone familiar with your posts will know that your understanding of events is so wrong so consistently on such a regular basis that it's worth ignoring.

Brian? wrote: »
    If there was no evidence how could he be indicted? There is evidence, for multiple wrong doings. Roger Stone is cutting a deal or going to prison.

An indictment is an accusation of a crime. They have to prove it. These allegations have been known about for years and were never proved. It seems to be about his relationship with Wikileaks and what he learned about Hilary emails. It a crime to find out about Hilary crimes? For me, no, but it can be used against Trump.

• Advertisement

I’ve switched to Fox “news”. House minority leader Kevin McCarthy is painting it as a victory for Trump.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Really, 24 hours? Were you aware of the raid? Did Roger not notice the CNN news van outside his house during that time?

An indictment is an accusation of a crime. They have to prove it. These allegations have been known about for years and were never proved. It seems to be about his relationship with Wikileaks and what he learned about Hilary emails. It a crime to find out about Hilary crimes? For me, no, but it can be used against Trump.

An indictment requires the justice department to agree with the FBI that there is enough evidence to convict someone if it goes to trial. It’s a lot more than an accusation. Otherwise there’d be lawsuits for malicious prosecution out the ying yang.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

If there was no crime, you have to ask yourself why he threatened some-one going to testify about a nothing-burger and end up facing a charge for a crime.

Anyone familiar with your posts will know that your understanding of events is so wrong so consistently on such a regular basis that it's worth ignoring.

You guys only want to read info what makes sense to you. Reason i don't come on here often. The thread it just anti trump waffle all the time, even though I, not a Trump fan. Anyone who has a different opinion is attacked by the same hive group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Hilary emails..

You know right now, I'd say thats the *last* thing on Stone's mind. Or Trump's, for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

CNN noticed some activity around the buildingof the grand jury.

They explained that on TV.

The indictment of Stone was imminent for weeks.

I betcha there are cameras outside Don Jr's place too if you want to check.

Here's a tip. When you're only line of defence is that there were cameras there, you're grasping as straws sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You guys only want to read info what makes sense to you. Reason i don't come on here often. The thread it just anti trump waffle all the time, even though I, not a Trump fan. Anyone who has a different opinion is attacked by the same hive group.
    You're labeling this as an elaborate conspiracy against Stone by the 'Deep State'... It is a fact that everyone Mueller has gone after to date has had substantial evidence against them to the point where convicting has never been a problem. So, nope not the deep state at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Your argument doesn't make any sense, though. You'll note that others charged by Mueller have received jail time or reached plea agreements - not sure why you'd think this would be different. Mueller does not lay charges against someone without evidence of a crime being committed. You're more than entitled to have a different opinion, but you shouldn't cry when others call out your opinion as wrong. That's the nature of a public forum.

Roger Stone is on Tucker Carlson tonight at 1am Irish time. I’d love to see it.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

On the contrary, some pro trump opinions would be most welcome.

Unfortunately, those who support Trump tend to combine fiction with whataboutery rather than engage in the facts and don't tend to last here.

He has to be the most incompetent, ignorant, corrupt, petty, inarticulate buffoon ever to take the office. To be fair to anyone supporting him, that's a pretty big **** to polish...

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

The truth is that Stone and others have broken laws like this for their entire careers.

It never really mattered before but now Mueller's looking into it, he's pulling them up on all kind of the stuff they normally do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

batgoat wrote: »
    You're labeling this as an elaborate conspiracy against Stone by the 'Deep State'.

It's Cheerful!
    It's what he does, he sees things us mere mortals don't and then post about it over on the CT forum ;)

Brian? wrote: »
    An indictment requires the justice department to agree with the FBI that there is enough evidence to convict someone if it goes to trial. It’s a lot more than an accusation. Otherwise there’d be lawsuits for malicious prosecution out the ying yang.

Stone had foreknowledge Wikileaks had Hilary emails and was planning on releasing them, that part of the indictment against Stone. Like I said before this all about Hilary failure to beat Donald. They are using the Russian collusion thing to discredit Trump victory. Supposedly lied who told about the Hilary emails. He alleged to told Bannon our worked with him to help Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Roger Stones rhetoric has always been that he wouldn't flip for Mueller. However from the indictment it seems clear that the FBI have managed to crack the code of Whatsapp which Stone was using for private communications during the campaign. There is likely direct Whatsapp messages between Stone and Assange about the Clinton emails. Whatsapp is 'supposed' to be end to end encryption but from the documents released today it looks like the FBI have found a back way in. If that is the case then this is huge because I doubt Stone was the only one on Trumps campaign using Whatsapp thinking it was secure and beyond prying eyes.

It's not that, as much as you would like it to be true. This forum likes posts to be grounded in realty. It might sound excessive but it's necessary for sensible political discourse.

When someone says something like:

someone tipped off CNN and the FBI showed up

...it sounds like something which is NOT grounded in reality. The Stone indictment has been imminent for months. It's also worth understanding that while Grand Jury sessions aren't public, the people coming and going into the venue provides quite good clues.

I couldn't help but notice when I searched for the outrage over the filming that many of them are websites who spread RT such as Daily Caller and Infowars.

If you want to keep up with what's going on, I would suggest not getting your information from places like that.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Roger Stones rhetoric has always been that he wouldn't flip for Mueller. However from the indictment it seems clear that the FBI have managed to crack the code of Whatsapp which Stone was using for private communications during the campaign. There is likely direct Whatsapp messages between Stone and Assange about the Clinton emails. Whatsapp is 'supposed' to be end to end encryption but from the documents released today it looks like the FBI have found a back way in. If that is the case then this is huge because I doubt Stone was the only one on Trumps campaign using Whatsapp thinking it was secure and beyond prying eyes.

While end-to-end encryption is basically unbreakable but not if the service provider has the key or if someone in the conversation backs up their conversations to cloud storage.

It's not that, as much as you would like it to be true. This forum likes posts to be grounded in realty. It might sound excessive but it's necessary for sensible political discourse.

When someone says something like:

...it sounds like something which is NOT grounded in reality. The Stone indictment has been imminent for months. It's also worth understanding that while Grand Jury sessions aren't public, the people coming and going into the venue provides quite good clues.

I couldn't help but notice when I searched for the outrage over the filming that many of them are websites who spread RT such as Daily Caller and Infowars.

If you want to keep up with what's going on, I would suggest not getting your information from places like that.

You guys thought last week the buzzfeed article was the end and were jumping for joy. I warned you guys not to believe it and to wait and explained why and what happens i was correct.. You guys have been posting for years now its the end and Trump still there.

What the hell was CNN doing on his property filming anyhow. So they decided to not sleep and just got awaken by FBI agents that early in the morning? Come on now they got a tip off this raid was happening

Stone had foreknowledge Wikileaks had Hilary emails and was planning on releasing them, that part of the indictment against Stone. Like I said before this all about Hilary failure to beat Donald. They are using the Russian collusion thing to discredit Trump victory. Supposedly lied who told about the Hilary emails. He alleged to told Bannon our worked with him to help Trump.

Stone is charged with lying about the above, and charged with tampering with a witness. Not with talking to Wikileaks. You’ve actually just acknowledged he’s guilty.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Hilary Clinton hasn't been mentioned here or in politics for nearly a year now. Are you going to actually post something that has some basis behind it or did you just get lost on the way to the Conspiracy Theory forum?

I don't usually post on this forum although I do check it every day and I've noticed that when you, Rigolo and Eric Cartman post, the quality of conversation turns straight into something from a Youtube comment section.

And before you moan about how oppressed your opinion is on this forum check out Manic Morans posts. He actually tries to outline why he believes something and has some sort of logic to back it up. He never goes straight to conspiracy theories to try and prove something. Maybe if you want to be taken seriously on the Politics forum you should try doing the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement