Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Where do you stand on mocking the disabled?

i think he was mocking a journalist saying things in a weird voice with exagerated hand movements, like a lot of people do. I do not believe that he was having a go at that specific journalists disability and think that was completely blown up.

Well, if that's important, here's the full quote. He was talking about a woman he was about to meet:

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."
    I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.

Here he is talking about Nancy O'Dell:

I did try and fúck her. She was married. And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look.

But this stuff isn't sexist. Is that what you're saying?

"im attracted to beautiful women and they let me kiss them and touch them" a bit braggy but if thats sexist now well then...

the second one is just any chat that a lad would have "remember yer wan i tried to get with years ago , well saw her the other day and shes a mess now"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Gbear wrote: »
    He probably should've been impeached for that, but there's a substantive difference between lying to save face about personal, but legal events, and committing not one isolated felony, but reams of them, including ones that directly relate to attacking democracy and the American system.

That's an intellectually dishonest comment from you, because I'm sure you know that.

No commiting perjury is a very serious offence dont let your hate of Trump cloud tgat fact.

What has Trump done that rises above perjury?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

i think he was mocking a journalist saying things in a weird voice with exagerated hand movements, like a lot of people do. I do not believe that he was having a go at that specific journalists disability and think that was completely blown up.

He specifically identified the disabled journalist and then made those hand movements. He was mocking the journalist's disability. There is no doubt whatsoever about that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

"im attracted to beautiful women and they let me kiss them and touch them" a bit braggy but if thats sexist now well then...

the second one is just any chat that a lad would have "remember yer wan i tried to get with years ago , well saw her the other day and shes a mess now"

Lol, you need to drag your cavemanesque views into the tolerant, less sexist, but not perfect, world we are all moving towards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

He literally just rolled back domestic abuse laws to only count physical violence. He is a serial adulterist who doesn't give a **** about his partners as he views them as nothing. He basically said in another life he'd bang his daughter. He is a joke.

So what he said isn't sexist. You think it's okay to talk about women like that. Okay.

So what he said isn't sexist. You think it's okay to talk about women like that. Okay.

are you saying that wholesale throughout your life you have never heard a man talk about a girl he tried to get with at some point and how she either still looks good or doesnt look good anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

i think he was mocking a journalist saying things in a weird voice with exagerated hand movements, like a lot of people do. I do not believe that he was having a go at that specific journalist and think that was completely blown up.
    He literally said "you gotta see this guy" then mimicked his disability

But yeah, it was completely blown up. Pathetic.

mayordenis wrote: »
    He literally just rolled back domestic abuse laws to only count physical violence. He is a serial adulterist who doesn't give a **** about his partners as he views them as nothing. He basically said in another life he'd bang his daughter. He is a joke.

polyamory is a thing , increasingly it looks like monogamy is an outdated concept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I don't believe anything he's done is racist or sexist, I just think thats built up to nothing. I suppose my bar of whats racist or sexist isnt as low as others.

While perhaps all of the below never reached the height of POTUS , AOC, Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, Bush Jr, Nixon are definitely worse for america and Trump.

Conman im willing to take but id like to know how.

Liar , yeah, there has been a lot of exaggerations and some flat out lies, seems to unfortunately be the way of US politics, cant think of many politicians who haven't lied.

You’re in total denial, other than Hitler, I can’t think of any politician that lies as much as Trump. As I said before saying Trump lies like all other politicians, is like comparing two criminals, one that stole a loaf of bread and another who’s a mass murderer serial killer! Trump is the serial killer of lying. If you can’t see that, you’re in Total Denial, don’t even get me started on his racist and sexist comments. Face it, you’re Fawning! Fawning for anyone is bad enough, but Fawning for a POS like Trump is pathetic! Sorry, but you’re Fawning!!

oscarBravo wrote: »
    "Just because he says deeply misogynistic things doesn't make him sexist."

I rest my case.

I would agree it's obvious Trump is misogynistic.

Would you agree in all likely hood Bill Clinton is probably a rapist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Trump isn’t ‘one of the lads’.

He’s president of the United States.

He should have the decorum and tact not to say things like that if it comes into his mind.

Loose lips sink ships, very easy for Russian/Chinese intelligence to get into the White House now with a man who can’t keep his mouth shut and boast about things like military capabaility.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

polyamory is a thing , increasingly it looks like monogamy is an outdated concept.

What about the rest of the post? What about the hypocrisy of espousing Christian values? Blah blah blah I'm bored listening to myself here

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Trump isn’t ‘one of the lads’.

He’s president of the United States.

He should have the decorum and tact not to say things like that if it comes into his mind.

Loose lips sink ships, very easy for Russian/Chinese intelligence to get into the White House now with a man who can’t keep his mouth shut and boast about things like military capabaility.

these things were said before that, unloke most politicians , he hasnt had to keep his views as close to his chest as most, for 70+ years the level of scrutiny on him was the same as most business people, very little.

are you saying that wholesale throughout your life you have never heard a man talk about a girl he tried to get with at some point and how she either still looks good or doesnt look good anymore ?

Nobody that I respected.

You seem to be unaware of a reality. Let me enlighten you.

Here's what he said:

You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Which, in law, means:

You can do anything. Sexually assault them. You can do anything."

Whataboutism at its finest, whether Bill Clinton was a rapist or not has no relevance to Trump's shocking views and treatment of women.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Are you seriously trying to argue that, because his sexism is unoriginal, it can't possibly be sexist?

Are you even trying to pretend to make sense anymore?

If your defence of Trump amounts to "he's no more sexist than I am", you should probably take a long, hard look at yourself.
    Cool.
    Hey, don't get me started on JFK.

What's with the whataboutery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Between this and the defending Trump mocking a disabled journalist, is there anything he could do. Anything at all, thatyou wouldn't defend?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw Matt Gaetz who tweeted at Michael Cohen last night is being investigated by the Florida Bar over that tweet so one tweet doesn't seem to have been worth it does it ?

• Advertisement

Nobody that I respected.

You seem to be unaware of a reality. Let me enlighten you.

Here's what he said:

You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Which, in law, means:

You can do anything. Sexually assault them. You can do anything."

but his statement implies they consent to this , which wouldnt make it assault. also without the whole quote it doesnt make sense, he said they let him kiss them then quantifies it with 'you could do anything' and then gives that as a theoretical example.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Whataboutism at its finest, whether Bill Clinton was a rapist or not has no relevance to Trump's shocking views and treatment of women.

Just interested if people on this board would apply the same standards to the darling of the democratic party.

I would say in all probability Bill Clinton was a rapist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

these things were said before that, unloke most politicians , he hasnt had to keep his views as close to his chest as most, for 70+ years the level of scrutiny on him was the same as most business people, very little.

Yes! It’s a very bad situation !

Who knows how long he’s been under surveillance by enemies of the state knowing he would become a useful tool if they could get him into power!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

No commiting perjury is a very serious offence dont let your hate of Trump cloud tgat fact.

What has Trump done that rises above perjury?

Again, you're being intellectually dishonest.

If you'll read what I wrote, because I'm generally a stickler for the rules I think he should have been impeached. I'm not an idiot however, and can discern that there's a difference between different crimes, as there is between assault of punching someone in the shoulder and going at them with a baseball bat.

We will have to wait and see what all the other testimonies bring, and the Mueller report, but thus far, there is evidence available to the public that he has committed campaign finance violations (Cohen testimony), fraud (Trump University), money laundering (Cohen testimony), self dealing (Trump Hotel Washington, Mar-a-Lago), conspiracy against the United States (Russia), tax evasion (Cohen testimony and relating to most of the above) and is in breach of the emoluments clause of the US constitution (handling Trump Org businesses post-election).

We will have to wait and see what charges, and any others, ultimately are brought forward.

but his statement implies they consent to this , which wouldnt make it assault. also without the whole quote it doesnt make sense, he said they let him kiss them then quantifies it with 'you could do anything' and then gives that as a theoretical example.

I'm afraid your argument is full of holes. No woman consents to a man walking up to her and 'grabbing her by the pussy'. No woman.

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Yes! It’s a very bad situation !

Who knows how long he’s been under surveillance by enemies of the state knowing he would become a useful tool if they could get him into power!

conspiracy theory forum is that way lad ---->

I'm afraid your argument is full of holes. No woman consents to a man walking up to her and 'grabbing her by the pussy'. No woman.

but at no point is it suggested that thats occuring, even the statement implies he's atleast kissing them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭swampgas

circadian wrote: »
    Between this and the defending Trump mocking a disabled journalist, is there anything he could do. Anything at all, that you wouldn't defend?

Yes. If Trump started paying his taxes Eric would drop him like a hot potato.

Just interested if people on this board would apply the same standards to the darling of the democratic party.

I would say in all probability Bill Clinton was a rapist.

So what's your point, if Clinton was a rapist 20 years ago, it excuses all Trump's misogyny?

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Dude.

Do yourself a favour, and ask every woman you know whether Trump's remark about grabbing women by the pussy was sexist. Make sure you vigorously defend him, and make sure to explain to them why they're wrong.

Chicks dig that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement