Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

polyamory is a thing , increasingly it looks like monogamy is an outdated concept.

So are you saying monogamy is outdated, so it’s ok for Trump to bang his daughter?

Just interested if people on this board would apply the same standards to the darling of the democratic party.

I would say in all probability Bill Clinton was a rapist.

But in even more probability, Trump is probably a rapist. I don’t want to go down the Whataboutism hole, but you started it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

but at no point is it suggested that thats occuring, even the statement implies he's atleast kissing them first.

Right. A word of advice. If you do what Trump says he does, you will be charged with sexual assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I would agree it's obvious Trump is misogynistic.

Would you agree in all likely hood Bill Clinton is probably a rapist?

I would say that Bill likely raped these women and his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein is fishy as hell.

When he's president, I'll start the thread myself and criticise the repeal of glass-steagall, criminal justice reform and the rapey stuff.

Now, Trump is President and this is the Trump thread so Trump's rapiness and his friendships with pedos and mobsters is fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Gbear wrote: »
    Again, you're being intellectually dishonest.

If you'll read what I wrote, because I'm generally a stickler for the rules I think he should have been impeached. I'm not an idiot however, and can discern that there's a difference between different crimes, as there is between assault of punching someone in the shoulder and going at them with a baseball bat.

We will have to wait and see what all the other testimonies bring, and the Mueller report, but thus far, there is evidence available to the public that he has committed campaign finance violations (Cohen testimony), fraud (Trump University), money laundering (Cohen testimony), self dealing (Trump Hotel Washington, Mar-a-Lago), conspiracy against the United States (Russia), tax evasion (Cohen testimony and relating to most of the above) and is in breach of the emoluments clause of the US constitution (handling Trump Org businesses post-election).

We will have to wait and see what charges, and any others, ultimately are brought forward.

Is that your Mueller report wishlist? Think you may be disappointed with crimes implicating Trump.

• Advertisement

but at no point is it suggested that thats occuring, even the statement implies he's atleast kissing them first.

Ok, so according to Eric, if Trump kisses a woman without her permission first, it’s then ok for him to grab them by the pu$$y. Why don’t you try that and see how it works for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I would say that Bill likely raped these women and his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein is fishy as hell.

As is Trump's.

It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this Acosta sweetheart deal that got Epstein off (drain the swamp, and fill it with people who protect kiddy-fiddlers, apparently?) and who else might be implicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Is that your Mueller report wishlist? Think you may be disappointed with crimes implicating Trump.

As I said, and noted with the references, that they are things about which there is already evidence available out in the open. Some of those Mueller will shed further light on. Some are being handled by SDNY and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

When he's president, I'll start the thread myself and criticise the repeal of glass-steagall, criminal justice reform and the rapey stuff.

Now, Trump is President and this is the Trump thread so Trump's rapiness and his friendships with pedos and mobsters is fair game.

Trump is a lot of things but let's not call him a rapist that's a horrible alligation.

That’s not a wishlist, as Gbear posted actual proven facts, what do you have, other than a warm fuzzy feeling every time you see Trump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Ok, so according to Eric, if Trump kisses a woman without her permission first, it’s then ok for him to grab them by the pu$$y. Why don’t you try that and see how it works for you!

thats not what I said, you know thats not what I said.

Trump is a lot of things but let's not call him a rapist that's a horrible alligation.

Fair enough. Perpetrator of sexual assaults. According to himself.

Trump is as much of a rapist, as Bill Clinton is. In both cases it’s just allegations, yet more allegations against Trump. Plus they both have apparent ties to Jeffrey Epstein, although it is Trump’s appointment that let him off.

thats not what I said, you know thats not what I said.

No, it’s not, you said “even the statement implies he's atleast kissing them first”!

No, it’s not, you said “even the statement implies he's atleast kissing them first”!

'they let me do it' 'they let me do anything' the chap is even bragging about them consenting, not just appearing from behind a pillar and grabbing them.

People are having their time wasted here because they're arguing against different definitions of sexual assault and racism.
    If your definition of sexual assault is basically everything worse than dragging a nun down an ally and raping her to full term, then nothing short of that can be sexual assault and therefore Trump never sexually assaulted anyone.

It's the same with the racism. If you define it as dressing in a klan outfit and literally hanging a black guy off a tree with a rope, then sure Trump isn't racist.

That's what's happening here. Sexual assault and racism are being defined to be whatever Trump did plus 1. The beauty of this is that you can argue with a straight face that Trump is not racist and never sexually assaulted anyone. Sure, it might be intellectually dishonest but it sure ties the thread up in nonsense.

'they let me do it' 'they let me do anything' the chap is even bragging about them consenting, not just appearing from behind a pillar and grabbing them.

The problem with sexual predators like Trump is, in their mind the girls let them do it, but that’s usually very different from reality. In many cases a young girl may not even press charges, because they fear the rich and powerful. Sort of like the cop who raped the handicap girl he arrested and had in handcuffs and said it was consensual.

Cohen plead guilty to two felonies which he performed under the direction of Individual 1. It's DOJ policy not to indict a sitting president so he has not been indicted. He is what is known as an unindicted co-conspirator.

Guess who individual 1 is?

People are having their time wasted here because they're arguing against different definitions of sexual assault and racism.
    If your definition of sexual assault is basically everything worse than dragging a nun down an ally and raping her to full term, then nothing short of that can be sexual assault and therefore Trump never sexually assaulted anyone.

It's the same with the racism. If you define it as dressing in a klan outfit and literally hanging a black guy off a tree with a rope, then sure Trump isn't racist.

That's what's happening here. Sexual assault and racism are being defined to be whatever Trump did plus 1. The beauty of this is that you can argue with a straight face that Trump is not racist and never sexually assaulted anyone. Sure, it might be intellectually dishonest but it sure ties the thread up in nonsense.

Indeed, however, it's important that people can't just dissemble truth and realities away. Defence of the indefensible needs to challenged. Even in this small corner of the internet.

The problem with sexual predators like Trump is, in their mind the girls let them do it, but that’s usually very different from reality. In many cases a young girl may not even press charges, because they fear the rich and powerful. Sort of like the cop who raped the handicap girl he arrested and had in handcuffs and said it was consensual.

ignoring that second story which in no way has anything to do with donald trump.

is there a singular claim against trump where he just grabbed a woman by the vagina out of nowhere without her consent ?

• Advertisement

the mental gymanstics needed to escalate a debate over a comment he said to being equal to excusing 'dragging a nun down an alley way and raping her' is just incredible.

ignoring that second story which in no way has anything to do with donald trump.

is there a singular claim against trump where he just grabbed a woman by the vagina out of nowhere without her consent ?

Yes, several!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-sexual-assault-allegation-alva-johnson-claims-women-how-many-accused-kiss-a8796851.html

Not to mention all the ones that probably went unclaimed, hence my comparison about the cop. When you’re a rich, powerful, nasty, arrogant ****, young girls tend to just try and forget.

the mental gymanstics needed to escalate a debate over a comment he said to being equal to excusing 'dragging a nun down an alley way and raping her' is just incredible.

I don't expect you to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I remember the days when you used to be able to own people and pay them in food.
    And your wife would have the dinner at home ready on the table with clean kids whilst you cleaned up yourself after pouring yourself over your secretary all day.

Them were the days.

Libertarian days....

Only I don't , because I'm not an adult... Im merely contrary. Possibly have no job and don't understand wealth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

But Trump is a Bigger Liar, he’s lied over 8,000 times in the past 2 years, but you still fawn over him!!!

I always laugh when people who always defend Trump try to write off others as being liars. Cohen is a liar, I guess they have found their 2020 candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The mental gymnastics needed to convince yourself that Trump wasn't mocking a disabled man despite actually saying "you gotta see this guy" then mimicking his disability in front of thousands of people is just incredible

In other news, Trump has dropped the demand for an accounting of NK's nuclear program.

Maybe I'm too cynical but it looks like a way to come up with a tremendous deal, the best deal you've ever seen where Kim promises that he stops the nuclear program but doesn't have to verify it.

In other news, Trump has dropped the demand for an accounting of NK's nuclear program.

Maybe I'm too cynical but it looks like a way to come up with a tremendous deal, the best deal you've ever seen where Kim promises that he stops the nuclear program but doesn't have to verify it.

The press conference was weird. Trump was being obsequious while Kim simply looked away when Trump was talking. Trump actually looked like he was desperate for Kim's attention. It was surreal.

Indeed, however, it's important that people can't just dissemble truth and realities away. Defence of the indefensible needs to challenged. Even in this small corner of the internet.

I don't disagree but maybe I've spent too long in the totally not racist Tommy Robinson thread.

• Advertisement

The press conference was weird. Trump was being obsequious while Kim simply looked away when Trump was talking. Trump actually looked like he was desperate for Kim's attention. It was surreal.

I didn't see it, although I did read that some American journalists from the wire services were banned from some press conference after asking about Cohen and whether Trump backed away from the demand for denuclearisation. It's an odd turn for an administration from the land of the free.

Just regarding the negotiations, I'm not sure how NK abandoning nukes is even a rational thing for them to do and I can't see it happening. They have them now. Getting rid of them makes little sense from their perspective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement