Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

RIGOLO wrote: »
    So you have a problem with Lynne Patton.

her words ...

I take it that is the BLACK FRIEND your referring too...

Talib and her race-baiting got put back in her box in that exchange, calling the women self-described above a prop and accusing Meadows a man with african american neices and nephews and who also happens to be one of Cummings the black DNC chairmans best friends, a racist ...

TALIB defending a white male convicted liar against the stance of a successfull professional black african american woman , and now posters here , are also implying shes a prop.

Play the racist card is always the first and last resort of the left in desperate times.
    So are you defending Trump, that he's never said anything or done anything that was racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The "he hired a black person so he can't be racist" argument is such bullsh*t

I lived and worked in New York for 5 years and knew a few contractors who were racist pr*cks yet employed black tradesmen/labourers

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Fair enough , but Meadows blew his chance to do that when he relinquished his speaking rights and then tried to get back again and Cummings wouldn't let him..

I fully accept it's not great , but there is a long history of both sides playing silly buggers with arcane procedural rules to gain the upper hand in these hearings..

But even with that , someone had time to print that ridiculous "Liar Liar" poster and have it brought in to the room - Utterly childish and I'd say that no matter who did it..

That is not what happened though! Relinquishing he speaking rights came later in the proceedings. When Meadows suggested that the hearing should be postponed as per the rules, the Dems put forward and voted on a motion to "waive the rules"!
    I agree that the Liar Liar poster was very childish. There should be no place in Congress for that behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The NRA are using extremist rhetoric in ads and have been called out by their own members for it.

There is going to be no bi-partisanship on this issue as long as NRA are able to buy political votes...again 85% of Republican voters are in favour of background checks. If you can't agree on that which should be step 1 how are they going to agree on more complex gun issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Penn wrote: »
    Let's face it, Cohen has been working with Mueller/SDNY for quite some time now. At this point, there was likely nothing said at yesterday's hearings that isn't already known to investigators. They likely have a lot of this stuff already reviewed, investigated, and likely with corroborating evidence for most of it.

Yesterday was all about optics; starting to get it all out into the open and the attack from the Dems and defence from the Reps. But the investigation into everything Cohen said yesterday would have started a long time ago, including the stuff about taxes, or Felix Sater, or the Stormy Daniels payments.
    Interesting that he's not considered a 'co-operating witness' as this extract shows. One wonders what other lies he may have told congress and how much deeper in clink that will get him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

So the Democrats brought their circus back to town, the same one that was in town for Brett Kavanuagh. Only this time it was even more ragged and tatty and the show was even more in-ept.
    What was billed as some epic reveal all hearing , descended into farce and has the media scrambling to extract something seismic for the anti-TRumpers out of it.

The only circus act was put on by Mr Higgins

What an idiot

https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/02/27/michael-cohen-hearing-gop-rep-higgins-says-he-acts-person-arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

It seems ironic that the Republicans who want everything to be outsourced to a 3rd party, including prisons, road works, transportation, charter schools and healthcare is objecting to a 3rd party’s involvement in gun registration. As far as the fee, having a gun is a privilege and as we have to pay fees for almost everything, why not for a license for a weapon of death!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

What new wars did Obama start?

https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/920786580243021824

How about Venezuela Robert?

I mentioned the drone strikes. It was bad before and its worse now, but that is what happens when drone strikes get normalised.
    It is criminal what is going on with drones.

Venezuela, the US has been interfering there ever since Chavez took power, including failed coups.

Obama gave the go-ahead for the Libyan war - he at least admitted he got it wrong and called it a '****show' but blamed the UK and France for it.
    Large weapons sales which helped the Saudis launch a war against Yemen.
    Backed the wrong side in Syria, which allowed the war to get out of hand.
    Backed the radical Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and condemned the Egyptian military after they did the coup against Morsi, a much needed coup given the sectarian violence the Muslim Brotherhood were promoting and assisting against the Coptic Christians.
    All these bad decisions by Obama and his crew, led to the migrant crisis, the migrant crisis in Europe. There are arguments it is the migrants that pushed the Brexit majority over the line, it has led to the rise of the far right in Europe.
    This is the legacy of the failed presidency of Obama.
    God knows what the failed presidency of Trump will deliver. It just really bad leadership for way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It can be said that it is media slanting the news, RTE 1 news running three short film segments of the Hanoi summit meeting. Short 1 showed the summit ending with Kim's staff running to get to their cars. Short 2 was of the room where a working lunch was to take place, the table still set. Short 3 was of Don trying to explain the sudden ending of the unproductive summit "Kim wanted to hold on to his nuclear weapons and we couldn't agree to that". Looking at that last clip makes it plain what people had been saying is correct, that is that Kim would/could not just hand in his weapons at the door and survive. I don't understand how Don, with all his advisors and his Sec State doing advance groundwork, was unprepared for that ending given the hype he had been giving the summit, unless it was an exercise in futility planned to end that way.

Edit. Did Don & his team use the effort for best effect, if they got a deal with Kim to drop some weapons it would look good for term 2 "we can rest easier in our beds" and if it failed, "well, Kim wanted too much". Russia media are very disapproving of the outcome putting the blame on Don, while stressing that it want's NK to disarm its nuclear weaponry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So it came out yesterday that Trump inflated and deflated the value of his properties. Cohen mentioned one golf club that had a $50m valuation for insurance and a $5m valuation for property tax. I know a sitting president can't be indicted but surely once he is out of the White House the IRS are going to take an interest in this? From what Cohen said he is involved in large scale tax evasion, something the IRS take a very dim view of.

And it will be very interesting to establish if he ever claimed on an inflated insured value, while having much lower valuations entered for property taxes.

Also, while the IRS will have a big interest in all this, its the local County/State tax authorities who will take an even greater interest as they are the greatest potential losers. AOC was trying to focus on a Bronx Golf Course yesterday that appears to have garnered significant public funding, while Trump was benefiting. Trump has no friends in local/city administrative circles there, and these folks wont be hampered by DOJ guidelines in the same way as all the Federal entities might be. Civil rather than Criminal suits will be the order of the day at State level, and the Trump Foundation has already loomed large in investigative sights at a State/Local level. Meanwhile, SDNY will continue its No Holds Barred investigative approach at a Federal/Criminal level for which it is famous. RICO anyone?

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    As always when I see him say stuff like that, I always imagine the ****storm if Obama/Hillary had said it...

And it spotlights the hypocricy of the likes of Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows at yesterday's Cohen hearings... And the pathetic Trump cover being given daily by the likes of Graham, Gaetz and even Cruz... Shameful!

So you have a problem with Lynne Patton.

her words ...

I take it that is the BLACK FRIEND your referring too...

Talib and her race-baiting got put back in her box in that exchange, calling the women self-described above a prop and accusing Meadows a man with african american neices and nephews and who also happens to be one of Cummings the black DNC chairmans best friends, a racist ...

TALIB defending a white male convicted liar against the stance of a successfull professional black african american woman , and now posters here , are also implying shes a prop.

Play the racist card is always the first and last resort of the left in desperate times.

A total prop... Shame on her for allowing herself to be used in that way... It was gut- wrenching to watch Meadows displaying her as some kind of 'proof' of Trump's tolerance... It was a horrible stunt and Meadows has been widely excoriated for pulling it...And as for his pathetic 'nieces and nephews' justifications, it was sick- making. His whole "Racist... Who? Me??" BS has been called out and his many previous Birther Movement racist slurs are being re- examined today. An idiotic act to try and get away with in 2019. Jeez, if he did it in the 1960s, he'd have been thrown out! I don't know why/how the Chair let him get away with it!

weisses wrote: »

The Irish Healy-Raes looked positively statesmanlike by comparison...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/1101245574219788289?s=19

Trump and Ivanka have always denied that this occurred.

The president does have the power to do so, but the story here is that Kelly was very concerned about it. Kushner was denied top secret level clearance until trump stepped in.

I wonder will the person appointed by Trump who granted approximately 30 clearances be called to give evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

everlast75 wrote: »

The president does have the power to do so, but the story here is that Kelly was very concerned about it. Kushner was denied top secret level clearance until trump stepped in.

I wonder will the person appointed by Trump who granted approximately 30 clearances be called to give evidence.

I wonder would forcibly giving people known to be compromised as foreign agents constitute conspiracy?

What a pathetic little man.

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1101183223814602752?s=19

"Russia, if you're listening. I hppe you are able to find Trump's SAT scores. I think you will be rewarded very much by the media"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Kelly and McGahn both wrote memos outlining their objection to Kushner's clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Felix Sater going to be in front of the intelligence committee onMarch 14th.
    Allen Weisselberg the Trumps chief financial officer to testify as well.

Get the popcorn ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,705 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

20Cent wrote: »

Get the popcorn ready.

I'm looking forward to the Sater hearing. it could be exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,725 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Get the popcorn ready.

Any word on whether they'll be public or private?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

Get the popcorn ready.

Weisselberg gor an immunity deal but I seen a report a few days ago saying that he wasn't really doing much by way of cooperating. I'll try and find it.

It would make sense that he doesn't want to give away more then he needs to if a lot of money was coming from the Russian Mafia which would be the Kremlin by extension. You'd be very concerned about your families wellbeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

circadian wrote: »
    Weisselberg gor an immunity deal but I seen a report a few days ago saying that he wasn't really doing much by way of cooperating. I'll try and find it.

There is a difference between an immunity deal and a co-operation deal so hes not out of the woods yet....

This was explained the other night on some TV channel but what Weisselberg got possibly was an immunity deal for testifying on one particular crime (eg the Stormy payments) he got immunity for that crime. So he is still open to prosecution to all the other mobster tax fraud money laundering schemes he's been up to over the past 40 years.

A Co-operation deal is where you lay everything out there all the bad **** you have been up to for your life no holes bared and the prosecutors then strike a deal with you to only charge you with a minor offense possibly. This is with the aim of catching other people higher up the food chain. Weisselberg et al have still a lot to worry about:cool:

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Penn wrote: »
    Any word on whether they'll be public or private?

Slater is public dunno about the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,494 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have seen several references, mostly on Fox news about 'the Dems' arranging Cohen's testimony for the same day as Trump's meeting with Kim, but in fact wasn't the Cohen testimony arranged weeks ago, and the Trump meeting only recently?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

So more great news for the Trump administration this week on the economic front.

The Bureuau For Economic Affairs have released the numbers for Economic Growth Q4 and they are pretty stellar.

https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/initial-gross-domestic-product-4th-quarter-and-annual-2018
    During 2018 (measured from the fourth quarter of 2017 to the fourth quarter of 2018), real GDP increased 3.1 percent, compared with an increase of 2.5 percent during 2017.

This is the first time in 10 years that the US has shown over 3% GDP for a 12 month period

Digging into the details the highlight for me is the NonResidential Fixed Investment growth, thats a key indicator of companies investing in their operations .

Growth matched the prediction of Donald Trump in 2018 budget ...
    Growth EXCEEDED the predictions of the markets and liberal left main stream media commentators.

Not bad for a man who people said couldnt plan, 3.1% GDP .

Trump supporters have 3.1 % GDP Growth
    Anti-Trump supporters have democrat representatives accusing a succesful black business woman of being a 'prop' .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

So more great news for the Trump administration this week on the economic front.

The Bureuau For Economic Affairs have released the numbers for Economic Growth Q4 and they are pretty stellar.

https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/initial-gross-domestic-product-4th-quarter-and-annual-2018

This is the first time in 10 years that the US has shown over 3% GDP for a 12 month period

Digging into the details the highlight for me is the NonResidential Fixed Investment growth, thats a key indicator of companies investing in their operations .

Growth matched the prediction of Donald Trump in 2018 budget ...
    Growth EXCEEDED the predictions of the markets and liberal left main stream media commentators.

Not bad for a man who people said couldnt plan, 3.1% GDP .

Trump supporters have 3.1 % GDP Growth
    Anti-Trump supporters have democrat representatives accusing a succesful black business woman of being a 'prop' .

From here, you're correct about the 3.1 percent figure but the rest of your North Korean propaganda-style cheerleading is about as accurate as a North Korean news bulletin. In fact, looking back over 10 years, it looks like Trump still hasn't reached the heights of that black president of yours achieved twice and he managed to do it after being handed a turd:
    The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the United States expanded 3.10 percent in the fourth quarter of 2018 over the same quarter of the previous year. GDP Annual Growth Rate in the United States averaged 3.20 percent from 1948 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 13.40 percent in the fourth quarter of 1950 and a record low of -3.90 percent in the second quarter of 2009.

united-states-gdp-growth-annual.png?s=gdp+cyoy&v=201902281408a1&d1=20090101&d2=20191231

circadian wrote: »

I would love to see that arrogant, self serving agitator before Congress under oath. I'd imagine the transformation would be quite reminiscent of Roger Stone pre and post visit to Judge Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 33,725 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I would love to see that arrogant, self serving agitator before Congress under oath. I'd imagine the transformation would be quite reminiscent of Roger Stone pre and post visit to Judge Jackson

Thing is, he'd probably lie and get away with it. There'd likely be no proof Cohen didn't say it to him, and even if they had proof Trump did order Cohen to do it, Hannity could still claim Cohen told him he didn't.

What it would throw up however, is Hannity admitting he talked to Cohen regularly and Cohen already named Hannity as one of his few clients. Which mean Cohen might decide to spill the beans on stuff Hannity may have been up to. Not sure if Hannity would want that.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

From here, you're correct about the 3.1 percent figure but the rest of your North Korean propaganda-style cheerleading is about as accurate as a North Korean news bulletin. In fact, looking back over 10 years, it looks like Trump still hasn't reached the heights of that black president of yours achieved twice and he managed to do it after being handed a turd:

united-states-gdp-growth-annual.png?s=gdp+cyoy&v=201902281408a1&d1=20090101&d2=20191231

I dont think you read what I said .

For one thing you went back to 1948 to disprove a figure I was quoting for the last decade.
    I clearly stated I was refering to the 'the last ten years '
    You are free to post your numbers, but to say my numbers for the last decade are wrong because of a chart you have from the 50s is pathetic.

Secondly , I also clearly stated 3% over a 12 month period.
    And yes this is the first time in a DECADE the REAL GDP in the US has averaged over 3% for a 12 month period.

Nothing North Korean about my post.

Its all facts , easy to see on the link I sent, you dont even have to read it, the
    CHART on the top of the page, clearly shows 3% avg for a 12 month period in 2018 .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement