Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Great weekend to be back from my ban.

Mueller probe is a busted flush . No more indictments called for in the report, no proof of Trump campaign collusion on the 2016 election, no interview for Donald Trump with Mueller

There goes Hilarys number 1 excuse for her loss.

Trump wins again .

And all that material that Mueller has on deep state, pro Democrat pro Hilary anti-TRump collusion now becomes a matter of record in the AG office with potential for investigations into that.

We all know theres nothing in the report, if there was it would have been leaked.
    Nancy knew 2 months ago there was nothing in it , when she made statements to tone down the calls for impeachment.

Dan Bongino put it well..

an epic MAGA weekend.
    I guess the Dems will now have to rely on AOC and Ilhmar for winning 2020 for whichever candidate they put forward.. good luck with that .

I see you've read the report.

Oh wait ....

You haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Great weekend to be back from my ban.

Mueller probe is a busted flush . No more indictments called for in the report, no proof of Trump campaign collusion on the 2016 election, no interview for Donald Trump with Mueller

There goes Hilarys number 1 excuse for her loss.

Trump wins again .

And all that material that Mueller has on deep state, pro Democrat pro Hilary anti-TRump collusion now becomes a matter of record in the AG office with potential for investigations into that.

We all know theres nothing in the report, if there was it would have been leaked.
    Nancy knew 2 months ago there was nothing in it , when she made statements to tone down the calls for impeachment.

Dan Bongino put it well..

an epic MAGA weekend.
    I guess the Dems will now have to rely on AOC and Ilhmar for winning 2020 for whichever candidate they put forward.. good luck with that .
    I know I'm wasting my time here, but have you read the report yet?

Surely the inverse holds true also, if there was anything in there that definitely states he's in the clear that would have been leaked too?

Bongino has zero credibility, he's just trying to set a narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Rigolo can you post the report please as it appears you have read it from cover to cover

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No more posturing about ignore lists please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Ultros

listermint wrote: »

Enjoy watching RT and getting your information off Facebook.

Is that where you found out Lindsey Graham is a Russian agent? You were convinced "it was all going to come out" anyway.

• Advertisement

Trumps first tweet, he seems upbeat. Barr will release major findings publicly today at some point.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1109787378242240514

• Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I know as much as everyone else, but my guess is there isn't enough to indict Trump (even if DOJ thought we could) but enough to take to congress, including proof that Trump lied with his written answers to the SC.

I reckon the reason Trump wasn't interviewed was because SC knew it would never happen. He was happy enough providing proof that Trump lied on those answers and Congress will be asked to make of that what they will.

I think once the Conspiracy cases conclude (as they are incomplete at present) and which will be farmed out (incl DT Jnr, Stone etc) we will see charges then.

There's a shedload of evidence for obstruction but proving intent for that particular charge will be tricky considering Trump's emmmmm.. unusual mindset.

I also reckon there are or will be sealed indictments for Trump from SDNY and others once he leaves office.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

It might not be justice in some people's eyes but this could be better for America as a whole. I think if he was indicted over this there could easily be civil unrest, it only takes one nutter as we've seen many times before. Let him be voted out in 2020 fair and square. A good chunk of his supporters obviously won't accept that either but it'll be a cleaner transition of power than an indctment and subsequent removal would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

But they dont indict sitting presidents?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,954 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thargor wrote: »
    It’s not a hard rule though. It’s an opinion from the seventies.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »

You can indict alleged Russian agents like Carter Page though. I wonder how he's getting on these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The fact that nothing has leaked suggest to me.... there is a guilt bomb about to explode!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

The fact that nothing has leaked suggest to me.... there is a guilt bomb about to explode!

I kind of think it wouldn't have concluded so neatly unless there was something fairly damning in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,569 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's tempting to read into radio silence, or indeed Trump's inevitable presence on the golf course this weekend (with Kid Rock), however you prefer the outcome to be, but it is passing strange how quiet the admin is. Were the report to leave all parties in the clear you'd imagine they'd already be crowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uptherebels

everlast75 wrote: »

Ya but it will be a summary.
    So...
    Cherry picked?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ya but it will be a summary.
    So...
    Cherry picked?

I actually trust that Barr will do his job properly. He seems like an honest guy.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    I actually trust that Barr will do his job properly. He seems like an honest guy.

I thought so too, until I saw him concur in DJT's presence with Trump when he said that the border at the south was a national emergency.

I hope I'm wrong.

It'll all come out sooner rather than later anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Sunday is kind of a dead zone for news.... a tactical descion to release it now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Barr and Rosenstein say no evidence of obstruction or collusion, beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Sunday is kind of a dead zone for news.... a tactical descion to release it now ?

Received wisdom would suggest that you release bad news on the busiest day or when there is a major news event. A catastrophic news day is best.

Not enough evidence to indicte on obstruction of justice, no evidence that Trump was in bed with Russia.

Doesn't mean Mueller investigation wasn't worthwhile, plenty of indictments and convictions already.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Barr and Rosenstein say no evidence of obstruction or collusion, beyond a reasonable doubt.

and trumps accomplishments making the news, pushing the narrative that he's the best president ever.

Mueller: "While this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him." Wonder which part of this sentence will The Donald quote on Twitter?

Mueller: "While this report does not conclude that the president committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him." Wonder which part of this sentence will The Donald quote on Twitter?

I wonder if he still thinks it's a witch hunt now that he's in the clear.

they/them/theirs

Looking forward to seeing what Mueller said he did do

Brian? wrote: »
    I wonder if he still thinks it's a witch hunt now that he's in the clear.

No it's proof that he is completely innocent of everything now and forever.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing what Mueller said he did do

The devil will be in the detail. Especially as Mueller said it didn't exonerate him.

Exonerate him from what exactly, proving a negative? Should the Mueller report say "Pres Trump is not guilty of any crime he may have committed ever". All Nadler ( Mueller? ) is doing is twisting language to confuse people and people are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

The bottom line is, the report says Trump did not commit a crime, and CNN is reporting Mueller did not find sufficient evidence that Trump obstructed justice.

On the major accusations, Trump has been cleared. The Russian collusion and obstruction of justice narrative is dead, get over it.

• Advertisement

Ultros wrote: »
    Exonerate him from what exactly, proving a negative? Should the Mueller report say "Pres Trump is guilty of any crime he may have committed ever". All Nadler is doing is twisting language to confuse people and people are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

The bottom line is, the report says Trump did not commit a crime, and CNN is reporting Mueller did not find sufficient evidence that Trump obstructed justice.

On the major accusations, Trump has been cleared. The Russian collusion and obstruction of justice narrative is dead, get over it.

Yeah, maybe you're right. We need to see the detail. Anyway, let's see how all of the various criminal proceedings play out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement