Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

vladmydad wrote: »
    Ok I’m gonna tell you what’s going to happen next. 1st : declassification by the President of all material relating to the muller investigation, it will be terrible for the democrats and former Obama officials showing shocking abuses of the system to pursue the incoming president. Then the results of 2 investigations will be released. One is investigating FISA abuse and it will be devastating. It will find that information was purposefully withheld from the FISA court , such as the fact the dossier which the investigation was based on was compiled as opposition research and that Steele was not considered reliable by the FBI. The second investigation is being run from Utah and is investigating the FBI. It’s conclusion will be that the FBI had set in motion a plan to disseminate the Russian collusion story in order to hamstring the Trump administration, also widespread corruption was within the top brass and that a predetermined outcome had been reached not to prosecute Hillary Clinton. The Trump administration will then initiate the most wide sweeping overhaul of the FBI and intelligence agencies since 9/11. A lot of people are going to jail, clapper, brennen, Comey etc. Then it’s the media’s turn. A lot of people who are the main faces of American tv news, will not be in the job by the end of the year. The media backlash has already begun, msnbc and cnn’s viewership collapsed Monday. The next year is going to be staggering in politics and media.

Oh balls. QAnon twitter is leaking again.
    I said on here a long time ago that the muller investigation would find no collusion.

Danzy wrote: »
    Did the Democrats actually believe there was anything to the Russian angle, I doubt it.

Was a 2 year rabbit hole, maybe they needed the distraction.

All of those suspicious interactions that the Trump campaign had with the Russians actually happened. And they denied that they happened until it was shown that they happened.

The Trump tower meeting happened. Junior even tweeted out the correspondence. The change to the republican platform happened. Trump resisting Russian sanctions happened. Trump saying that he fired Comey because of the investigation happened.

I could go on but I suspect that I'd be wasting my time. I'd suggest not getting too far ahead of yourself here - you only have Barr's carefully parsed words and those words don't say that there was no collusion or no obstruction.

If Mueller's report exonerated Trump, do you really think that the best that Trump's AG could offer would be a carefully worded 4-page summary?
    The Muller report will be released in a few weeks and yes it will show NO collusion. It will only be redacted to protect the grand jury and national security as is protocol. However an unredacted version will be given to the gang of 8 in congress.

The amount of cognitive dissonance on here is staggering. People who venerated Muller for 2 years now won’t accept his findings. Even when the full report is released and says exactly what Barr said, you’ll still refuse to accept it. It’s ok not to like trump, don’t worry about it but please admit that’s the reason you moan about him constantly. He’s not cause he’s a Russian agent, he’s not Hitler, he’s not doing a bad job as president etc etc YOU JUST DON’T LIKE HIM and it’s as simple as that. It’s ok to admit it. You are all afraid to admit it’s the sole and overriding reason you condemn him because you are afraid it will sound shallow. So you go on and on looking for reasons to justify your hatred but when it all comes down to it’s just cause he’s icky 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

The straws being grasped on here is laughable
    Trump fooled the media and the Democrats he won
    Best thing if they actually want to beat trump maybe they don’t is to admit they were wrong and stop the silly season stuff
    Control their fringe and pick a candidate who is a serious person that excludes anyone who agreed with Cortez Fairyland new green deal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I haven't seen anyone on this thread saying they won't accept the findings. We just want the full report, I'm perfectly happy to accept the outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,716 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Vlad.

I've already said I'd accept the findings in the report when they are known.

You are purporting that Barr's memo is the same as the report.

It isn't.

So I ask - will *you* accept the full findings when its released? Yes or no?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The amount of cognitive dissonance on here is staggering. People who venerated Muller for 2 years now won’t accept his findings. Even when the full report is released and says exactly what Barr said, you’ll still refuse to accept it. It’s ok not to like trump, don’t worry about it but please admit that’s the reason you moan about him constantly. He’s not cause he’s a Russian agent, he’s not Hitler, he’s not doing a bad job as president etc etc YOU JUST DON’T LIKE HIM and it’s as simple as that. It’s ok to admit it. You are all afraid to admit it’s the sole and overriding reason you condemn him because you are afraid it will sound shallow. So you go on and on looking for reasons to justify your hatred but when it all comes down to it’s just cause he’s icky 😂

We don't know his findings, because most want to wait and see the full report rather than 4 page summary. Not particularly staggering or difficult to discern from posts here, in fact it's a pretty reasonable stance to take.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Vlad.

I've already said I'd accept the findings in the report when they are known.

You are purporting that Barr's memo is the same as the report.

It isn't.

So I ask - will *you* accept the full findings when its released? Yes or no?
    YES
    What I’m wondering is, what will be the next thing impeachment sycophants will hang their hats on?
    Btw Out of curiosity, did anyone notice that Trump wiped out isis last week ? You know those guys who were chopping off heads and were a menace to the world. Remember Trump dramatically increased air raids on them and took off the ultra restrictive Obama engagement policy’s and then told his generals to do whatever it took. Anyone wanna give Trump some credit for that ? Or will you do mental gymnastics to deny reality.

I thought he said he wiped them out months ago which is it? Was he lieing in December? Is he lieing now? We can never know.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1075397797929775105?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

YES
    What I’m wondering is, what will be the next thing impeachment sycophants will hang their hats on?
    Btw Out of curiosity, did anyone notice that Trump wiped out isis last week ? You know those guys who were chopping off heads and were a menace to the world. Remember Trump dramatically increased air raids on them and took off the ultra restrictive Obama engagement policy’s and then told his generals to do whatever it took. Anyone wanna give Trump some credit for that ? Or will you do mental gymnastics to deny reality.

The structure of the caliphate was taken down by the combined forces, mainly of Kurdish fighters, however if you think that commander Bone spurs has taken down ISIS then you're very badly mistaken as they are still very active

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    YES

The structure of the caliphate was taken down by the combined forces, mainly of Kurdish fighters, however if you think that commander Bone spurs has taken down ISIS then you're very badly mistaken as they are still very active
    TDS

ISIS will continue to wage a geurilla war in Syria and Iraq but they no longer control any territory. Not wiped out

TDS

Even his own intelligence agencies say there are around 17,100 ISIS fighters in Syria and over 30,000 in iraq and Syria combined
    https://media.defense.gov/2018/Aug/07/2001951441/-1/-1/1/FY2018_LIG_OCO_OIR3_JUN2018_508.PDF
    https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/2019-ATA-SFR---SSCI.pdf

Do they have TDS too?

Even his own intelligence agencies say there are around 17,100 ISIS fighters in Syria and over 30,000 in iraq and Syria combined
    https://media.defense.gov/2018/Aug/07/2001951441/-1/-1/1/FY2018_LIG_OCO_OIR3_JUN2018_508.PDF
    https://www.dni.gov/files/ODNI/documents/2019-ATA-SFR---SSCI.pdf

Do they have TDS too?

Brennan said Russian collusion was true
    Said it many times and made lots of money out of it
    Trump was right when he said you can’t trust the intelligence agencies they are Democrat loyalists and are also incompetent and corrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I’m anxious that the time is going by and the Democrats don’t seem to be any nearer to finding an electable candidate for 2020. Right now it’s looking like another term for Trump and while he’s not doing a bad job I’d like there to be a less bitter campaign then the last one.

Trump was right when he said you can’t trust the intelligence agencies they are Democrat loyalists and are also incompetent and corrupt

citation?

Yeah. Comey caused serious damage to Clinton.

Mueller (according to Trump supporters) cleared him of collusion.

Both Republicans. Your conspiracy theory doesn't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m anxious that the time is going by and the Democrats don’t seem to be any nearer to finding an electable candidate for 2020. Right now it’s looking like another term for Trump and while he’s not doing a bad job I’d like there to be a less bitter campaign then the last one.

There is no stand out candidate coming forward

I like Bernie but he is not going to win the Presidency.

It looks like being a very bitter nomination process.

citation?

The news.
    They lie about wmds they try to hide their incompetence about 9/11
    They allow A bogus steels dossier to come from Hillary to investigate trump
    Their investigation of Hillarys emails was a disgrace
    I could do this all day

I'm anxious that if Trump runs on the same xenophobic race baiting tactic he based his midterm strategy on, he'll get whooped again by any democrat who gets the nomination on a much larger scale...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It will be Biden or Harris with potentially a progressive running mate....

Warren will get torn apart by trump
    Sanders is too progressive and lost momentum
    And Beto just has no chance.... he just has a strange energy about him.... he seeems odd... and also has no real policies... not that seems to matter any more...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Fox news latest poll has Biden leading Trump nationally by 7 points

Poll-2-4.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-biden-sanders-top-democratic-preference

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yeah. Comey caused serious damage to Clinton.

Mueller (according to Trump supporters) cleared him of collusion.

Both Republicans. Your conspiracy theory doesn't add up.

Mueller cleared trump because of zero collusion

Comey was certain Clinton would win and was covering his own ass
    he was worried if he did not admit the Clinton email inquiry was reopened he would not survive as fbi director

People need to think just think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It will be Biden or Harris with potentially a progressive running mate....

Warren will get torn apart by trump
    Sanders is too progressive and lost momentum
    And Beto just has no chance.... he just has a strange energy about him.... he seeems odd... and also has no real policies... not that seems to matter any more...

Biden is too gaff prone, Harris will be the one to watch. Agree that Sanders has lost momentum, he'll do well but not enough to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Biden is too gaff prone, Harris will be the one to watch. Agree that Sanders has lost momentum, he'll do well but not enough to get it.

Biden is definitely not an ideal candidate but might prove to be a suitable foil to trump

Harris is impressive... but I can see the Democratic Party backing the safe option of Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Mueller cleared trump because of zero collusion

Comey was certain Clinton would win and was covering his own ass
    he was worried if he did not admit the Clinton email inquiry was reopened he would not survive as fbi director

People need to think just think

Mueller didnt clear Trump of anything. All we have is a summary of a summary by a republican AG of a report we havent seen..we dont know if there was zero collusion or if there was alot of collusion but not enough to indict. Now i see Mitch McConnell want to block the full report coming out, strange if they think it would clear the president

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Harris isn't going to appeal to people in Midwest and that's where election will be won.

Biden is leading Trump in polls in Iowa, same state Trump nearly won by 10 in 2016. Trump leads Harris comfortably in Iowa.

Biden would be big favourite to beat Trump in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin..the states that won Trump election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Biden seems like the only "trump proof" candidate there. he seems like a guy trump just wouldn't know how to wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Could all of the newly emboldened Trump-supporting, deep-state conspiracy pushing posters please share Mueller's report with me, please?

I'm feeling left out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There is no stand out candidate coming forward

I like Bernie but he is not going to win the Presidency.

It looks like being a very bitter nomination process.

I don’t like Harris or Warren or O’Rourke. They haven’t got a chance anyway. There’s going to be a lot of sniping alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement