Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

There is so much wrong in this tweet I actually don't know where to start with it.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1117844987293487104?s=19

like what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Sadly that's in the realm of wishful thinking, as unless something major changes Trump will be the Republican candidate in 2020. His approval rating among Republicans is 90%, same as it was the day he was inaugurated. In fact his approval ratings overall haven't changed much, 90% among Republicans, and roughly 40% among Independents and 10% among Democrats. That suggests if the election were held today, he would get roughly the same number of votes as 2016. So the task for Democrats is to come up with a likable candidate that will unite the party around a platform that appeals to Democrats and Independents alike, and get the vote out across all demographics unlike in 2016.

This is why I keep saying relentlessly attacking Trump and his supporters won't work, as after almost 2.5 years of bombardment it hasn't moved Trump's approval rating in the slightest. The country is simply too polarized, and it will take a unifying candidate, someone who appeals to Independents (40% of the electorate) to change that. Hopefully that person will emerge from the Democratic field.

I realize it's hard for people outside the US to understand how the hell Trump can maintain his level of popularity among Republicans, but the simple reality is he has focused on what he promised and in many cases delivered on the variety of issues that matter to the various segments of Republicans (fiscal conservatives, social conservatives, Tea Party, Evangelicals, etc.). Whether it's being tough on illegal immigration, lowering taxes, wiping out ISIS, trade deals, etc., these are all issues that are important to Republican voters and the reason he remains popular with them. In all honesty talking to them about Russia and Trump's personal failings and rhetoric is about as relevant as talking
    to them about the recent images of a black hole 55 million light years away, most of them don't give a toss.

ICE was founded in 2003 and even before it the issue of illegals has bedevilled presidents for decades all trying to come up with ways to make it look like they've succeeded in stopping the flow (doing deals with other Pols, changing the legal standing of the illegals). Trump and his Admin have been doing the same so I hope the voter wakes up to the fact that he's as competent as all those other presidents in that regard. If he succeeds in disestablishing ICE, it speaks as to the way he operates, "if it's work doesn't look good for me, I want it gone, period".

He hasn't wiped out ISIS and won't succeed. Isis is an idea in the minds of people (as much as intifada) and can't be destroyed except through agreement with ISIS. Tax cuts are something every politician will give the voter, it ain't something Trump came up with, it's something the bookkeepers figured out for him to look good without busting the bank. As for anything he says about trade deals, the only deal that seems to have been made is the one with Canada & Mexico and that ran into trouble when he tried to hold out for separate deals north and south (if my memory is correct) and didn't succeed.

You're probably right, I don't understand how the average Republican voter can continue to listen and believe Trump while they know he's a liar but won't yet admit that he's been conning them since Jan 2017. What percentage of the republican voter population does that small segment you mentioned amount to? They can't all be breathing in the gas he's pumping out. There has to be thinking brains out there amongst them looking at other prospective candidates within the Republican Party ranks.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

There is so much wrong in this tweet I actually don't know where to start with it.

like what ?

Do you really think that bombing an already delicate 850 year old building with tonnes and tonnes of water is the best way to put out the fire?

He clearly knows nothing about the subject of putting out fires especially one as delicate as Notre Dame but just like his "advice" to Boeing earlier in the day , he just can't help himself.

His unfailing belief in his own genius is breath-taking at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Do you really think that bombing an already delicate 850 year old building with tonnes and tonnes of water is the best way to put out the fire?

He clearly knows nothing about the subject of putting out fires especially one as delicate as Notre Dame but just like his "advice" to Boeing earlier in the day , he just can't help himself.

The hilarious thing is that if you look into the Boeing thing, it's a direct result of cutbacks in oversight. They exact type of thing his administration have been pushing.

The US aviation control is so underresourced that a while back they went to the situation where airlines provide their own safety certs. THEY SELF CERTIFY!!!!

Boeing were in a hurry to get the new plane out so instead of certifying it as separate, they called it the 737 max and avoided training the pilots with regard to the differences. This means that it has different emergeny procedures from other 737's because it's not like them.

2 dead planeloads of people later...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

The Notre Dame fire is an excellent metaphor for what Trump is doing to democracy in the US, and for the depressing rise of the far right all over Europe.

• Advertisement

Midlife wrote: »
    The hilarious thing is that if you look into the Boeing thing, it's a direct result of cutbacks in oversight. They exact type of thing his administration have been pushing.

The US aviation control is so underresourced that a while back they went to the situation where airlines provide their own safety certs. THEY SELF CERTIFY!!!!

Boeing were in a hurry to get the new plane out so instead of certifying it as separate, they called it the 737 max and avoided training the pilots with regard to the differences. This means that it has different emergeny procedures from other 737's because it's not like them.

2 dead planeloads of people later...

Its mad how youve twisted a plane that was certified in march 2017 into somehow donald trumps fault when he had no input till jan 2017 and certification takes a lot longer than 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

like what ?

Well for one, wasn't it enough to say something like what a tragedy, the American people are with you etc without attempting to tell them what to do via twitter? I mean he just can't help himself. As with everything, there's a word or phrase which covers this habit of his. "ultracrepidarian" is my word of the day.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

the roof is donefor anyway, you can use helicopters for more targetted dispersal, its really not the worst idea. nobody is suggesting emptying 100 tonnes on a flyby.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,568 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

the roof is donefor anyway, you can use helicopters for more targetted dispersal, its really not the worst idea. nobody is suggesting emptying 100 tonnes on a flyby.

Thats exactly how it would have to be done, you could hardly hover over it in a helicopter!

Thats exactly how it would have to be done, you could hardly hover over it in a helicopter!

im not too up on the mechanics of it but as with some wildfires and the federation tower fire, helicopters can be used in some cases.

Im not saying for one second donny knows what he's on about here but it is a suggestion sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Nobody knows more about putting out fires than me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Its mad how youve twisted a plane that was certified in march 2017 into somehow donald trumps fault when he had no input till jan 2017 and certification takes a lot longer than 3 months.
    Republicans controlled the Presidency, and both Houses of Congress in 2017 (and indeed for 2 years either side). It was on their watch. Who else could be to blame?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭JRant

looksee wrote: »
    But surely if presidential candidate were required to show their tax returns then neither party would put forward someone who refused to do so? Then no-one would be disenfranchised?

Alternatively, are you suggesting that only Republicans might have dodgy tax situations?

Absolutely, if they don't show their tax returns than it's only right they shouldn't be allowed run. It ensures every candidate has their own tax affairs in order, which should be a bare minimum in my book.

In much the same vein, I think voter ID is a must as well. This ensures every voter is actually entitled to vote and is standard in nearly all functional democracies.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

In no way did I suggest Trump was responsible.

I'm simply saying that slack regulations are exactly the type of thing that corporate America does, that he's pushing, and that ultimatly lead to disaster.

My point is that he doesn't mention the clear fault of weak regulation, or responsibility for a few hundred dead. He simply says 'rebrand the plane'.

marno21 wrote: »
    Republicans controlled the Presidency, and both Houses of Congress in 2017 (and indeed for 2 years either side). It was on their watch. Who else could be to blame?

Well the FAA were granted permission to allow airlines certify their own product by Congress in 2003 and Beoing received approval from the FAA in 2009 to self-regulate. So it seems that this has been allowed for some time by multiple adminstrations. Laying this on Trump is a weak argument when the blame lies solely with Beoing IMO.

Here is a good article on it, which I'm sure you'll see has both sides of the political divide condemning what has happened.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.businessinsider.com/faa-let-boeing-self-regulate-software-believed-737-max-crashes-2019-3&ved=2ahUKEwj00-Cd5dLhAhX0QxUIHftJARUQFjAJegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3WXrJAJ5lC7eI64REXriuQ&ampcf=1

JRant wrote: »
    Well the FAA were granted permission to allow airlines certify their own product by Congress in 2003 and Beoing received approval from the FAA in 2009 to self-regulate. So it seems that this has been allowed for some time by multiple adminstrations. Laying this on Trump is a weak argument when the blame lies solely with Beoing IMO.

Here is a good article on it, which I'm sure you'll see has both sides of the political divide condemning what has happened.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.businessinsider.com/faa-let-boeing-self-regulate-software-believed-737-max-crashes-2019-3&ved=2ahUKEwj00-Cd5dLhAhX0QxUIHftJARUQFjAJegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3WXrJAJ5lC7eI64REXriuQ&ampcf=1

Boeing self-certified.

The pharma companies were tasked with reporting any suspiciously large opiod ordering patterns themselves.

Dodgy mortgages pushed becasue the banks need them for profitability.

Alll the same problem at heart. Not Republician or Democrat. Just what happens when you allow markets to regulate themselves.

I think it was Lenin who said 'a capitalist will sell rope to his own hangman'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The French civil defence and crisis management agency have dismissed President Trump’s suggestion that flying water tankers could put the fire out.

“The drop of water by air on this type of building could result in the collapse of the entire structure along with the firefighers who are currently doing their best to save Notre Dame,” it tweeted.

“Helicopter or airplane, the weight of the water and the intensity of the drop at low altitude could weaken the structure of Notre-Dame and result in collateral damage to the buildings in the vicinity.”

Quelle surprise

Midlife wrote: »
    Boeing self-certified.

The pharma companies were tasked with reporting any suspiciously large opiod ordering patterns themselves.

Dodgy mortgages pushed becasue the banks need them for profitability.

Alll the same problem at heart. Not Republician or Democrat. Just what happens when you allow markets to regulate themselves.

I think it was Lenin who said 'a capitalist will sell rope to his own hangman'

Couldn’t agree more. The large Pharma companies used to “self-regulate” until it was shown they were pumping all sorts of chemicals into the environment. It took strong regulation to get them in check.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1117807221310664704?s=19

A perfect example of evangelical disillusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

im not too up on the mechanics of it but as with some wildfires and the federation tower fire, helicopters can be used in some cases.

Im not saying for one second donny knows what he's on about here but it is a suggestion sure.

I'm guessing the French Crisis Management services know more than Donald about putting out fires. It's not the first time he's called out crisis management services with no tangible basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's just baffling to see him suggesting something.

A more obvious example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, you will never see.

How could someone have so little self-awareness to think anyone gave a ****e about his uninformed views on firefighting?
    It's hard to imagine the mindset. What sort of strange hamsterwheel of gibberish does his internal monologue look like?

It's a pity we don't have the technology to examine it. I feel like it would be highly informative to policy makers if they could inhabit the mind of someone utterly divorced from reality and incapable of rational thought.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Many Trump supporters have been saying that for over 2 years, the DNC never ran on a policy, they only ran on an Anti-Trump message.

Its too late now for them to turn ship.

Trump has already accomplished so much on REAL issues, the economy, regulation reform, jail reform, small buisness investment support, trade deals, the list goes on and on .

Other than AOCs Green New Deal, the left dont have any policys left they can run on, that Trump hasnt already made inroads on.

For them to jump on one of Trumps policys now will just be an endorsement of Trump Administration, and in the debate all the progress the TRump admin has made (that was ignored by the main stream media in their 2 year Mueller madness) will be laid out for all to see.

Now if only the same thing was applied to forums.
    Instead of all this anti-Trump rhetoric from the left, imagine if hte left actually put forward THEIR policys on issues in a forum.

The DNC ran on a 'we arent Trump campaign' , without putting forward much ideas of their own, same as this forum in many ways.
    Christy42 wrote: »
    This is revisionism of the highest order.

In the 2016 campaign Hillary had a pretty detailed policy website on what she would do. Whatever else you say about her, she really understood policy and how to implement them. It was her thing but it was nowhere near as entertaining as Trump making up schoolboy nicknames so people didn't bother looking it up.

Trump had a wall, "healthcare will easy" and I will bring back jobs (though left the detail of it to the imagination). That is not a policy driven campaign.

Aside from that his entire campaign was about locking up his opponent, hating foreigners (Mexican are rapists, well some I guess are good people), Muslim ban. He still has little policy outside of trying to reverse whatever Obama did.

There was nothing revisionist about my post. In fact its all freely available public record.

Ive said it before and I will say it again, Trump had a huge number of stated policy positions . You and most anti-Trump supporters probably think his very long rallys during the campaign were filled with 90 mins of people chanting 'build the wall, or lock her up ' . You can blame your own main stream media and even the Boards moderators for being under that false allusion (the mods around here prevent a person posting a link to a Trump rally, so I guess you can understand why no anti-Trumpers know what was siad in them) .

Trump put forward plenty policy positions during his campaign rallys. I can recall many of them , get out of TPP, adjust NATO spending, increase US military spending, address the opioid crisis, bring manufacturing jobs back, get rid of small business regulations, repeal Obama care, addres the immigration crisis, the list goes on and on. I dont even need to goole it, he spoke at length on all these topics many many times in many many rallys pre-election, many of which I watched.

So to claim the Hilary had better policy understanding cos she had a website (when in fact all she had was doing was NOT appearing in press conferences or rallys, flying over much of the mid-west states she lost cos she was doing he east coast west coast fund raising thing.
    whilst Trump was out there meeting the crowds and speaking on many many policy positions.. well thats revisionism of the highest order.

And yes many on the right and even in the centre have been saying for years that the DNC and the left need to get back on policy and create an identity that isnt just 'NOT Trump' .

But like I said its too late now, Trump has stolen a march on all the issues.

Id be fairly confident in saying that most anti-Trumpers couldnt name 5 policys of Hilary without having to google them .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1117807221310664704?s=19

A perfect example of evangelical disillusion.

Well, I guess they'll likely never have another president that will have broken as many of the ten commandments, so from "biblical" perspective he probably he the best example of how the bible says someone should not live their life

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Already more civilians killed in 2 years than 8 years of Obama https://www.newsweek.com/president-trumps-isis-war-course-double-obamas-civilian-deaths-637538
    https://www.newsweek.com/civilian-casualties-rise-164-percent-yemen-war-1140243

And now Trump no longer wants to report deaths http://time.com/5546366/trump-cancels-drone-strike-rule/

Amazing US media is no longer interested in drone strikes despite a massive increase since 2017

Maybe you dont count the hundreds of thousands who died during the Syrian Civil war or post it as ISIS establish their caliphate as blood on the hands of Obama and his State Department. Whilst Obama drew and redrew and redrew his line in the sand those monsters moved further west inflicting huge suffering on millions of civilians... and you think Trump is the issue due to collateral damage in drone strikes as he tries to clean up the ungodly mess Obama left.

War is horrible , slavery is worse. WSC .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

There was nothing revisionist about my post. In fact its all freely available public record.

Ive said it before and I will say it again, Trump had a huge number of stated policy positions . You and most anti-Trump supporters probably think his very long rallys during the campaign were filled with 90 mins of people chanting 'build the wall, or lock her up ' . You can blame your own main stream media and even the Boards moderators for being under that false allusion (the mods around here prevent a person posting a link to a Trump rally, so I guess you can understand why no anti-Trumpers know what was siad in them) .

Trump put forward plenty policy positions during his campaign rallys. I can recall many of them , get out of TPP, adjust NATO spending, increase US military spending, address the opioid crisis, bring manufacturing jobs back, get rid of small business regulations, repeal Obama care, addres the immigration crisis, the list goes on and on. I dont even need to goole it, he spoke at length on all these topics many many times in many many rallys pre-election, many of which I watched.

So to claim the Hilary had better policy understanding cos she had a website (when in fact all she had was doing was NOT appearing in press conferences or rallys, flying over much of the mid-west states she lost cos she was doing he east coast west coast fund raising thing.
    whilst Trump was out there meeting the crowds and speaking on many many policy positions.. well thats revisionism of the highest order.

And yes many on the right and even in the centre have been saying for years that the DNC and the left need to get back on policy and create an identity that isnt just 'NOT Trump' .

Id be fairly confident in saying that most anti-Trumpers couldnt name 5 policys of Hilary without having to google them .

These are not policies, they are talking points. He was quite clear about what he thought should be done, he lacked the detail on how it should be done. That's the difference between a talking point and a policy.

For instance - we are going to get a handle on illegal immigration by building a wall. Mexico will pay for the wall. How is this going to be actually achieved?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Christy42

Many Trump supporters have been saying that for over 2 years, the DNC never ran on a policy, they only ran on an Anti-Trump message.

Its too late now for them to turn ship.

Trump has already accomplished so much on REAL issues, the economy, regulation reform, jail reform, small buisness investment support, trade deals, the list goes on and on .

Other than AOCs Green New Deal, the left dont have any policys left they can run on, that Trump hasnt already made inroads on.

For them to jump on one of Trumps policys now will just be an endorsement of Trump Administration, and in the debate all the progress the TRump admin has made (that was ignored by the main stream media in their 2 year Mueller madness) will be laid out for all to see.

Now if only the same thing was applied to forums.
    Instead of all this anti-Trump rhetoric from the left, imagine if hte left actually put forward THEIR policys on issues in a forum.

The DNC ran on a 'we arent Trump campaign' , without putting forward much ideas of their own, same as this forum in many ways.
    This is revisionism of the highest order.

In the 2016 campaign Hillary had a pretty detailed policy website on what she would do. Whatever else you say about her, she really understood policy and how to implement them. It was her thing but it was nowhere near as entertaining as Trump making up schoolboy nicknames so people didn't bother looking it up.

Trump had a wall, "healthcare will easy" and I will bring back jobs (though left the detail of it to the imagination). That is not a policy driven campaign.

Aside from that his entire campaign was about locking up his opponent, hating foreigners (Mexican are rapists, well some I guess are good people), Muslim ban. He still has little policy outside of trying to reverse whatever Obama did.

Err he said repeal and replace Obamacare. He refused to say what he would replace it with. Even when it was being debated in congress he refused to have an opinion on something he thought was going to be so easy.

As has been pointed out policy requires details. These are vague talking points. Similarly more jobs is not a policy. Everyone says that. It is why people tried to pin him down on his policy about the wall, how it would be paid for, what it was made out of etc.

He just says vague talking points. Anyone can do that. Trump's main ability was shouting talking points he was given louder than others.

Ah yes. Trump has all the issues now does he. Healthcare should be no bother. Looking forward to his plan.

Err he said repeal and replace Obamacare. He refused to say what he would replace it with. Even when it was being debated in congress he refused to have an opinion on something he thought was going to be so easy.

As has been pointed out policy requires details. These are vague talking points. Similarly more jobs is not a policy. Everyone says that. It is why people tried to pin him down on his policy about the wall, how it would be paid for, what it was made out of etc.

He just says vague talking points. Anyone can do that. Trump's main ability was shouting talking points he was given louder than others.

Ah yes. Trump has all the issues now does he. Healthcare should be no bother. Looking forward to his plan.

US unemployment is at its lowest in decades.
    Emplyment rates in minority Asian, Black communities near all time highs in modern times
    Small business community confidence near record highs.
    Small business startups booming again
    Over 400,000 US manufacturing jobs have been added on his watch

and all you can say is ... more jobs is not a policy.... he has vague talking points

Its moved way beyond policy, its moved into the realm of FACT and REALITY .
    Reduction in regulations, buisness friendly tax reforms, apprenticiship programs, job training initiatives, all program enactments of stated pre-election policy.

The US jobs market is booming.

You can apply the same analysis to many (not all) of Trumps campiagn promises and policys , most have been delivered on or made in roads on .

Policy becomes FACT and REALITY with the TRump administration .

In your own words, all Hilary had was a website .
    I guess no one can recall any of her policys without having to google them .

And all the anti-Trumpers cvan come up with is 'more jobs is not a policy.'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/10/16/the-trump-manufacturing-jobs-boom-10-times-obamas-over-21-months/
    Comparing the last 21 months of the Obama administration with the first 21 months of Trump’s, shows that under Trump’s watch, more than 10 times the number of manufacturing jobs were added.
    At a town hall in June 2016, President Obama famously said that some manufacturing jobs “are just not going to come back.” He went on to mock then-candidate Trump by saying he’d need a “magic wand” to make good on this manufacturing job promises.

Months later, as the shock of a President-elect Donald Trump was still being absorbed, New York Times columnist and economist Paul Krugman tweeted on November 25, 2016, “Nothing policy can do will bring back those lost jobs. The service sector is the future of work; but nobody wants to hear it.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

https://twitter.com/SecCivileFrance/status/1117874924268376064?s=20

To anyone rational defending Trump's ridiculous suggestion, this should be a lightbulb moment, as in, "Ok, these guys know what they're talking about and maybe I just shut my trap on this occasion".
    But to a proper Trump supporter, this means "ignore, double down, Trump's right, argue, argue, argue".
    This very neatly shows up who supports Trump by default and ignores sense, reason, logic and reality. Whose view is so entrenched and encrusted that they simply cannot concede even the smallest point.
    There. Is. No. Arguing. Here.

https://twitter.com/SecCivileFrance/status/1117874924268376064?s=20

To anyone rational defending Trump's ridiculous suggestion, this should be a lightbulb moment, as in, "Ok, these guys know what they're talking about and maybe I just shut my trap on this occasion".
    But to a proper Trump supporter, this means "ignore, double down, Trump's right, argue, argue, argue".
    This very neatly shows up who supports Trump by default and ignores sense, reason, logic and reality. Whose view is so entrenched and encrusted that they simply cannot concede even the smallest point.
    There. Is. No. Arguing. Here.

Paris citizens are up in arms , most Parisians are questioning where were all the fire houses, why did it take so long to get them in place, why was there only one or 2 hoses in action, why was there no special equipment available ..

Trump is bang on the money.

Act fast , and get some water on that fire. (he might have been wrong about using a Canadair) but his points still stand

And 100% of Parisians I spoke to this morning are all in agreement with what he said (albeit they probably dont know or care he made these points, they are more concerened about thier city.).

But yes thousands, in fact tens of thousands are asking similar questions, why were the fire service so slow and where was the water hoses.

People who live in Paris have woken up with many questions about the Fire Service reaction, and 99% of what I have heard so far is not positive. French radio and all the Parisian stations are carrying the same questions .

So Trump was pretty much right , again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

At what point do posters deem it the better option to wait when Trump says something.

Last night, Trump basically stated that far from doing everything possible (as 1st responders do in the US) the French were simply standing by and letting ND burn to the ground as they had no plan and no idea how to handle it.

But as usual Trump is shown to be completely out of his depth and talking from a position of ignorance.

Why do these supporters continue to make fools of themselves by coming on here and defending him, making up nuanched talking points and then always, always, some hours later Trump and themselves are shown to be completely and utterly wrong.

Why not take the cautious approach and wait to see how things develop? At nearly every occasion Trump 1st utterances are shown to be ignorant and just plain lies. Why do you still put your own credibility on the line time after time when the clear evidence is that you will be shown to be wrong yet again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement