Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Barr presser @ 9:30 ET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Barr presser @ 9:30 ET

So 2.30 our time I guess. Link is live now

Report won't be public until 4pm our time

We'll have to wait and see, but Barr has repeated that the special council found "No evidence of any Americans conspiring, No evidence of any collusion".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Trump must be glued to this with his big mac and lovin it :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

This is like a propaganda speech on behalf of Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Barr is a ridiculous character ! rod rosenstein face says a lot !

This is like a love letter press conference to Mr. Trump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

No collusion.4 more yrs

There were 10 times that Mueller could not determine if Trump obstructed justice. 10 Times!

• Advertisement

someone needs to ask rod rosenstein something !!!

barr on the 2020 ticket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I'll be interested to hear Congress's interpretation of the report, but on the plus side, at least we now know that Trump is just ignorant and stupid, as opposed to being ignorant, stupid and working for Putin!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

kilns wrote: »
    There were 10 times that Mueller could not determine if Trump obstructed justice. 10 Times!

What's the direct quote on that as I believe it's Barr's decision/interpretation on whether it counts as obstruction of justice, not Mueller's

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I'll be interested to hear Congress's interpretation of the report, but on the plus side, at least we now know that Trump is just ignorant and stupid, as opposed to being ignorant, stupid and working for Putin!

'Useful idiot' I believe the term is

duploelabs wrote: »
    What's the direct quote on that as I believe it's Barr's decision/interpretation on whether it counts as obstruction of justice, not Mueller's

Mueller found 10 episodes that had elements of obstruction of justice and he left it to Barr to determine if it was, he failed to answer afterwards why they couldnt be pursued, was it because he is a sitting president etc

At the end of the day, this episode is over now, his critics arent going to get any blood out of him now based on this.

If the Dems (and the majority of Americans) want him out they just have to run a bloody good campaign

At the end of the day, this episode is over now, his critics arent going to get any blood out of him now based on this.

If the Dems (and the majority of Americans) want him out they just have to run a bloody good campaign
    What???

While I fully agree with your second paragraph, I don't know how you can say the episode is "over now". Sure, the actual report hasn't been released yet....

This is like a propaganda speech on behalf of Trump

The pieces about the redaction process and executive privilege decisions were welcome IMO.

The 'Poor Donnie" pity party crapola was not so welcome....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Based on the effort that went into this pointless sideshow and Trump's recent tweets, the report should be fairly interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What???

While I fully agree with your second paragraph, I don't know how you can say the episode is "over now". Sure, the actual report hasn't been released yet....

The report is irrelevant. Neither side will back down due to how tribal US politics is, Trumps people will claim bigly innocence, while the likes of Maddow and other conspiracy lovers such as Seth Abramson are going to scream "COLLUSION" as that is where the money is for them. Majority of people have their mind made up and nothing today is going to change that.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What???

The report is irrelevant. Neither side will back down due to how tribal US politics is, Trumps people will claim bigly innocence, while the likes of Maddow and other conspiracy lovers such as Seth Abramson are going to scream "COLLUSION" as that is where the money is for them. Majority of people have their mind made up and nothing today is going to change that.
    I absolutely disagree that the report is irrelevant in any way. We still have heard NOTHING from Mueller.. All we've heard from is Barr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Facts don't care about people's feelings:

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/1118872233064030208

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Facts don't care about people's feelings:

There's only one "fact" that matters, and you'll get to see it in black and white in an official report in about 20 minutes time, not from some blue checkmark on twitter trying to save face among their deluded followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But the Barr Presser today basically said all of that. He stated that Russia interfered.

Trump now needs to answer what he intends to do in response to this 'new' information and how he feels after being so duped by Putin. Will he offer an apology to the security services which appear to have done their job whilst Trump failed to do his.

Even without the report, that in itself is pretty damaging to Trump. He has been made a fool of by Putin. He took the side of Putin over his own security services and has been found to be completely wrong. That in of itself should be enough for the CiC to step down.

We know that Trump Jr met with Russian in a bid to get info.

So rather than attacking the tweeter, how about you deal with the points raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

peddlelies wrote: »
    There's only one "fact" that matters, and you'll get to see it in black and white in an official report in about 20 minutes time, not from some blue checkmark on twitter trying to save face among their deluded followers.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the unredacted version of this report.

The main reason Trump was demeaning the whole thing or not wanting to acknowledge the significance of it is because it's undermining to his Presidency, by doing so he'll be self admitting that he didn't win legitimately. He wanted to brush it off as an nothing issue, and if he publicly stated Russia were helping him he'd also be shooting himself in the foot. Now you can argue whether that's true or not ( He won because of the email dumps ), but that's a different argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

peddlelies wrote: »
    The main reason Trump was demeaning the whole thing or not wanting to acknowledge the significance of it is because it's undermining to his Presidency, be doing so he'll be self admitting that he didn't win legitimately. He wanted to brush it off as an nothing issue, and if he publicly stated Russia were helping him he'd also be shooting himself in the foot. Now you can argue whether that's true or not ( He won because of the email dumps ), but that's a different argument.

Also his team was having secret meetings with the Russians and denying it.

That would have looked real bad if it came out before the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So he slated the entire security services, took the side of Putin all because he didn't want to feel bad?

Thats about as good an excuse as Barr claiming he was frustrated!

So basically we have a POTUS can is easily manipulated and unable to deal with anything negative.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

so ...
    2 years, 20-30 DOJ officials , tens of thousands of documents , hundreds of supoenas , wall to wall 24x7 mainstram media (99% anti-Trump ) coverage of Russian collusions

and we have

NO Executive privelege.
    NO White House redactions .
    No collusion (with the Rusians) of any American citizens
    no collusion (with the Russians) of any Trump campaign officials
    No Collusion (with the Russians) by Trump
    No obstruction of justice.

Its over for the left and main stream media .

Roll on 2020, this will provide endless material for the Trump re-election campaign.

A great day for the Trump administration .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement