Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Also his team was having secret meetings with the Russians and denying it.

That would have looked real bad if it came out before the election.

How many of those "secret meetings" involved conspiracy? The Don JR tower meeting a major thing that holds significant weight and I totally understand why people believe based on that why something underhanded were going in. I'd put the whole thing down to JR being an idiot more than anything else, he should not have replied to the email, especially in the manner that he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

peddlelies wrote: »
    How many of those "secret meetings" involved conspiracy? The Don JR tower meeting a major thing that holds significant weight and I totally understand why people believe based on that why something underhanded were going in. I'd put the whole thing down to JR being an idiot more than anything else, he should not have replied to the email, especially in the manner that he did.

I genuinely don't know as regards conspiracy but again I've not read the report. It's a pretty bad look to be denying something for months then it comes out that it happened. If nothing untoward was going on, why deny it?

And I'd agree, JR is a massive idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

This is literally like an argument that an offender's mammy would make in juvenile court.

"They were nasty to him, what did you expect him to do?"

The excuse for obstruction of justice is literally that Trump is a snowflake and had hurt feelings so he should be allowed do whatever he wants.

The US is the laughing stock of the world.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1118881363812339713

Leroy42 wrote: »
    So he slated the entire security services, took the side of Putin all because he didn't want to feel bad?

Perhaps he doesn't trust them given they were surveilling his campaign based on people who were never charged for conspiring ( Page, Papa etc ) and Fisa warrants based on opposition research, that now looks like complete rubbish.

Anyway, if you think he reacted individually different to Putin and it's a unique case, look at his recent comments on Kim Jung un and the guy in Brazil. Same shít, different dictator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

RIGOLO wrote:
    A great day for the Trump administration .

Well according to Trump's mouthpieces yes. Let's see what the actual report says and decide for ourselves, thank you very much.

• Advertisement

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    This is literally like an argument that an offender's mammy would make in juvenile court.

If there was no intent to cover up a crime you get to walk free, or have you forgotten 2016 already. That's the precedent that was set by those defending that investigation. You can even go further than Trump did, you can destroy evidence after subpoenas with hammers if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

RIGOLO wrote: »
    so ...
    2 years, 20-30 DOJ officials , tens of thousands of documents , hundreds of supoenas , wall to wall 24x7 mainstram media (99% anti-Trump ) coverage of Russian collusions

and we have

NO Executive privelege.
    NO White House redactions .
    No collusion (with the Rusians) of any American citizens
    no collusion (with the Russians) of any Trump campaign officials
    No Collusion (with the Russians) by Trump
    No obstruction of justice.

Its over for the left and main stream media .

Roll on 2020, this will provide endless material for the Trump re-election campaign.

A great day for the Trump administration .

hold your horses there cowboy, 10 episodes of obstruction of justice which Mueller did not want to make a call on and left Barr to make a call on them and Barr refused to answer was it because you cannot indict a sitting president

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I genuinely don't know as regards conspiracy but again I've not read the report. It's a pretty bad look to be denying something for months then it comes out that it happened. If nothing untoward was going on, why deny it?

And I'd agree, JR is a massive idiot.

I might be totally wrong here, but from what I remember, those JR emails were already in possession of investigators before they were public. He freely handed them over when they began the initial investigations.

Also 4PM now, report should be public.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Well according to Trump's mouthpieces yes. Let's see what the actual report says and decide for ourselves, thank you very much.

By mouthpiece, I suspect you are referring to The Attorney General of the United States .

Theres no need to decide for ourselves.

Thats the job of the Prosceutor and he spent 25 million, 2 years, 20-30 DOJ officials , tens of thousands of documents , hundreds of supoenas , to make that decision .

Robert Muller has already decided for us ....

and as for the report
    NO Executive privelege.
    NO White House redactions .

its done and dusted .

I expect the left are in meltdown, it took them 6 months to accept the result of the election, some have still not and never will, I wont be surprised if it takes them another 6 months to accept the results of the report , and some will never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

There's only one "fact" that matters, and you'll get to see it in black and white in an official report in about 20 minutes time, not from some blue checkmark on twitter trying to save face among their deluded followers.

I'm not sure who you're referring to here? Glenn Greenwald? Matt Taibbi? Michael Tracey?

Those who have continually called things so wrong that they should never be taken seriously ever again, if they ever were in the first place?

Facts matter, not the propaganda of a PR shill in Barr who has a long history of corrupt practices - that's about as much worth as soiled toilet roll.

Facts don't change because of propaganda.

Democrats need to impeach, like, yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Trump probably should not be taking a victory lap yet, but the meltdown from those who screamed collusion and speculated about Trump been a Russian agent constantly for years is undignified.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1118891884028538880

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So why all the lies about interactions with Russians?

If there was no crime, why all the repeated lies and denials?

They lied because the know it would look really bad.. They didn't stop having the meetings though , they just continued to lie.

Also , in terms of the hacking etc. it was telling that Barr felt it necessary to explain that sharing hacked information isn't technically illegal if the person sharing it wasn't directly involved in the actual hack.

So - that means that the Trump team did receive hacked information and did share it and they knew it was hacked/stolen.

Not technically illegal , but certainly morally very dodgy , especially when they knew it was information hacked by a foreign entity deliberately trying to undermine US elections to their benefit.

Not collusion because they didn't "ask" for it , but still probably qualifies under the broader terms of "High Crimes & misdemeanors" as part of Impeachment - Which will not happen under the current House/Senate, given the utterly partizan nature of both.

I'm not sure who you're referring to here? Glenn Greenwald? Matt Taibbi? Michael Tracey?

Those who have continually called things so wrong that they should never be taken seriously ever again, if they ever were in the first place?

Facts matter, not the propaganda of a PR shill in Barr who has a long history of corrupt practices - that's about as much worth as soiled toilet roll.

Facts don't change because of propaganda.

Democrats need to impeach, like, yesterday.

Facts do indeed matter ..

and after Robert Mueller spent spent 25 million, 2 years, 20-30 DOJ officials , tens of thousands of documents , hundreds of supoenas etc etc .

HE COULDNT FIND ANY FACTS .

Democrats need to impeach ... for what ...
    Trump and the Administration have been exonerated , like I always knew they would.

I don't get why so many high profile Democrats are coming out with potentially regrettable statements when they could just wait another while and read it, and then post informed statements.

Donald Trump 45th President of The United States will be giving a press conference shortly .

You have to admire their handling and timing on all of this .
    First the AG Barrs press conference, now Trump Confernce, then the report (redacted) goes to select Congress members and then a public report (redacted) goes out.

Superbly handled .

I don't rely on twitter feeds to base my opinion on, I'm perfectly capable of independent thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Here's the report, in case anyone's interested.

It was a bit cringy from Barr though, how wonderfully supportive Trump has been and he understandably was frustrated etc etc

But at the end of the day this isnt the report that the Don should be worried about because its scope was so narrow its the one with the SDNY

I don't get why so many high profile Democrats are coming out with potentially regrettable statements when they could just wait another while and read it, and then post informed statements.

They have been coming out with those sort of statements for 2 years.. they cant stop themselves, its become part of their psyche and ingrained in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Donald Trump 45th President of The United States will be giving a press conference shortly .

You have to admire their handling and timing on all of this .
    First the AG Barrs press conference, now Trump Confernce, then the report (redacted) goes to select Congress members and then a public report (redacted) goes out.

Superbly handled .

If by "superbly handled" you mean an unsubtle attempt at misleading framing then sure, knock yourself out but most people can see past that.

• Advertisement

And... it's gone. Must be overloaded with traffic

Edit: half working now

Report is out and he did not follow an approach to press charges for obstruction of justice because a sitting president cannot be indicted

kilns wrote: »
    Report is out and he did not follow an approach to press charges for obstruction of justice because a sitting president cannot be indicted

Where are you reading this? It's the third time you've said it.

Don Jnr communicated directly with Wikileaks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

" I was right all along" - everyone.

kilns wrote: »
    Don Jnr communicated directly with Wikileaks

Can you be more specific about the points you're making?

It's already public knowledge that Don JR messaged with Julian Assange over twitter.

Are you talking about something different?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod Note

Folks, please heed the mod warning. If you're going to keep getting personal, we'll start issuing sanctions.
    Mod Note

Gentle reminder of the charter:
    NEVER attack a poster. Attack the content of their post. (You can tell someone that their opinion is based on incomplete or incorrect information, but do not call them an idiot.)

And also of this:
    nesf wrote: »
    media_httpimgskitchcom20090726nkcke5k2pcrgx4e2gt9ifgiyhkjpg_HiprbesEtEEevjH.jpg

What's acceptable: The top 3 levels.
    What's not acceptable/discouraged: The bottom 4 levels.

The bottom two levels can get people banned, please don't resort to these.

Further reading:
    Further explanation of the above
    A list of fallacious arguments and how to spot them

Thanks go to Darragh one of our Community Managers for finding these.

Debate the topic at hand please rather than taking potshots of other posters. If your post involves stuff like "it's typical of you" or "people like you", it doesn't belong here.

Trump has been saying NO COLLUSION for 2 years .

The left and anti-Trumpers, and main stream media have been banging the COLLUSION drum for over 2 years.

And here is what the Mueller Report has to say on that matter ..
    “investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

Its funny that in the report Trump is quoted as saying "I´m ****ed" after the appointment of Mueller and when Sessions recused himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Trump has been saying NO COLLUSION for 2 years .

The left and anti-Trumpers, and main stream media have been banging the COLLUSION drum for over 2 years.

And here is what the Mueller Report has to say on that matter ..

The mainstream media in America isn't left wing. There is no left wing in America.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement