Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The mainstream media in America isn't left wing. There is no left wing in America.

Its hilarious when Americans call some democrats radical left wing, when in truth if they are more centrists

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Trump has been saying NO COLLUSION for 2 years .

The left and anti-Trumpers, and main stream media have been banging the COLLUSION drum for over 2 years.

And here is what the Mueller Report has to say on that matter ..

It actually says that they found links between the Russians and Trump campaign, but there's not sustainable evidence to call collusion.

To me that sounds like someone actually did collude, but they didn't get caught. What does it say to you?

Mueller gave 14 cases to other attorney offices, 12 have been redacted in the report. Cohan and Greg Craig and the known ones. Do we know them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

kilns wrote: »
    Its hilarious when Americans call some democrats radical left wing, when in truth if they are more centrists

Yeah and this is Irish people mistaking left and right and taking sides. I thought we're meant to observers enjoying the craziness of American politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

It actually says that they found links between the Russians and Trump campaign, but there's not sustainable evidence to call collusion.

To me that sounds like someone actually did collude, but they didn't get caught. What does it say to you?

Solid spin. If a big bad Russian sent an email to my gmail account right now, would that constitute a link. What if one approached me on the street? What If i had a meeting with Russian businessmen? You're going to be meeting with all sorts of people during an election campaign, and those associated with the campaign don't exactly have a cut off point. You see where I'm going?

The fact is not one American conspired with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election. Nobody, Nada.

• Advertisement

kilns wrote: »
    Its funny that in the report Trump is quoted as saying "I´m ****ed" after the appointment of Mueller and when Sessions recused himself

He was right based on what he said next.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1118897853043302400

If for nothing else, the whole 22 months is worth it, just for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

peddlelies wrote: »
    Solid spin. If a big bad Russian sent an email to my gmail account right now, would that constitute a link. What if one approached me on the street? What If i had a meeting with Russian businessmen? You see where I'm going?

The fact is not one American conspired with Russia to interfere in the 2016 election. Nobody, Nada.

Your wording and your opinions would suggest that you're not prepared to take a step back from this and think rationally.

The truth in this matter and what it means is quite obvious if you would take a step back and cease flag waving.

Midlife wrote: »
    Your wording and your opinions would suggest that you're not prepared to take a step back from this and think rationally.

The truth in this matter and what it means is quite obvious if you would take a step back and cease flag waving.

I find an awful amount of irony in the Russiagators telling others ( who called this thing right from the beginning ) to step back and think rationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Solid spin. If a big bad Russian sent an email to my gmail account right now, would that constitute a link. What if one approached me on the street? What If i had a meeting with Russian businessmen? You're going to be meeting with all sorts of people during an election campaign, and those associated with the campaign don't exactly have a cut off point. You see where I'm going?

That's fair enough. I admit I didn't think of it this way and you might be right.

The Russian activities are detailed in the report and I'll read them properly when I get home and see what exactly was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I do hope the Democrats bring Mueller to testify .
    Among other things it will keep the NO COLLUSION story front and centre.
    It will continue to expose and remind us all of the Democrats , the left , the main stream media rabid 2 year witch hunt.
    But more importantly it will allow Republicans to also grill Mueller, Im sure they will have some superb questions for Mueller and the deep state Democrat led push for the investigation

I suspect at this stage Nancy and the Dems will want to bury this whole episode , and move on, the blowback on Democrats, the left and the main stream media has been epic.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Solid spin. If a big bad Russian sent an email to my gmail account right now, would that constitute a link. What if one approached me on the street? What If i had a meeting with Russian businessmen? You see where I'm going?

As Barr was very explicit in calling out , it's technically not illegal to shared hacked information if you weren't involved in the hack either by physically doing it or by asking for it to be done.

Barr then said (not exact quote) - "based on those terms , no one in the Trump team is guilty of a crime"

So - They got emails or whatever from people they knew to be Russians and were involved in the dissemination of information they knew was stolen/hacked.

They didn't call the FBI and tell them that a foreign government was trying to subvert their nations democratic process , no , they used that information to benefit the Trump campaign.

As I said in an earlier post whilst technically not illegal , in a normal functioning world not utterly destroyed by partisanship that right there is absolutely cast-iron impeachable behaviour.

Basically all of Trumps written answers including I cannot recall or I have no recollection. That includes the famous Trump Tower meeting

Quin_Dub wrote: »

So - They got emails or whatever from people they knew to be Russians and were involved in the dissemination of information they knew was stolen/hacked.

Can you link to this please? I haven't time to read the report now.

Or do you mean after they went public? If you do, there isn't a political campaign on planet earth that wouldn't have done the same thing.

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1118897853043302400

If for nothing else, the whole 22 months is worth it, just for this.

I dont think thats an impeachable offense.

I do agree with you on one thing .
    It has been worth the 22 months , the blowback on Democrats, the left , the anti-Trumpers and the main stream media has been worth it.

And more importantly the whole 22 months were worth it cos it will all help Trump and his 2020 campaign.

I find an awful amount of irony in the Russiagators telling others to step back and think rationally.

Nice quip.

To be honest I'm just judging you by your posts. I feel you know that you're being dishonest with this.

Admitting some wrongdoing doesn't mean your side loses or even that it's too bad.

At this point with all the lies, communicating with Russians with intent, potential collusion and so on, if someone is not prepared to find any fault on Trump campaigns side, they're being willfully ignorant.

This isn't a sports match. it demands a level of debate that goes beyond 'my team good, yours bad'.

Trump told McGahan to sack Mueller after he found out he was investigating him for obstruction. McGahan refused, we know what happened to McGahan then

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DeborahLQ

I am hesitant jumping into this discussion, looks pretty involved and complicated and opinionated, much like U.S. politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

DeborahLQ wrote: »
    I am hesitant jumping into this discussion, looks pretty involved and complicated and opinionated, much like U.S. politics.

Tbh it is everyone's hot takes on it.

I intend reading it myself and listening to some expert views on it.

I would recommend Stay Tuned by Preet Bahara.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭derb12

RIGOLO wrote: »
    I do hope the Democrats bring Mueller to testify .
    Among other things it will keep the NO COLLUSION story front and centre.
    It will continue to expose and remind us all of the Democrats , the left , the main stream media rabid 2 year witch hunt.
    But more importantly it will allow Republicans to also grill Mueller, Im sure they will have some superb questions for Mueller and the deep state Democrat led push for the investigation

I suspect at this stage Nancy and the Dems will want to bury this whole episode , and move on, the blowback on Democrats, the left and the main stream media has been epic.

I take it you haven’t read the report so? You should.
    I was quite skeptical that there would be anything incriminating in it, but it is a damning document. Goodness knows how additionally bad all the redacted sections will be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Can you link to this please? I haven't time to read the report now.

Or do you mean after they went public? If you do, there isn't a political campaign on planet earth that wouldn't have done the same thing.

Do you think Barr would have expended the effort to explicitly qualify the legal position if it was after they had become public?

I'm still reading through the document , but Barrs specific language around the dissemination of hacked materials indicates that those within the Trump Sphere that shared this information knew it was hacked , but that as they received it "unsolicited" then legally they were ok , but morally not so much.

I also suspect that the detail around this is likely part of the redacted sections covering Roger Stone and his case.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I would recommend Stay Tuned by Preet Bahara.

I'm sure he'll construct a very honest representation of what's in the report. I would recommended Sean Hannity.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Do you think Barr would have expended the effort to explicitly qualify the legal position if it was after they had become public?

I don't know, that's what I was asking you. It would be a bit of a bombshell if they had the emails prior to them becoming public, I doubt it's true. Like you I haven't read the report yet.

derb12 wrote: »
    I was quite skeptical that there would be anything incriminating in it, but it is a damning document. Goodness knows how additionally bad all the redacted sections will be.

I already know whats in the report , Robert Mueller already told me and everyone else "
    “investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

For now thats good enough for me .
    I will get to reading the report later, Ive more important things at the moment like watching The Wounded Warrior (soldiers of the US who have paid a huge price) presentation at the White House.

I suspect this means everyone will now ignore the findings of Robert Mueller and ignore the rulings of the Attorney General of the US and will promote some new theories.

Like I said many times, its a witch hunt and reminds me of the old KGB tactics, bring me the man and I will find the crime.

Trump cracked a great joke , he got presented with a statue from The Wounded Warrior association and he quipped, Im going to find a nice home for it in the Oval office for the next 6 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DeborahLQ

derb12 wrote: »

I can't wait to read it, and to hear some opinions of whom I trust too.

The double standards from people who took so much from Hillary's e-mails and manage to see nothing in this are quite shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The double standards from people who took so much from Hillary's e-mails and manage to see nothing in this are quite shocking.

Its possible that you could consider both issues blown out of proportion also, whether it was Republicans or the likes of Maddow etc trying to put the fear of God into their respective bases.

No, you see, there was an actual investigation this time. Those in Trump's circle weren't given immunity or allowed to destroy evidence, they were raided at 6am and thrown in solitary confinement. Who was among many others that gave hundreds of millions to the CF while out of the goodness of their hearts? Oh that's right, it was Russia. This whole mess isn't over by a long shot.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Its possible that you could consider both issues blown out of proportion also, whether it was Republicans or the likes of Maddow etc trying to put the fear of God into their respective bases.

Ah yeah, both have been massivly blow out of proportion.

• Advertisement

No, you see, there was an actual investigation this time. Those in Trump's circle weren't given immunity or allowed to destroy evidence, they were raided at 6am and thrown in solitary confinement. Who was among many others that gave hundreds of millions to the CF while out of the goodness of their hearts? Oh that's right, it was Russia. This whole mess isn't over by a long shot.

So are you saying you see suspicion in the links between Clintons and Russia but none with Trump campaign?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement