Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,575 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

As an employee of Trump, should he be allowed to post here?

Of course, no. Absolutely not. He should be perma-banned immediately. He is 100% politically biased. His employment and remuneration is decided by Trump. He has NO BUSINESS here debating Trump's policies. He needs to be BANNED IMMEDIATELY

And if he is not, well maybe the Irish media will be curious to why Boards is publishing the views of Trump's employees, in a free forum discussing Trump. Don't have me make that step. Ban Moran today, call off all this.

So people shouldnt be allowed to post in forums if the forum is about their boss or company?

How do you know who for sure here works for trump? Could be a greenkeeper from his golf course posting in the gardening forum.or a chef posting in the cookery section, should they all be banned?

Fwiw MM is critical of trump quite often, your rant above is laughable at best.

Oh fyi, posting words in caps doesn't make your demand any more plausible.

Edit:Just seen mod post, delete this if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

This is ridiculous. Members of the US Armed forces are not employees of Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,575 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Are you in the us army then ?

Why does this matter? What's it got to do with the thread?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Remember how the Governors of New Mexico and California withdrew their troops from the border, despite Trump not approving of it? The troops in question belong to them, not Trump.

It's a legal quibble. National Guardsmen do wear uniforms which say "US Army" and they are a reserve component of the US Army. They are even predominantly funded by Congress. However, unless mobilised under Title 10 of the US Code, they are legally a State body, with the State governor as the Commander in Chief, paid by the Federal military system on behalf of the State, and with regulation enforced not by the Uniform Code of Military Justice, but, in my case, the Nevada Revised Statutes, which are a little different. For example, as a unit commander in Nevada, I had (and used) the authority to write and sign arrest warrants. Federal military officers have no such authority.

These legal quibbles are very important in the US political/operational sphere, they are the bedrock for anything from the ability to place National Guardsmen on the border (or for them to be withdrawn by the Governor) or drug enforcement, through their use in national disasters, which led to the issues noted in the Katrina response. It also works the other way. Even using Federal military police to assist local law enforcement to direct traffic around an accident is strictly prohibited, as a court opined in a lawsuit on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

So, Trump's 'great economy' message gets another kick from reality... Dept of the Treasury reports that the U.S. Deficit is running 40% higher than for the same period last year... It sure looks like all the great tariff money that China and others are supposed to be paying direct!y to the US isn't very real after all... Quelle surprise!!

Talk about destroying the country from within! And some people will still come out and say it's all peachy in Trumpland!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

.... He should be perma-banned from this forum for bias. Surely, an employee of Trump should be perma-banned from a Trump discussion thread?

This actually hilarious, if people got banned for bias on this thread, there'd be nothing but tumbleweed left. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,979 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why does this matter? What's it got to do with the thread?

I didn’t say it did matter. I was just reacting to what MM posted.

Thanks MM for the reply to my question. Very helpful reply. Anyway Sarah Sanders is leaving her role of press secretary at the end of the month. I mean I’d be surprised if trump even bothers to have a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Water John

So POTUS has no problem taking info from a foreign Govn't in an election. His own words!!!!

Sideshow SHS leaving to try running for Governer of Arkansas. She couldn't lie straight in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Thanks MM for the reply to my question. Very helpful reply. Anyway Sarah Sanders is leaving her role of press secretary at the end of the month. I mean I’d be surprised if trump even bothers to have a new one.

I'm glad she's going. She was a disgrace. No doubt she'll be set up with something cushy in the private sector. KellyAnne Conway will be an interesting one to watch going forward. White House has already told the Special Counsel to withdraw the report recommending she be fired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Easy, you beat me to it on SHS. 94 days and no press briefing, great job.

Hannaha trump says he thinks she should run for governor of Arkansas in 2022. Like father like daughter I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Doesn't seem like there'll be a replacement, when there's never any press conferences (nothing in the last 80-something days.) Now they're just 'gaggles' that basically provide soundbites for Fox.

But, good riddance, SHS. You made Ron Ziegler look good.

Igotadose wrote: »

Doesn't seem like there'll be a replacement, when there's never any press conferences (nothing in the last 80-something days.) Now they're just 'gaggles' that basically provide soundbites for Fox.

But, good riddance, SHS. You made Ron Ziegler look good.
    Wasn’t Ron Ziegler Nixon’s press secretary?

Yes. Ziegler was Nixon''s much-abused Press secretary who suffered a full 5 years in the role. He was one of the few WH officials who joined Nixon on the plane as he left DC after resigning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

She was supposed to be leaving around Christmas. Guess those job opportunities aren't as plentiful as she thought they would be.

everlast75 wrote: »

She was supposed to be leaving around Christmas. Guess those job opportunities aren't as plentiful as she thought they would be.

I'm sure she'll find a home in the 2020 campaign in due course. In the meantime, expect a 'Trump is Awesome' propaganda piece to hit the bookstores sometime around next Summer.

Sure everything bad about Nixon is becoming less bad looking with Trump and his band of misfits in power. I mean Nixon at least knew not to comment on cases before the court, and when even the hint of him implying anything did happen he quickly clarified his position.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I'm sure she'll find a home in the 2020 campaign in due course. In the meantime, expect a 'Trump is Awesome' propaganda piece to hit the bookstores sometime around next Summer.

Sure, there'd be more reading in a half pound of butter than a book by someone in the Trump White House.

I wonder will Trump something next monday on the 25th anniversary of OJ Simpson's car chase through LA ? I wonder did he and Trump know each other ?

• Advertisement

I wonder will Trump something next monday on the 25th anniversary of OJ Simpson's car chase through LA ? I wonder did he and Trump know each other ?

They were once good pals if you believe the Google hits, including OJ attending DJT''s wedding to Marla Maples

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Nearly wet myself reading about the 'Prince of Whales'. The hilarious thing is you know that it wasn't a typo, he really did think he met the 'Prince of Whales'.

There was a time I thought Charles was the 'Prince of Whales' too, but to be fair to myself, I was 5 years old at the time.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    They were once good pals if you believe the Google hits, including OJ attending DJT''s wedding to Marland Maples

I was genuinely asking.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

I didn't think Trump could demean and debase the office of President any further. By saying he is willing to listen to any foreign state who digs up dirt on opponents he just did.
    Dragged the office backwards through a hedge and then through mud to finish it off.

But of course this will go down well with the "base".

Base is a good description.

I've been just watching more of the Trump interview with ABC news. He has zero self awareness and who in the White House looked at the tape after and decided that this would be good ? And just imagine him saying something even close to this to mueller ? I can see why his lawyers wouldn't let him sit for a face to face interview under oath.

In response to Trump's statement, this happened

https://twitter.com/EllenLWeintraub/status/1139309394968096768?s=19

As I read online,

"I won't believe Sarah Sanders is leaving the White House until she denies it herself"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

everlast75 wrote: »
    In response to Trump's statement, this happened

https://twitter.com/EllenLWeintraub/status/1139309394968096768?s=19

You'd think that something like this would also enrage the pledge of allegiance-loving Republicans. You know the ones ranting and raving about their fellow citizens who kneel during the national anthem.
    Also the military communities.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Are people still genuinely shocked by Trump's craziness or are they just pretending to be shocked because they don't like him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,655 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The other question that Trump raises is what would Trump be prepared to do to help a foreign power?

He clearly has business interests and it a pretty small step for Russia, for example, to ask him for some secrets in return for their information.

Not even today, but after he has left office but with access to top level Intel. Can nobody see what a massive security risk they have allowed into the highest office?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement