Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,655 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

It's amazing that this guy has convinced some people he is a working class hero who is here to take down the "elites"

r.mahaux-trump-family.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭pearcider

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Ah right, so he is an elite, just a different type of elite.

Remind me where Trump sourced the steel for his buildings? Or where his clothing range was made (ties etc). Or where Ivanka's clothing line was manufactured?

And talk about lowering standards in third level. Trump had to settle a case for running a fake university! You simply couldn't make it up and yet you claim that he is fighting the good fight for the little people!

You want to know which company looked for an increase in foreign worker permits recently? Mar-A-Lago. So rather than increase wages to locals (since he increased the membership fees on the back of him being POTUS) they simply bussed in more Mexicans.

The Welfare state. Trump has had to provide $12bn of welfare to farmers because of his ill-judged and badly executed trade war with China.

The bank and corporations have had their regulations dropped, their Tax rate slashed. He has brought in no new employee safeguards. When the next crash comes, what has Trump done, in this war he is waging, to protect the tax payer from a repeat of 2008?

Don’t hate the player. Hate the game. He is trying to change things. The constant war against him in the liberal media is proof of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,552 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

pearcider wrote: »
    Don’t hate the player. Hate the game. He is trying to change things. The constant war against him in the liberal media is proof of that.

He's trying to change things so the likes of him can get richer. What's your opinion of his thousands of blatant lies? His lack of understanding of politics or military issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,624 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Neat way to completely avoid any and all points raised.

You have no actual content to any of your points, clearly a copy n paste job from whatever conspiracy forum your frequent.

But regardless of the truth or not behind your theories about global elites, you have failed to point to anything that Trump has done to show that he is the man that will do anything about it.

Everything that surrounds him, his friends, his wealth, his personality, his business history, his links to Russia and Saudi Arabia, everything points to him being a part of the problem rather than the solution.

The very fact that he fought harder to get a tax cut for the rich than for getting health care should tell you all you need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Don’t hate the player. Hate the game. He is trying to change things.

Yup, he sure is. But at least Daesh Lite the Saudis are still raking in trillions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Obama doubled the national debt. So basically he borrowed all that growth. All your other little talking points are just virtue signaling.

Aaand I don't need to read any further than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I don't see how he's trying to change the political culture at all. The "drain the swamp" idea went out the window when he picked just about the swampiest cabinet of all time. He's a caricature and a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I don't see how he's trying to change the political culture at all. The "drain the swamp" idea went out the window when he picked just about the swampiest cabinet of all time. He's a caricature and a joke.

The truly funny thing about all of that is how much it was mopped up by his fans. Even at rallies after he was elected the crowd were cheering it even though the likes of Betsy De Vos being appointed as Secretary for Education and so on.

I'm equally confused when watching the likes of JRM and Boris Johnson decry the European elites with straight faces.

The truly funny thing about all of that is how much it was mopped up by his fans. Even at rallies after he was elected the crowd were cheering it even though the likes of Betsy De Vos being appointed as Secretary for Education and so on.

I'm equally confused when watching the likes of JRM and Boris Johnson decry the European elites with straight faces.

It only takes about 10 minutes of research into Trump's claims to debunk about 90% of them, but that still seems to make little difference to his base. Although he did say it himself - that he could step onto Fifth Avenue and gun someone down, and not lose his base vote. One of the few true statements he's made over the past few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Cohen's phone records show him being in Prague like the Steel dossier said. More bad news for Trump.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/investigations/article219016820.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I find it hysterical how people vote for blowhards because they promise them the sun, the stars and unicorn poop. And those same self people are the very first ones that get shafted when healthcare, social welfare, education and policing gets invariably cut to pay for that massive upper class tax cut.
    It is a mystery to me.

20Cent wrote: »
    Cohen's phone records show him being in Prague like the Steel dossier said. More bad news for Trump.

I've a feeling that Mueller's report might include some very interesting findings on the contents of that report. Cohen has hopefully been singing like a bird.

20Cent wrote: »

The same dossier that the Clinton campaign paid for. Haha fake news. Thank God that creep Killary Clinton lost. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

The same dossier that the Clinton campaign paid for. Haha fake news. Thank God that creep Killary Clinton lost. :)

I'm sure Mueller knows all about it and Cohen, Flynn etc are all talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Is this satire?

Every time a Trump acolyte posts these words it proves that their argument is dead in the water and sinking fast.

When in doubt scream fake news :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,412 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In fairness there has been fake news so he has the right to use that terminology now.

I know it doesn't mean the news is fake of course.

That Mueller investigation sure is taking a long time...how much have they spent now chasing a story that the Hillary campaign literally invented. Funny enough another globalist bag man Macron is now blaming the yellow shirt movement on Russians too. These dopes seemingly only have one playbook. But you need a bogeyman when your horrible policies are exposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

eagle eye wrote: »
    In fairness there has been fake news so he has the right to use that terminology now.

Except any negative news about Trump is described as fake news when it rarely is. Eg in this instance, entirely true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,655 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"During the 2016 Republican presidential primaries, the leaders of the conservative news outlet Washington Free Beacon hired a private intelligence company, Fusion GPS, to conduct research into the candidates, including Trump. Early in the year, the Free Beacon's interest in the work lapsed. So by "early March," Fusion GPS approached the law firm Perkins Coie, which represents the Democratic National Committee, offering to continue its investigations into Trump. In April, the law firm agreed, and it began to underwrite the investigation."

So, it was initially funded by the Republicans. Trump supporters seem to always leave that bit out for some reason.

Secondly, keep using nicknames (And lame ones at that) will not endear you to the mods. I'd like you to stick around if you're intent of properly engaging. Heaven knows, Trump supporters at this stage of his admin are fairly thin on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

That Mueller investigation sure is taking a long time...how much have they spent now chasing a story that the Hillary campaign literally invented. Funny enough another globalist bag man Macron is now blaming the yellow shirt movement on Russians too. These dopes seemingly only have one playbook. But you need a bogeyman when your horrible policies are exposed.
    It's actually been pretty short for a Special Counsel investigation, but you knew that anyway.

eagle eye wrote: »

There has indeed, 99.9% of it seems to spew straight from Trumps mouth. Does anyone have an updated count on how many lies he has told now since he took office?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

There has indeed, 99.9% of it seems to spew straight from Trumps mouth. Does anyone have an updated count on how many lies he has told now since he took office?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/21/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/?utm_term=.d2ec305a858c

The investigation might turn a profit apparently...
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwja6Kjp48DfAhWlTxUIHR1oB0YQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnbc.com%2F2018%2F09%2F17%2Fmueller-probe-could-turn-a-profit-thanks-to-manafort-assets.html&psig=AOvVaw3fMSe2kQtFJvo07i7WMqvu&ust=1546026544641014

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

The constant war against him in the media??? His Twitter account alone is enough to show him for the narcissistic, compulsive lying conman he is. And to spell it out for you, that's his Twitter account not anyone elses. No one is holding a gun to his head to get him to tweet the drivel he does.

I think the number of indictments and guilty pleas probably make the Special Council investigation a worthwhile exercise, but don't let me interrupt your Trump propaganda mission. You're doing great.

It was at over 6,500 false or misleading statements at the start of November. I'd say we're rocking well over 7k at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

dinorebel wrote: »
    It's actually been pretty short for a Special Counsel investigation, but you knew that anyway.

I honestly don't think so. The posts from this user and in particular his use of language that wouldn't look out of place in r/the_donald suggest that he is deliberately misinforming himself to own the libs. He most likely has no idea of what is actually happening, including the profits being delivered by Mueller.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement