Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

salmocab wrote: »
    My question would be why would you even own a hat supporting a political leader? It’s indoctrination like kids having jerseys or hats of their parents favorite teams.
    It’s all that’s wrong in a huge amount of American politics in one bit of headwear, people support the party first and country second (I don’t mean all but the core support for both parties don’t care what their guy is doing so long as he’s doing it in their name)

Ah ok. I may have misread you, my apologies. :)

I agree when it comes to hats like this I groan also, no matter where their causes are left, right, centre, horizontal whatever.

The other point is fair also, politics is so partisan, its all about backing your team no matter what these days. Their will be plenty on the left who will probably be looking at the full video today and having second thoughts, but they can't retract their initial outrage or they would be hammered by the masses .

While also their will be numerous examples of those on right leaning organisations who will have gone to bat for Trump not because he is right in whatever scenario it is, but either due to the fact it may trigger the libs:rolleyes:...or they want those huge retweet numbers from their supporters basically confirmation bias. Great journalism also. :eek:

Its why we are in the scenario that we are right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭volchitsa

But its just the US, you could say the same for any sports team hat, those pink hats at the womens march etc.. using a hat to express your tastes is just a bit of an american thing full stop.

In their own time, sure, but this was as part of a school group.

If kids from a US public school had been brought by their school to a Woman's March and were wearing pink hats at it I think plenty of people would have something to say about it. And rightly so, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

As far as I am aware he went towards them because they were jeering a group of black bible preachers.

You mean the black hebrew preachers were shouting at the group that they were born of incest and fággots?

I agree with this opinion - groupthink is so poisonous from whatever side of the political divide
    https://theaxisofego.com/2019/01/19/have-we-finally-lost-it/

Note: I have zero time for Trump, racists, social media pileons and media not factually reporting news

B0jangles wrote: »
    As I already posted, the school the boys attend and the diocese to which it is affiliated have already made a statement saying they are 100% opposed to the behaviour displayed by their students.

Their representatives were at the march, they saw the whole story and they aren't 'waiting to see the full facts' they aren't talking the usual talk about 'holding off on judgement until our investigation is completed'.

Maybe you should ask the School board and the diocese why they are already sure that the fault was with the students and not the elderly native american man.

I would suggest a massive deluge of emails and media pressure?
    Why can't people just wait for a few hours - things like this usually turnaround after the initial doctored clips are expanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭letsseehere14

elli21 wrote:
    please don't embaress yourself and say this fake news when we can see MAGA in action

Did you even watch the full video?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jonathan Pie's American Pie mid-term special is on BBC One after MOTD (11.30 pm - maybe some other time in NI)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

everlast75 wrote: »

After all that has transpired after your first post today, do you still think. That even though you don't advocate violence, had you been there would it still have been SEVERELY tested?

Also why is everyone after the MAGA hat wearing kids and ignoring the racist, bigoted, homophobic preachings of the four Black Hebrew Israelites? Who seemed to be only be there to preach to the Natives about how wrong they are to believe in false idols such as the eagle, buffalo and totem pole or else they will perish like their forefathers unless they repent?

After all that has transpired after your first post today, do you still think. That even though you don't advocate violence, had you been there would it still have been SEVERELY tested?

Also why is everyone after the MAGA hat wearing kids and ignoring the racist, bigoted, homophobic preachings of the four Black Hebrew Israelites? Who seemed to be only be there to preach to the Natives about how wrong they are to believe in false idols such as the eagle, buffalo and totem pole or else they will perish like their forefathers unless they repent?

My patience would have severely tested by any Neanderthal chanting "build a wall" in the face of a native indian. That's the truth.

My patience would also be tempted by anyone chanting anything equally offensive.

Does that make you feel better?

Assuming you are a trump supporter, and now that I have your attention, what are your views on his constant attacks on the media, given his 7500+ lies?

Just wondering, as you appear to be a crusader for journalistic integrity and truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

My patience would have severely tested by any Neanderthal chanting "build a wall" in the face of a native indian. That's the truth.

No it's not. Why are you spreading fake news?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Haven't seen that and there's been a lot of coverage. Have you a link to that actual bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Meantime Mike Pence on today's CBS "Face The Nation" likening Don Trump's effort to get the wall built being similar to MLK's fight for civil rights in the 60's does sound strange to me. It seems it's headlining in the media like WaPo and the Newsweek magazine but I've settled for the links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aMraVkNIB4

https://www.inquisitr.com/5258388/pence-donald-trump-martin-luther-king-shutdown/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,103 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-nathan-phillips-video

Pretty good breakdown of the incident from one of the few who bothered to watch the entire video, I dunno if I'd be absolving the kids of blame whatsoever as they could have handled it better and maybe more will come out that will be damning but for now I'd hope the mob will somewhat calm down.

Tapper retweeted it earlier which I am sure will attract the attention of the mob, but meh credit to him for lacking it the story from both sides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

How quickly so many people doxxed and called for violence against kids who done nothing but suffer a barrage of abuse and stand their ground, Cathy griffens tweet being a particular low point, so sad, the entire video is now there for all to see, no chants of "build a wall" but actual chants of "your European, leave our land" also the vike homophobic abuse (not from the kids) and kids being shamed because of their race etc from the adults. Some of yous are so invested I this now yous will still want to see the kids hang in this. Seriously the most shameful thing I have seen in the 2 years of trump derangement syndrome.

My god those poor kids endured an over an hour's worth of abuse by the black nationalists where they were called crackers, ******s and paedophiles before the native American marched up to them banging his drum in their face, and their crime? Doing nothing but standing there, no words, no chants of build the wall etc, I mean its all there on video, they just stood there in silence ffs, this is one of the most disgusting things iv ever seen, basically a witch hunt because these boys were white! How can they be the ones getting the hate? The threats of violence? When there are actual racists there saying actual racist and homophobic things??? I just don't get this! Well, I do get it. Low point for the media over the last few days, is trump right?

From kathy Griffin on Twitter.

Ps. The reply from the school was pathetic and impotent. Name these kids. I want NAMES. Shame them. If you think these ****ers wouldn’t dox you in a heartbeat, think again. https://t.co/IS80wiaQ7v

Names please. And stories from people who can identify them and vouch for their identity. Thank you.

The calls for violence and destroying the lives of these kids is heart breaking to see, this must be the low point? It has to right? I mean when people watch that video and see the truth of the matter it has to be a turning point? People have to look and the media and themselves, trump will be gone in 2 or 6 years, do people really want to destroy the norms of society because they are so angry about that? Ffs people. Kids.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Whatever the truth behind this (and I'm sure everyone is editing the heck out of things), I strongly suspect the story is not what is initially going around.
    smurgen wrote: »
    Good to see you pick the side of a trump maga brat than a veteran.shows your true colours.

Firstly, if there's a public badge I'm supposed to be wearing saying "I'm a combat vet, I deserve better treatment and respect than the average person", someone forgot to issue it to me.

Secondly, now the New York Times ( https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/us/nathan-phillips-covington.html ) and CNN https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2019/01/20/teens-mock-native-elder-sidner-pkg-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/top-news-videos/ have chimed in saying that "there is more to the story than what you see online." (quoting CNN), what true colors are they showing compared to mine?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

My god those poor kids endured an over an hour's worth of abuse by the black nationalists where they were called crackers, ******s and paedophiles before the native American marched up to them banging his drum in their face, and their crime? Doing nothing but standing there, no words, no chants of build the wall etc, I mean its all there on video, they just stood there in silence ffs, this is one of the most disgusting things iv ever seen, basically a witch hunt because these boys were white! How can they be the ones getting the hate? The threats of violence? When there are actual racists there saying actual racist and homophobic things??? I just don't get this! Well, I do get it. Low point for the media over the last few days, is trump right?

Quote frankly, anyone wearing a MAGA hat deserves anything they get.
    It's short for "I am a colossol wanker".

I posted yesterday saying there were good videos that wouldn't be watched, but for people to instead enjoy the thread. It's clear that's exactly what's happening.

Irrational mobs ftw. Stay invested. Keep ruining lives.

I posted yesterday saying there were good videos that wouldn't be watched, but for people to instead enjoy the thread. It's clear that's exactly what's happening.

Irrational mobs ftw. Stay invested. Keep ruining lives.

Totally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

A part of me wonders if this was all orchestrated. Remember that Russian operatives have been instigating protests and counter protests on social media for years now. It's entirely possible that the Native march on national monument was planned but then other groups were invited to protests on different issues at the same time knowing there would be conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Partly true, but not “anything they get”. I also question anyone that would wear any political banners, in this day and age, it’s too controversial. I wouldn’t even put a bumper sticker on my car, yet people feel so emboldened that they walk around wearing MAGA hats, despite the fact they must know it represents something that more than half the population detests.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

SeamusFX wrote: »
    Partly true, but not “anything they get”. I also question anyone that would wear any political banners, in this day and age, it’s too controversial. I wouldn’t even put a bumper sticker on my car, yet people feel so emboldened that they walk around wearing MAGA hats, despite the fact they must know it represents something that more than half the population detests.

I was in Florida just befor the last election and an old man in Disney had a MAGA hat and a Hilary for prison t-shirt, I remember thinking why would someone heading off for a day of fun think ‘I know what I’ll wear my clothes that show people what my politics are’. It’s a very strange way to do politics.

"The videos have shown we were wrong. Better start arguing that the teenagers' lives and those around them deserve to be totally ruined because they wore MAGA clothing."

- People who call others fascists.

You and the people that thanked your post have a disgusting attitude on this, 14-16 year old boys should suffer in this terrible way because they support their elected president? Are yous for real? Have you read the fall out off this? Death threats etc? The main kid spends his time helping the disabled, taking them skiing etc. I'll tell you one thing, people like you are the ones ensuring Trump has a good 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

The kids were being shouted at by the muslims, so this kid tries to stare down the old guy? Am I reading this right? Was the old guy shouting at obseneties at him?
    The main kid spends his time helping the disabled, taking them skiing etc.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭mattser

You and the people that thanked your post have a disgusting attitude on this, 14-16 year old boys should suffer in this terrible way because they support their elected president? Are yous for real? Have you read the fall out off this? Death threats etc? The main kid spends his time helping the disabled, taking them skiing etc. I'll tell you one thing, people like you are the ones ensuring Trump has a good 2020.

As far as I'm concerned it was the only thread the anti Trump brigade could cling to, in order to take the spotlight off POTUS celebrating the 2nd anniversary of his inauguration. It's looking like it blew up in their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

Death threats are wrong and I don't agree with anyone who issues them.

But your post and others show whats wrong with this world ...The fact that they are 14-16 boys doesn't in my eyes make them less cullpable.For the record I am for real.

Would love to hear from you when a crime is carried out against one one of yours by a 15yr ol and you say they are only kids...still can't over the fact that you see these brats as suffers.

I know this is off topic but why was a group of lads 14-16 on an anti abortion march...something I'm pretty confident they wont have to endure

I commented here based on the one version of the video I saw.

It transpires that there are a number of versions of this video going around.

I posted a second tweet which explained that.

Is there a a lesson to be learned here in not jumping the gun. Yes.

Does that prove that the entirety of the media is out to get Trump? Absolutely and unequivocally not.

Does it prove that there are versions of certain incidents out there that are able to be spun in different ways? Yes.

Are those supporters hypocrites for decrying a "fake news" narrative yet they happily sit back and not call Fox News to task on the utter BS that they spew 24/7? Yes

Is the entire "Build the wall" chant, mantra and idea based in racist undertones born out of ignorance? Yes.

Does this story show that the racist policies and utterances of DJT mean his supporters are more likely to be believed to be racist then not? Yes.

Are all of Trump supporters racist? No.

Are all racist Trump supporters? Yes.

Does it prove that there are a lot of Trump supporters who read this thread and remain utterly silent on blatant examples of his manipulation of the media and the prolific lying over hundreds and hundreds of pages here on Boards? Yes

Should those supporters on here stick around, after they beat this story to death, to defend his actions in relation to the vast majority of his dumpster fire of an administration? Yes.

Is that likely? No.

• Advertisement

What crime? All the kid did was stand in silence with an awkward smile on his face, in the video we see black nationalists bombard the kids with vile racist and homophobic abuse and the native American guys march into the group of kids trying to intimidate them, playing the drum in their face, telling them to get off there land etc and then when they walked away saying "we won" etc. Yous can all see this. No chants of build a wall, no violence, no actual words or anything from the kids.

Black nationalists call them paedophiles, incest children, ******s, crackers and call black kids there **** and uncle Tom's. The native Americans enter there space, bang a drum in their face, racially abuse them telling them it's there land and they should go home because they are European etc and then walk off declaring victory and the media/people focused on a kid doing an awkward smile in the face of provocation? This is all on video, what we don't see is any talk of build a wall etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement