Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,917 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Penn wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071177621445230596?s=19

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't think he realises he's Individual-1.

Individual No 1.... again.

Impeachable beyond a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,694 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

He absolutely does know

This is his attempt to distract. Get people talking about how deluded or stupid he is rather than the fact that the Fed's believe the current POTUS actively took park in helping Russia influence the US elections.

There should be demos on the streets tonight to have him removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I wonder what spin is Fox News going to put on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

NY prosecutors seeking substantial sentence (approx. 4 years) for Cohen for tax and campaign finance violations. Should be noted that's NY prosecutors, not Muellers team. Mueller not seeking any further sentences for things arising from the special counsel investigation due to his cooperation.

I predict 24 months max, taking into account Trump's tweets to influence the court..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

From CNN it seems Paul Manafort broke his deal with Mueller by contacting a member of Trump's Admin team this year after he was convicted, given a term of home arrest on the basis he would comply with specific terms, then also broke those terms and went to prison, then had some-one act as a conduit to the Trump Admin again while in prison.

If Kelly resigns and goes voluntarily to Mueller without request or subpoena to provide evidence of criminality [paper-trail] in respect of Don and his family members of collusion and direct involvement in obstruction of the investigation, then it may well be over for Don before the 25th. It would be sensible for him to pardon Mike Pence and any other members of his team before resigning with the proviso that Mike Pence would do the same for him on taking the oath of office, but Don, living as he does in an alternative world, doesn't always do the sensible thing.

The investigation will have an collator proof-reading any documentation it hands in to the court, alongside seized evidence, setting out the links. So far the links seem to be ._._._. If Kelly stepped forward the chain is likely unbreakable. I see the investigation so far as not overstepping its bounds despite daily goading from Don.

If former AG Barr declined an offer from Don to become his AG, then... but the offer may be too tempting. A refusal would also vindicate Jeff's recusal decision and Whitaker's position so far.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Donald Trump is nothing but an internet troll. And that sufficient numbers of the electorate think this is a good thing is the real worrying thing
    If he posted on Boards, he'd be one of those arseholes that open about 10 accounts a week because they keep getting banned.
    In fact I'm pretty sure he's been on this thread in multiple guises. :D

Plus
    James Comey
    (@Comey)
    Today wasn’t a search for truth, but a desperate attempt to find anything that can be used to attack the institutions of justice investigating this president. They came up empty today but will try again. In the long run, it'll make no difference because facts are stubborn things.

December 8, 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭amandstu

Pretty good from Avenatti
    "@realDonaldTrump - I have to give you credit where credit is due. You always have said you were No.1."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭circadian

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's still funny 12 hours later.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All,

The purpose of this thread is not ' Who can post the funniest quip about Donald Trump'

Let's try and keep it more serious please.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭amandstu

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    All,

The purpose of this thread is not ' Who can post the funniest quip about Donald Trump'

Let's try and keep it more serious please.

Thanks
    Well Avenatti is/has been obviously and deliberately goading Trump . Maybe it is fair to highlight that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

POTUS retweeted some alt-right nim's post lying about what's happening in Paris, i.e., why there're riots and now massive arrests. Said nim also claims the Parisians are chanting 'we want Trump!'

Well, turns out the nim is mistaking Paris for the UK, where some guy was dancing atop a bus in a Trump mask and the audience chants 'we want Trump!'

But, if the 'yellow jackets' rioting in Paris want Trump, I say, load up AF 1 and let 'em go!

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/12/4/18125666/paris-riots-we-want-trump-tweet-france-protests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You'd actually be quite concerned about what he'll do if Mueller does try to indict either him or members of his family. Probably encourage all-out anarchy in the streets.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    You'd actually be quite concerned about what he'll do if Mueller does try to indict either him or members of his family. Probably encourage all-out anarchy in the streets.

I think we can assume that he will stop at nothing to save his own ass and he won't care who goes down for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I think we can assume that he will stop at nothing to save his own ass and he won't care who goes down for him.

Nothing would surprise me. If he started tweeting orders to his followers to attack journalists or Democrats, it honestly wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Well, with their Christmas graphics appearing to say "Treason for the Season" maybe they too are preparing for the worst.

Only just catching up on Donald's recent twitter outbursts. Is it possible for any person to implicate themselves in as few words as he has done? But the comedy gold is reserved for his tweets about Cohen: His lawyer for 13 years is only a shady, dishonest chancer in his dealings "not related to Trump". If you need to qualify things like that, surely the better strategy is to say nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Water John

This is what Patrick Cotter who prosecuted the Mafia had to say;
    “I think these past couple weeks have shown us that we’re not really in the ninth inning as some people had said,” he said, “that Mueller’s still got a lot of information that he’s processing and dealing with that’s turning into potentially criminal charges – and I think that the bigger picture is sort of starting to come into focus.”

Cotter said: “We’re in stage two. We’re hearing the indictments and the pleas, people cooperating. Then there’s going to be a stage three, where people who are not cooperating, just – the hammer falls.

“And I don’t know if it’s going to be Don Jr, or [Jared] Kushner, or who knows. But I think it’s going to happen, and I can’t tell you when. But I think it’s going to happen.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Even by his own standards this is utter nonsense, like I mean there isn't actually one bit of fact in it..

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1071382401954267136

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Did Tucker Carlson go on a solo run yesterday (see below) or is there a move, with an eye to the future, within Fox News?

https://www.weltwoche.ch/ausgaben/2018-49/artikel/trump-is-not-capable-die-weltwoche-ausgabe-49-2018.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Even by his own standards this is utter nonsense, like I mean there isn't actually one bit of fact in it..

People have argued long and hard here to try and find ways to claim Trump's statements have some bearing on reality. Not sure they can even make a start with this one.

The man doesn't have a clue of what planet he is on or has just gone for his friend's Putin's strategy of backing obvious lies to the hilt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,694 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What is genuinley worrying is the very fact the his supporters don't see anything wrong with any of this.

Imagine if Obama had been implicated like this, or Bill or..Well anyone at all. MAGA by totally ignoring a clear and present danger to the US.

They will say 'it's just business etc, but would be up in arms with anyone else. Therein lies the fall of a nation. If the people have totally forgotten the very notion of the nation they claim to love then how can it hope to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think we'll see a similar plunge to the teens or low 20s in favourability rating that Nixon saw when he was outed as a crook.
    He was still pretty popular up until quite late in the day, so I don't think there's any reason to give in to misanthropy just yet about Trump's current relatively mild unpopularity rating.

We've already seen a large scale rejection of Trump from most demographics and it's difficult to see where any gains are going to come from. He can only lose by having the details of the Mueller investigation revealed in public during a Senate hearing of his case.

Any Republican Senators who choose to simper and deflect during this process for Trump's benefit will, I think, pay a very heavy political cost.

The Democrats really have to drop the ball at this point for Republicans to be left with anything other than a choice of impeachment or getting punished heavily by their constituents.

Kavanaugh was a bit of a dry run for this, in that it apparently drew quite a lot of attention and peoeple were pretty unimpressed with his performance. If Trump is brought to the stand, he won't be able to help making a fool of himself. Kavanaugh's ranting will look like Yates by comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

John Kelly leaving at the end of the year. No replacement announced yet. https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/420401-john-kelly-to-leave-white-house-at-end-of-the-year

The endless maelstrom of Apprentice: White House edition keeps swirling. Kelly's handling of the Rob Porter escapade made him look bad, and anyone associated with Trump for very long leaves, the stench just won't wash off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

his latest tweet about Vietnam is alarming, his brain genuinely might be melting.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Igotadose wrote: »
    John Kelly leaving at the end of the year. No replacement announced yet. https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/420401-john-kelly-to-leave-white-house-at-end-of-the-year

The endless maelstrom of Apprentice: White House edition keeps swirling. Kelly's handling of the Rob Porter escapade made him look bad, and anyone associated with Trump for very long leaves, the stench just won't wash off.

And as always there's a tweet for it

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/156829591267328000?lang=en

Trump is a huge critic of Trump.

Igotadose wrote: »

The last remaining adult is leaving the nursery! Sad!

And as always there's a tweet for it

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/156829591267328000?lang=en

Trump is a huge critic of Trump.

Yeah, my head exploded a little bit trying to deal with that one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,917 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Theory.

As SDNY can say with certainty Cohen was guilty on 2 felony charges, then the same goes for Trump.

My guess is that sealed case currently being fought out in 9th circuit, is relating to permission to charge him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I see only two explanations for this:

Either Trump is deliberately acting stupid as an attempt to deflect from the sh*tstorm swirling around him or he is conflating 'Paris agreement' and 'Paris Protests' simply because they both have 'Paris' in the name.

I don't know which is worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

duploelabs wrote: »
    Get me Roger Stone and Active Measures should really be required viewing at this stage

Watched Active Measures last night. It gives great insight into how tangled up Trump and his associates are with Russia. It states that the 30 odd Trump Towers around the world are effecitively a way for the Russian mafia & oligarchs to buy apartments to launder their money into western assets and Trump facilitated it with no questions asked. It also gives a heavy impression that Putin has delibritely targeted Trump as a mark as far back as the 1990s.

Manafort was up to his eyeballs in Russia, even working as the campaign manager for Victor Yanukovcyh in the Uklraine at the behest of the Kremilin. General Flynn up to his eyeballs too, what was he thinking having a dinner with Putin so publically, it seems crazy for a former general.

Its a good doc and well worth a watch but it tries to fit too much into the two hours by beginning way back in 1991 and detailing the rise of Putin, something that is covered by many other documentaries. The last half hour where they tie up all the tentacles of Trump associates being involved with Russia meddling in the Presidential election are fascinating. There are some people going to be in serious trouble at the fall out of all this when the Mueller investigation concludes. If Mueller proves collusion with Russia against US democracy it is going to be squeaky bum time for Trump and his cronies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement