Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Roger Stone will lie though. Could be very interesting to see if he pulls a Manafort!
    If he does, the way Mueller seems to be working, he'll have all the lies corralled off before he pulls the trigger. So it'll be just another charge to add to the indictments.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Reading through the indictment, it'd be hard to see how Stone could possibly lie. They seem to have a huge cache of his texts and emails which are pretty damning. More likely that he'll take the 5th if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

For anyone who pops in here, given the news that's in, I'd highly recommend a viewing of Get Me Roger Stone. It's on Netflix & is really worth a watch.

He really is a pretty despicable human being

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

For anyone who pops in here, given the news that's in, I'd highly recommend a viewing of Get Me Roger Stone. It's on Netflix & is really worth a watch.

Yep! started playing dirty tricks when he was 10 or 11 I think, saying lies about the other candidate in a classroom head boy election. He won and went from there. Really is a low life...

He was my number 2 or 3 on my wish list of going to jail for a long time, hes ruined countless peoples lives with the bull**** he has spread

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

It really should be required viewing to see how the GOP political machine is utterly amoral and over the past 30 or so years adopted a "win at all costs" attitude, which partly explains how we've ended up here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tweet from a few months back:

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
    “I will never testify against Trump.” This statement was recently made by Roger Stone, essentially stating that he will not be forced by a rogue and out of control prosecutor to make up lies and stories about “President Trump.” Nice to know that some people still have “guts!”

Be interesting to see if this rings true or not!

Further proof if it was needed that Giuliani's role in all this is just to throw out the next line of defense in advance of actually having to use it. Now they can say "Some people on Trump's team may have colluded but that doesn't mean the President did" and claim that's what they've been saying all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭circadian

SHS has just said to the Press Corps that the arrest has nothing to do with Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yep! started playing dirty tricks when he was 10 or 11 I think, saying lies about the other candidate in a classroom head boy election. He won and went from there. Really is a low life...

He was my number 2 or 3 on my wish list of going to jail for a long time, hes ruined countless peoples lives with the bull**** he has spread

Struggled with that documentary as he was just so repulsive, so reptilian. Kept expecting him to peel off the mask and reveal the 'V' style lizard man underneath. May give it another go now seeing as it looks like it will have a happy ending after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

circadian wrote: »
    SHS has just said to the Press Corps that the arrest has nothing to do with Trump.

Ah she's back talking to them now?

How can it not be anything to do with him???? He tweeted about him last month.

(unless she means he didn't order the arrest, in which case I'd agree)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

On or about October 4, 2016, the head of Organization 1 held a press conference
    but did not release any new materials pertaining to the Clinton Campaign. Shortly
    afterwards, STONE received an email from the high-ranking Trump Campaign
    official asking about the status of future releases by Organization 1.

STONE answered that the head of Organization 1 had a “erious security concern” but that
    Organization 1 would release “a load every week going forward.”

This must be Bannon. It lines up nicely with this report from the New York Times.
    Mr. Bannon then contacted Mr. Stone directly, asking for insight into Mr. Assange’s plan. Notably, Mr. Stone did not tell Mr. Bannon anything that Mr. Assange had not said publicly. He did explain that Mr. Assange was concerned about his security, and he said in an interview that Randy Credico, a New York comedian and activist whom Mr. Stone has identified as his source about WikiLeaks, also gave him that information.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016
    TO: Roger Stone

EMAIL:

What was that this morning???

Tuesday, October 4, 2016
    TO: Steve Bannon

EMAIL:
    Fear. Serious security concern. He thinks they are going to kill him and the London police are standing done.

However —a load every week going forward.

Roger stone

Tuesday, October 4, 2016
    TO: Roger Stone

EMAIL:

He didn’t cut deal w/ clintons???

After the July 22, 2016 release of stolen DNC emails by Organization 1, a senior Trump
    Campaign official was directed to contact STONE
    about any additional releases and what other
    damaging information Organization 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign.

This one is not Bannon since he wasn't on the campaign at the time. Marcy Wheeler speculates that it could be Gates.

Also, it would appear that Stone's residence in New York has also been raided.

This one is not Bannon since he wasn't on the campaign at the time. Marcy Wheeler speculates that it could be Gates.

Also, it would appear that Stone's residence in New York has also been raided.

Yeah just looking through the indictment again, when it says "senior Trump Campaign Official", there is more than one of them and it's not referring to the same person each time. "Officials" plural is used at the start of the indictment.
    During the summer of 2016, STONE spoke to senior Trump Campaign officials about
    Organization 1 and information it might have had that would be damaging to the Clinton
    Campaign. STONE was contacted by senior Trump Campaign officials to inquire about future
    releases by Organization 1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I really cannot understand the thinking of Trump supporters. Didn't Ireland have an AG resign because some convicted guy stayed in his apartment?

Here we have many people surrounding Trump and his campaign getting arrested and convicted and the line seems to be that Trump never had any inking of what was going on. She either he is lying or Trump was completely out of the loop. If the second then how can he be so certain no collusion and why isn't he trying to investigate Russian interference?

Going back to Giuliani interview with Jake Tapper last week. He mentioned that Trump knew nothing of what Cohen was doing with Russia as he was too busy on the campaign and he didn't have a second to think of other things. Small issue on that...
    Donald Trump takes break from election campaign trail to open new $200m gold-studded hotel
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/donald-trump-takes-break-election-9134623

Surprised Tapper didn't pull him up on this. Clearly Trump was still very much involved in his businesses during the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

circadian wrote: »
    Is stone stupid enough to lie? Desperate enough probably, wonder how rational he's looking at this.

He was stupid enough to threaten a witness by text. So he might be that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

rosser44 wrote: »
    From the indictment:

The list of people who can direct a senior campaign advisor is small, the net is definitely closing in.

Don Jr next please!!

'A minor son that I barely knew, met him once I think... NO COLLUSION!!'

I had forgotten that Bannon has been cooperating with Mueller for quite some time.
    The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, had subpoenaed Mr. Bannon to appear before a grand jury this week. But Mr. Bannon has agreed to cooperate with Mr. Mueller’s investigation and will be interviewed in the less formal setting of the special counsel’s offices in downtown Washington.

It was not clear why Mr. Mueller subpoenaed Mr. Bannon and did not first ask him to sit for an interview, as Mr. Mueller had done with more than a dozen current and former White House officials who were questioned in recent months. Mr. Mueller could still call Mr. Bannon to appear before a grand jury after he meets with investigators.

There has been so much information on all this published for the last 2 years that it's hard to keep track of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I had forgotten that Bannon has been cooperating with Mueller for quite some time.

There has been so much information on all this published for the last 2 years that it's hard to keep track of it all.

I would direct you to Seth Abramson's book Proof of Collusion, it helpfully collates a lot of it in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I really cannot understand the thinking of Trump supporters. Didn't Ireland have an AG resign because some convicted guy stayed in his apartment?
    Well it was actually a multiple murderer who had not yet been identified as the culprit. Malcolm MacArthur was the man who murdered a nurse in the Phoenix Park and then a Co. Meath farmer who he went to buy a shotgun off. He stayed at the house of then AG Paddy Connolly who was a family friend.

Edit: Just to add that this was the origin of GUBU. Haughey described the whole thing as grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and unprecedented.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I often wonder what SHS makes of what she has to say for a living, unlike the rest she appears to be just doing her job because it’s the job she wanted, whereas nearly everyone else connected with Trump seem to be there to make themselves richer. She obviously knows as I don’t think she’s a stupid woman that very few people believe the nonsense she spouts. It must be the equivalent of being a lawyer trying to get a murderer off who they know are a despicable human.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    I often wonder what SHS makes of what she has to say for a living, unlike the rest she appears to be just doing her job because it’s the job she wanted, whereas nearly everyone else connected with Trump seem to be there to make themselves richer. She obviously knows as I don’t think she’s a stupid woman that very few people believe the nonsense she spouts. It must be the equivalent of being a lawyer trying to get a murderer off who they know are a despicable human.

Yes, I often wonder how an educated and intelligent person like that can look themselves in the mirror. Must be a Faustian Pact.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yes, I often wonder how an educated and intelligent person like that can look themselves in the mirror. Must be a Faustian Pact.

Don’t get me wrong I think she believes in Trump but she has to know most of what she has to say is pure bull and deflection

Jeez! Dunno how valid this Associated Press poll is but The Donald's approval rating is tanking because of the shutdown. He's down to 34% from 42% a month ago. There is a God.

salmocab wrote: »
    Don’t get me wrong I think she believes in Trump but she has to know most of what she has to say is pure bull and deflection

I wonder. I think she's doing it because it gives her fame and fortune. I suspect she wouldn't care if The Donald dropped dead in front of her.

There are plenty of examples of much worse behaviour carried out by seemingly intelligent and moral people with the justification that the ends justifies the means.

You only have to read some of the Trump supporters on here, which have no skin in the game, to see the lengths that people will twist themselves in order to see themselves, and the actions of those they support in a good light.

So I doubt she has any trouble looking in the mirror. The fact that they no longer do daily press briefings, not because of lack of news of time, but because she feels that the press is out to get her, shows the thinking process.

Trump is getting conservative judges back in the courts. HE is putting immigrants back in their place. He is sorting out the biased and fake media. And he is teaching the damn liberals a lesson.

If that requires a few lies, a few extramarital affairs, a few corruption scandals, heck even inviting Russia to get involved, then that is a price worth paying for putting America back to it best.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    There are plenty of examples of much worse behaviour carried out by seemingly intelligent and moral people with the justification that the ends justifies the means.

You only have to read some of the Trump supporters on here, which have no skin in the game, to see the lengths that people will twist themselves in order to see themselves, and the actions of those they support in a good light.

So I doubt she has any trouble looking in the mirror. The fact that they no longer do daily press briefings, not because of lack of news of time, but because she feels that the press is out to get her, shows the thinking process.

Trump is getting conservative judges back in the courts. HE is putting immigrants back in their place. He is sorting out the biased and fake media. And he is teaching the damn liberals a lesson.

If that requires a few lies, a few extramarital affairs, a few corruption scandals, heck even inviting Russia to get involved, then that is a price worth paying for putting America back to it best.

She deliberately lies in front of the world's press knowing that what is coming out of her mouth is wrong and will immediately be proven wrong. She must have a very serious form of cognitive dissonance if she can look herself in the mirror and see an honourable person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Penn wrote: »
    Roger Stone has been arrested as part of the Mueller investigation

https://twitter.com/kadhimshubber/status/1088758675064406016

Obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements

Haven't been able to check the thread untill now. Great to see some more progress. "Drain the swamp" "MAGA" and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Airports stopping flights due to lack of staff over the shutdown.

New York’s LaGuardia Airport stopped flights from landing because of a shortage of air traffic controllers caused by Donald Trump’s government shutdown. The airport, in New York City’s Queens borough, halted incoming flights after 10am EST Friday – 35 days after President Trump shutdown the US government – with its air traffic controllers forced to work without pay.

• Advertisement

She deliberately lies in front of the world's press knowing that what is coming out of her mouth is wrong and will immediately be proven wrong. She must have a very serious form of cognitive dissonance if she can look herself in the mirror and see an honourable person.

Totally agree, but we have seen plenty of examples of it in the past. Priests do it all the time for example. The recent debate about the Pope coming to Ireland had plenty of people arguing for understanding of the Popes position when ordinarily those people would be aghast at the sort of treatment carried out.

I am not trying to argue she is right, but we can see posters on here using the very same process. Many of them admit that Trump is bad, a liar, a fraud, but he is doing the things they like so they are prepared to accept it.

SHS is there is keep the wolves from the door to allow the greater work to be carried out. IMO, she sees this almost in religious terms, a great crusade against the evils of the left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement