Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primavera Sound 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Not bad, couple of clashes like Malkmus and Tomberlin but I don't miss much during the Champions League final.
    Not much going on at Mordor for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

clashfinder too, handier IMO (using a desktop anyway, not mad about clashfinder on the phone)
    https://clashfinder.com/s/ps19/

and 2019 map:

https://assets.primaverasound.com/2019/downloads/photos/Mapa_PS19_20190510122354.png

Mapa_PS19_20190510122354.png

Just Mustard added, playing Friday at 19:20 on the Primavera stage instead of Georgia Anne Muldrow.
    https://www.primaverasound.es/noticiaSingle?id=1685

I think them, Krystal Klear, and WIFE (as part of Bliss Signal) are the only Irish acts on the main lineup?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pop Quiz - first Irish act to play primavera?

I think them, Krystal Klear, and WIFE (as part of Bliss Signal) are the only Irish acts on the main lineup?

Roisin Murphy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

lordgoat wrote: »

Aphex?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin seems to be in the first one that played in 2002 with Irish roots anyway.

.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primavera_Sound#2001_edition

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Aphex Twin seems to be in the first one that played in 2002 with Irish roots anyway.

.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primavera_Sound#2001_edition

The good 'ol primavera days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Girl band played the main festival a few years ago

a little less concrete and dust at Mordor this year.

60960910.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Was it So Cow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone there this year?

1st year in 6 missing it for me.

Yep, few bad choices made yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mcdonut

Twin Kranes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Not there this year either. Had a look at the timetable and I'd have had about 7 or 8 acts yesterday and today that I'd have wanted but not much on Saturday. Always a good weekend but no regrets skipping it yet!!

Would love to know if there's any/many changes to the site, layout, facilities, etc though. Thought it felt very busy last year so would be interested to know if they've made any adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Saturday looks pretty barren. Saw a photo on Instagram of a half empty Mordor at 10pm. Courtney Barnett was playing at the time

Saturday looks pretty barren. Saw a photo on Instagram of a half empty Mordor at 10pm. Courtney Barnett was playing at the time

We left it be bar Robyn and Janelle. Saturday was grand, started with Built to Spill, then the big match, bit of neneh cherry, Jarvis, stereolab and roisin Murphy. Sunday was great in town; filthy friends, Aghost, the Bethss and Amyl and the Sniffers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Yeah I've heard people say Sunday night was a return to Primavera form!

great weekend again. the poppier lineup basically meant less clashes for me really. Saw loads of great stuff, but still managed to miss a lot of acts I wanted to see.
    Best act: Carly Rae Jepsen :o Channel Tres down at the beach was brilliant too.
    Lowlight: the shambles of a bar system.

some full sets on their youtube channel too mix of smaller acts and biggies like Robyn, Nas, Big Red Machine, Suede, Courtney Barnett, etc:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PrimaveraSoundTV/videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

great weekend again. the poppier lineup basically meant less clashes for me really. Saw loads of great stuff, but still managed to miss a lot of acts I wanted to see.
    Best act: Carly Rae Jepsen :o Channel Tres down at the beach was brilliant too.
    Lowlight: the shambles of a bar system.

some full sets on their youtube channel too mix of smaller acts and biggies like Robyn, Nas, Big Red Machine, Suede, Courtney Barnett, etc:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PrimaveraSoundTV/videos

That's one thing I didn't miss this year!!

Glad it was a good weekend - might try get back next year to see Pavement if there's some good announcements to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

This year was my first time at this and I was very impressed. It's so well organised with great sound quality and production values and the depth of the lineup is remarkable. That depth leads to a huge amount of clashes but that's unavoidable.

Carly Rae Jepsen, Low, Robyn, FKA Twigs, Charli XCX, Solange, Suede and Danny Brown were the highlights from the acts I saw on the main stages. I also really enjoyed Aisha Devi, Forest Drive West, Anthony Naples, Marie Davidson, Helena Hauff, Agoria and Avalon Emerson from the electronic end of things. Wasn't overly keen on Christine and the Queens despite liking some of their tracks. Thought Yves Tumor was rubbish.

I think as a festival it does lack a little something in terms of atmosphere but as an opportunity to see a huge and diverse selection of current music while enjoying everything that Barcelona has to offer it's pretty much unbeatable.

Danny Brown was excellent indeed. Also enjoyed primal scream, pond, dream wife, tomberlin, the Beth's, amyl and the sniffers (twice) , dream wife, fcuked up, Mura masa, guided by voices, Kate tempest, sons of kemet, beak and CHAI

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

sweetie wrote: »
    Danny Brown was excellent indeed. Also enjoyed primal scream, pond, dream wife, tomberlin, the Beth's, amyl and the sniffers (twice) , dream wife, fcuked up, Mura masa, guided by voices, Kate tempest, sons of kemet, beak and CHAI

It says it all about Primavera that I'd have happily caught most of those in other circumstances. Would love to have been able to stay for the Sunday and catch The Beths. Such a fantastic band.

Sandwell wrote:
    It says it all about Primavera that I'd have happily caught most of those in other circumstances. Would love to have been able to stay for the Sunday and catch The Beths. Such a fantastic band.

I always stay for Sunday, love a mexican in Rosa Raval then cans in the sun and a few bands in the university and sala Apollo.

Thought the atmosphere was grand myself, just two of us so always looking for banter, chats and diversions.

Was it So Cow ?

10/10

Missing next year again for another wedding. 3 years in a row. Sickened.

10/10

Missing next year again for another wedding. 3 years in a row. Sickened.

Handy having Porto for wedding clashes!

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Handy having Porto for wedding clashes!

It's like Coke and Coke Zero for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭dublinkeith

Tenth time at it and it finally happened this year. I felt like a grandad. Up in Mordor anyway, surrounded by gorgeous glittered young things as I stroked my greying stubble. Ah well. At least they had grass to sit my weary bones on. Saw three bands up there - Interpol phoned it in and reversed the charges, Solange was ok but the production made the show more so than the setlist, and saw the last 30 mins of Robyn which was 15 mins of rave music and only 4 actual songs. Heineken Zero tasted better than the regular Heineken they served up this year. Bring back Estrella. Suede, Apparat and Sons of Kemet XL were my highlights but I couldn’t honestly say that there was a really memorable set from the weekend that would stand up against anything from previous editions. Great weather this year though. And the kids really embraced The New Normal. Such a relaxed and colourful atmosphere this year. Hated that Pull and Bear shop at the entrance, used to love browsing the merch and record label stalls that stood there in previous years. Nobody smokes anymore. That hit me two days in. Anyway, had a ball and will see you next year for Pavement and Katy Perry.

Anyone else come home with a ton of plastic cups!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

If any of you fine VIPs aren't using their code for next year please let me know. My GF and I are of the sore back variety and would appreciate a sit down VIP area.

If you like I can send you Bon jovi/Manic St preachers tickets as a thank you of sorts.

Playing RDS Dublin this Sunday :)

Thanks

Advertisement