Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mattress Warranty

Options
  • 03-12-2018 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I bought a King Koil Mattress 6.5 years ago. The warranty is for 10 years. I noticed last month that one side has totally dipped and sagged. I called into the shop earlier today to enquire about a warranty and the sales assistant didn't say how long the warranty was on it but said it was unlikely to have a warranty after 6 years. He was most unhelpful. I have the model name and I have googles the model and now know that King Koil satan over their mattresses for 10 years. I don't have proof of purchase but I did have it delivered by the shop so they could have my details. Am I correct to pursue this? I feel I am within my consumer rights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Sounds like an inexperienced salesman, they should know exactly how long the warranty is.
    If its a manufacturers warranty, then the shop isnt losing anything.
    Talk to the manager.
    Also, by law every company must keep receipts, sales dockets for 7 years. If you know roughly when this was delivered, they can find the proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Vic_08

ChoKuRay wrote: »
    I bought a King Koil Mattress 6.5 years ago. The warranty is for 10 years. I noticed last month that one side has totally dipped and sagged. I called into the shop earlier today to enquire about a warranty and the sales assistant didn't say how long the warranty was on it but said it was unlikely to have a warranty after 6 years. He was most unhelpful. I have the model name and I have googles the model and now know that King Koil satan over their mattresses for 10 years. I don't have proof of purchase but I did have it delivered by the shop so they could have my details. Am I correct to pursue this? I feel I am within my consumer rights.

:eek: Doesn't sound conducive to a good night's sleep.

The store isn't necessarily responsible for the manufacturer's warranty.

If you want action from the retailer it would be under sale of goods act or a warranty they offered.

6.5 years sounds like a bit much for redress under statutory rights and unless you have written proof of a store offered warranty then you have little to go on with them.

As you have said it is the manufacturer offering the 10 year you might be better off contacting them directly.

Advertisement