Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fault with broadband / Eir shambles

Options
  • 03-12-2018 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I switched to Eir around 6 weeks ago and it's been a total shambles so far if I'm being honest, really jsut browned off already at this early stage. So I'm hoping the reps here can at least restore my faith even a little bit.

For the past 3 weeks, my broadband coverage has been dropping intermittently. I've had 2 days where the coverage hasn't dropped at some stage. This could be for anything from 5 minutes to a full day. I work from home and rely heavily on it, so obviously it's extra frustrating that I lose out being able to work too.

I logged this fault with your customer care reps over the phone and they said an engineer would be in touch about an appointment to inspect the lines. However, when the engineer tried to contact me I was on the phone - here's the funny bit - trying to get through to your reps again about another issue - for a full hour without any answer, so I gave up. So not only did I not get through, I missed the engineer. I called him back and he said I had to call the reps again to re-schedule the appointment.

I really haven't got the time to sit waiting on the phone for an hour or more again trying to re-schedule this - so is it possible to re-schedule this either on here, or by logging a callback to me? They couldn't do it through webchat... actually, I got passed around to 3 different reps on one webchat session and had to repeat my query each time to the next person, bizarre.

I received my first bill for €110 a couple of weeks ago. I knew it would be higher than normal for the first bill, I'm just a bit peeved at paying full bills when there have been days worth of outages built up. When I queried this on the webchat I was told that a fault had only been logged once (despite several calls), so they'd knock €10 off. Again, I haven't time to call Eir every time something happens - that'd be about 15-20 calls in the past 3 weeks alone.

Really hope I fare better here than I have done by phone and webchats. Otherwise I'm absolutely dreading the thoughts of being stuck for another 11 months in a contract with this.

Appreciate any help, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

- bo - wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I switched to Eir around 6 weeks ago and it's been a total shambles so far if I'm being honest, really jsut browned off already at this early stage. So I'm hoping the reps here can at least restore my faith even a little bit.

For the past 3 weeks, my broadband coverage has been dropping intermittently. I've had 2 days where the coverage hasn't dropped at some stage. This could be for anything from 5 minutes to a full day. I work from home and rely heavily on it, so obviously it's extra frustrating that I lose out being able to work too.

I logged this fault with your customer care reps over the phone and they said an engineer would be in touch about an appointment to inspect the lines. However, when the engineer tried to contact me I was on the phone - here's the funny bit - trying to get through to your reps again about another issue - for a full hour without any answer, so I gave up. So not only did I not get through, I missed the engineer. I called him back and he said I had to call the reps again to re-schedule the appointment.

I really haven't got the time to sit waiting on the phone for an hour or more again trying to re-schedule this - so is it possible to re-schedule this either on here, or by logging a callback to me? They couldn't do it through webchat... actually, I got passed around to 3 different reps on one webchat session and had to repeat my query each time to the next person, bizarre.

I received my first bill for €110 a couple of weeks ago. I knew it would be higher than normal for the first bill, I'm just a bit peeved at paying full bills when there have been days worth of outages built up. When I queried this on the webchat I was told that a fault had only been logged once (despite several calls), so they'd knock €10 off. Again, I haven't time to call Eir every time something happens - that'd be about 15-20 calls in the past 3 weeks alone.

Really hope I fare better here than I have done by phone and webchats. Otherwise I'm absolutely dreading the thoughts of being stuck for another 11 months in a contract with this.

Appreciate any help, cheers.
    Hi -bo-, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you and see what I can do. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Hi -bo-, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you and see what I can do. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Similar experience with eir tried logging a fault over the phone. When they ask if you have a dial tone press 1 or press 2 if you haven't the line goes dead. Great service must say. I'm almost out of contract I'll be running for the hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi -bo-, 

Thanks

Tracey 

Similar experience with eir tried logging a fault over the phone. When they ask if you have a dial tone press 1 or press 2 if you haven't the line goes dead. Great service must say. I'm almost out of contract I'll be running for the hills.
    Hi Montgolfier, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

You can also log a fault online here 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Mother's phone is not working logged the fault 5 days ago but it's still not working even though it says it's repaired. Tried logging it again didnt register. I spoke to Shashank from India or somewhere on web chat for 45minutes no joy. I then called 1890260260 and told it's a 30 min wait spent 37 minutes on hold with eir before I hung up, it's a sham. So I logged the fault with comreg. What is going on???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Typical eir, let's make possible..... Until they get your money.
    Big ad campaigns, 5h1t customer support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Mother's phone is not working logged the fault 5 days ago but it's  still not working even though it says it's repaired. Tried logging it again didnt register. I spoke to Shashank from India or somewhere on web chat for 45minutes no joy. I then called 1890260260 and told it's a 30 min wait spent 37 minutes on hold with eir before I hung up, it's a sham. So I logged the fault with comreg. What is going on???
    Hi Montgolfier, 

Sorry to hear the phone is not working. 

The team that looks after technical issues are our technical team. 

I understand you have already spoken with this team. 

You will need to speak with this team for them to give you an update

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

I haven't spoken to them as it impossible when they keep cutting me off. That's the problem.

I haven't spoken to them as it impossible when they keep cutting me off. That's the problem.
    Hi Montgolfier, 

Sorry to hear the call is being disconnected. 

You can also log a fault by logging into your my eir account. Details on how to log a fault can be found here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

OP here. I've had to log another fault for the same intermittent dropping of broadband as it's happened for the last 3-4 days again for a few minutes at a time.

My patience has well and truly worn thin at this stage. I'm normally quite patient with issues like this - and have been so far - but if I don't get a satisfactory resolution this time around then as soon as I hit Virgin Media's 6 month cooling off period (in 2 months' time), I'm going to have to jump ship back to them and re-sign up as a new customer.

I'll be mid-contract with Eir but if I'm not released from contract I'll happily post the equipment back and cancel the direct debit because I'm just not getting the service I'm paying for, and my work is too dependent on having coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

I don't know, at this stage, why anyone is surprised by the poor level of customer satisfaction of eir customers.
    Soon as they get your money that's it. They treat you like 5h1t, scripted, rehearsed answers to questions you never asked in the first place.
    Not enough competition imo

• Advertisement

OP here. I've had to log another fault for the same intermittent dropping of broadband as it's happened for the last 3-4 days again for a few minutes at a time.

My patience has well and truly worn thin at this stage. I'm normally quite patient with issues like this - and have been so far - but if I don't get a satisfactory resolution this time around then as soon as I hit Virgin Media's 6 month cooling off period (in 2 months' time), I'm going to have to jump ship back to them and re-sign up as a new customer.

I'll be mid-contract with Eir but if I'm not released from contract I'll happily post the equipment back and cancel the direct debit because I'm just not getting the service I'm paying for, and my work is too dependent on having coverage.
    Hi -bo-, 

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having. 

I would suggest contacting our technical team. You can contact our online technical team here or by calling 1890260260 and they will be able to investigate this for you. 

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The speed profile you are on may be too high for your line. That can cause problems.
    Has anyone in tech suggested this to you? If not ask them to test the line to see what speed the line can take vs the profile you are on and maybe ask to drop down to the next profile.

Hi -bo-, 

I would suggest contacting our technical team. You can contact our online technical team here or by calling 1890260260 and they will be able to investigate this for you. 

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks for the reply. I logged the fault a couple of days ago already so I assume Eir will be in touch.

I really don't want to come across as a smartarse because it's really no reflection on the boards.ie Eir reps - but I just can't waste time calling your tech team again due to multiple bad experiences, between waiting 45 mins - 1 hour each time and sometimes not even getting an answer in the end. It's taking too much time out of my days and only adds to the stress.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    The speed profile you are on may be too high for your line. That can cause problems.
    Has anyone in tech suggested this to you? If not ask them to test the line to see what speed the line can take vs the profile you are on and maybe ask to drop down to the next profile.
    Thanks for replying - already had a techinician visit the house and did work on one of the nearby exchanges too and it was never something he mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That would ir technical support, not the technicians

Hi -bo-, 

I would suggest contacting our technical team. You can contact our online technical team here or by calling 1890260260 and they will be able to investigate this for you. 

Grainne
    Hi Grainne,

Thanks for the reply. I logged the fault a couple of days ago already so I assume Eir will be in touch.

I really don't want to come across as a smartarse because it's really no reflection on the boards.ie Eir reps - but I just can't waste time calling your tech team again due to multiple bad experiences, between waiting 45 mins - 1 hour each time and sometimes not even getting an answer in the end. It's taking too much time out of my days and only adds to the stress.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Thanks for replying - already had a techinician visit the house and did work on one of the nearby exchanges too and it was never something he mentioned.
    Hi - bo -, 

My apologies you are unable to get through to this team. 

You can also contact our online technical team here this team will be able to check for an update. 

Grainne

Gráinne/Eir reps,

My broadband dropped for the 4th, 5th and 6th (wahey) time this morning since I logged that fault on 19th Feb. I'm currently connected to mobile hotspot to send this, and I cannot work today as a result even though I need to.

I didn't hear anything back regarding the fault I logged, and now it's disappeared when I log in to the eir site. So I can't even give you the reference number for it.

Can you please just get somebody in contact with me and try to get this resolved once and for all.

If not, could we both just agree to terminate the contract early so I can at least get something in that I can rely on. If it's not the case I'll just look up the address and send the equipment back and cancel the direct debit. I'm sick to the back teeth of it at this stage.

Thanks.

Gráinne/Eir reps,

My broadband dropped for the 4th, 5th and 6th (wahey) time this morning since I logged that fault on 19th Feb. I'm currently connected to mobile hotspot to send this, and I cannot work today as a result even though I need to.

I didn't hear anything back regarding the fault I logged, and now it's disappeared when I log in to the eir site. So I can't even give you the reference number for it.

Can you please just get somebody in contact with me and try to get this resolved once and for all.

If not, could we both just agree to terminate the contract early so I can at least get something in that I can rely on. If it's not the case I'll just look up the address and send the equipment back and cancel the direct debit. I'm sick to the back teeth of it at this stage.

Thanks.
    Hi -bo-, 

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having with your broadband. 

As I previously advised you will need to contact our technical team on 1890260260 or our online technical team here

This team will be able to investigate what the problem is. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

I'm without broadband again today.

That means I can't work.

It also means I have to now work tomorrow, on a day I'm meant to start holidays.

I'm going to try one more call tomorrow to eir customer care, and if it goes unanswered again, or I'm left hanging for anything close to an hour again, this equipment is getting packed up and sent back and my direct debit cancelled as soon as I can get another provider in. I've had enough. There's only so much of this jokeshop of a company someone can take.

I'm without broadband again today.

That means I can't work.

It also means I have to now work tomorrow, on a day I'm meant to start holidays.

I'm going to try one more call tomorrow to eir customer care, and if it goes unanswered again, or I'm left hanging for anything close to an hour again, this equipment is getting packed up and sent back and my direct debit cancelled as soon as I can get another provider in. I've had enough. There's only so much of this jokeshop of a company someone can take.
    Hi -bo-, 

My sincere apologies you are having issues with your broadband. 

The quickest way to get this resolved is to contact our technical team on 1890260260 and they will investigate this for you. 

Grainne

Advertisement